• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Performance Pack on the GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
I'm going to order a GT Premium, Race Red, 10-speed, with Nite Pony Pack, 401A Equipment Group.

What I see on this forum is that almost everybody goes with the Performance Pack.

So now I'm looking at the performance pack and it costs 5000 USD. That's 10% of the whole car that I built.

When I go through the list of what the Performance car comes with, I'm not really that impressed and it has everything to do with my 0-technical background.

- 19 inch Brembo Brakes (I don't know how big the difference is between this and the GT brakes).
- Electric hand operated parking break (this has no value for me)
- Front Tow hooks (this has no value for me)
- Grille painted in Ebony black (Are the GT grills not painted black?)
- Heavy Duty front springs (I have no clue what this adds for me)
- K-Brace (I have no clue what this does)
- Performance Raised rear wing (This is absolutely cool looking and I want it)
- Black painted strut tower brace (I have no clue what a tower brace is and what it does)
- Torsen 3.55 (I have no clue what this is)
- Unique chassis tuning (what's the difference?)
- Upsized rear sway bar (I have no clue what this does)

As you can see the Performance Pack comes along with plenty of things. But for me, It looks like the 5000 USD are too much. Especially if I only want the rear spoiler and have no clue what all the other options are and what they do.

I am not a racer. I'm also never going to take my car to the track, tune it or anything.
The 486 HP on my future GT are more than enough.

But I still hope there is someone out here who still can convince me to take the Performance Pack cause I love gadgets. But I want to know what they do first :p
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
You have no need of the Performance Pack. Unless, there's certain wheels you have to have over the other one's.

Last edited:

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm going to order a GT Premium, Race Red, 10-speed, with Nite Pony Pack, 401A Equipment Group.

What I see on this forum is that almost everybody goes with the Performance Pack.

So now I'm looking at the performance pack and it costs 5000 USD. That's 10% of the whole car that I built.

When I go through the list of what the Performance car comes with, I'm not really that impressed and it has everything to do with my 0-technical background.

- 19 inch Brembo Brakes (I don't know how big the difference is between this and the GT brakes).
- Black painted strut tower brace (I have no clue what a tower brace is and what it does)

As you can see the Performance Pack comes along with plenty of things. But for me, It looks like the 5000 USD are too much. Especially if I only want the rear spoiler and have no clue what all the other options are and what they do.

I am not a racer. I'm also never going to take my car to the track, tune it or anything.

But I still hope there is someone out here who still can convince me to take the Performance Pack cause I love gadgets. But I want to know what they do first :p
All of those suspension changes make a significant difference. If you're not going to modify the car, then the PP is a must-have. The non-performance pack suspension handles like a boat and the stock 3.15 gears on the AT feel slow as shit

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's almost always worth it to get the performance pack, just do it. You'll thank yourself later. Even if you don't think you'll get much use out of any of the individual components, they all work together to add a lot of handling and general improvements. The torsen rear end for example is basically zero maintenance and better in every way over the base LSD. That alone is worth it, because it's expensive to rectify that in the aftermarket.

To answer your question though, many of the included items are to improve handling and chassis feel. For the S550 you also got a bigger radiator as well to help with extended high performance driving.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
All of those suspension changes make a significant difference. If you're not going to modify the car, then the PP is a must-have. The non-performance pack suspension handles like a boat and the stock 3.15 gears on the AT feel slow as shit
Is it only the feeling that it's slower or is it really slower?

I only had a chance to drive the normale GT on many occasions when doing roadtrips in the US.
I have no idea how it feels driving a GT with a PP. Maybe I should wait and do a test drive when they come out.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
  • Banned
It's almost always worth it to get the performance pack, just do it. You'll thank yourself later. Even if you don't think you'll get much use out of any of the individual components, they all work together to add a lot of handling and general improvements. The torsen rear end for example is basically zero maintenance and better in every way over the base LSD. That alone is worth it, because it's expensive to rectify that in the aftermarket.

To answer your question though, many of the included items are to improve handling and chassis feel. For the S550 you also got a bigger radiator as well to help with extended high performance driving.
Can you maybe explain to a stupid-zero-technic-guy what a Torsen rear end is and what it does? LOL

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is it only the feeling that it's slower or is it really slower?

I only had a chance to drive the normale GT on many occasions when doing roadtrips in the US.
I have no idea how it feels driving a GT with a PP. Maybe I should wait and do a test drive when they come out.
It's actually slower. The 3.55 rear ratio picks up like 2 tenths in the quarter at least. The PP GT just feels tighter and nicer to drive in every way compared to a base car. I've been slowly adding PP stuff to my base car to rectify that problem, lol.

A Torsen LSD is a fully mechanical limited slip, versus the base rear end that uses wearable clutch packs to achieve the limited slip functionality.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You have no need of the Performance Pack. Unless, there's certain wheels you have to have over the other one's.
lol performance pack for wheels??

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
There's a reason the EU/Australian S550s came with the Performance Pack as standard........for the market the car was aimed at, it was felt the improved chassis dynamics were a must have.

I suspect the same will go for S650.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1

Look at the handling package on the DH

$4,995
-wheels
-tires
-adjustable strut mounts
-tow hooks
-gurney flap/spoiler
-chassis tuning (alignment)

At least the performance package adds to your driving experience.

Point is well taken, in your case with no intention to drag the car, or track the car you will feel the difference in everyday driving if you had one with along side one without for back to back test drives.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I was able to test drive cars with and without the Performance Package as well as with MagnaRide. I wound up buying a California Special and neither of these options were available back in 2019. They both became available in 2022 and I definitely would have added them. My car is a boulevard cruiser with some local twisty road action. No racing and/or track use.

The PP car I test drove was tighter and more focused. The MagneRide was just awesome. Best of both worlds, comfort and handling. Could definitely tell the difference on all road surfaces. Now whether or not this has a value to you I cannot answer. Can only tell you what I would do.

The difference is big for the track and/or really aggressive driving. But, that said, there is never such a thing as to much brake. In an emergency the Brembo's are worth every penny.

All of these will improve the handling of the car and firms up the ride. The only way for you to tell if this is important to you is to test drive both.

This was answered before and I concur. The 3.55 gears really wake the car up acceleration wise from a stop. I wish I had them.

- Grille painted in Ebony black (Are the GT grills not painted black?) Different black
- Performance Raised rear wing (This is absolutely cool looking and I want it) Agreed
- Electric hand operated parking break (this has no value for me) Me neither!
- Front Tow hooks (this has no value for me)Same here!

You did forget a very imprortant difference. The wheels and tires. Staggered wheels make rotating front to back impossible and the car will now come with summer tires which suck once the temps drop below 5°C. If either of these things could be an issue for you then the PP might be a pass.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I was able to test drive cars with and without the Performance Package as well as with MagnaRide. I wound up buying a California Special and neither of these options were available back in 2019. They both became available in 2022 and I definitely would have added them. My car is a boulevard cruiser with some local twisty road action. No racing and/or track use.

The PP car I test drove was tighter and more focused. The MagneRide was just awesome. Best of both worlds, comfort and handling. Could definitely tell the difference on all road surfaces. Now whether or not this has a value to you I cannot answer. Can only tell you what I would do.

The difference is big for the track and/or really aggressive driving. But, that said, there is never such a thing as to much brake. In an emergency the Brembo's are worth every penny.

All of these will improve the handling of the car and firms up the ride. The only way for you to tell if this is important to you is to test drive both.

This was answered before and I concur. The 3.55 gears really wake the car up acceleration wise from a stop. I wish I had them.

- Grille painted in Ebony black (Are the GT grills not painted black?) Different black
- Performance Raised rear wing (This is absolutely cool looking and I want it) Agreed
- Electric hand operated parking break (this has no value for me) Me neither!
- Front Tow hooks (this has no value for me)Same here!

You did forget a very imprortant difference. The wheels and tires. Staggered wheels make rotating front to back impossible and the car will now come with summer tires which suck once the temps drop below 5°C. If either of these things could be an issue for you then the PP might be a pass.
Thanks for the advice.

I live in a cold snowy and rainy country where I will be daily driving my Mustang. Summer tires are a no go. Especially for a rear wheel drive car with that horsepower.

I think I just have to wait and test drive a PP to see and feel the difference. For me it will be a long wait, cause I need to save money as well.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Thanks for the advice.

I live in a cold snowy and rainy country where I will be daily driving my Mustang. Summer tires are a no go. Especially for a rear wheel drive car with that horsepower.

I think I just have to wait and test drive a PP to see and feel the difference. For me it will be a long wait, cause I need to save money as well.
If you are planning to buy the car in NL you will most likely have PP wether you like it or not. Unless they change how the cars come to EU. If you will import then that's another thing

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
If you are planning to buy the car in NL you will most likely have PP wether you like it or not. Unless they change how the cars come to EU. If you will import then that's another thing
Yeah, I'm planning to buy 1 in Canada.
Sponsored