• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Performance Pack on the GT

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Just an FYI guys the PP1 is not a track car package, period. It makes the car a better street sports car and it you are going to track the base DH is a minimum. I’m talking about HPDE also not strip duty.
So true. The base GT suspension is setup for the 80% of Mustang owners who will never push the car beyond its limits. The PP is designed for the other 15%. Now the 5% getting the PP & MagneRide realize they can have it all.
Sponsored

Asphodox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm going to order a GT Premium, Race Red, 10-speed, with Nite Pony Pack, 401A Equipment Group.

What I see on this forum is that almost everybody goes with the Performance Pack.

So now I'm looking at the performance pack and it costs 5000 USD. That's 10% of the whole car that I built.

When I go through the list of what the Performance car comes with, I'm not really that impressed and it has everything to do with my 0-technical background.

- 19 inch Brembo Brakes (I don't know how big the difference is between this and the GT brakes).
- Electric hand operated parking break (this has no value for me)
- Front Tow hooks (this has no value for me)
- Grille painted in Ebony black (Are the GT grills not painted black?)
- Heavy Duty front springs (I have no clue what this adds for me)
- K-Brace (I have no clue what this does)
- Performance Raised rear wing (This is absolutely cool looking and I want it)
- Black painted strut tower brace (I have no clue what a tower brace is and what it does)
- Torsen 3.55 (I have no clue what this is)
- Unique chassis tuning (what's the difference?)
- Upsized rear sway bar (I have no clue what this does)

As you can see the Performance Pack comes along with plenty of things. But for me, It looks like the 5000 USD are too much. Especially if I only want the rear spoiler and have no clue what all the other options are and what they do.

I am not a racer. I'm also never going to take my car to the track, tune it or anything.
The 486 HP on my future GT are more than enough.

But I still hope there is someone out here who still can convince me to take the Performance Pack cause I love gadgets. But I want to know what they do first :p
what I heard is that you can actually order the dark horse performance pack rear spoiler and slap it into the GT once it arrives but I am not sure I’ve tried contacting my dealer about it but they haven’t responded to me. I’m hoping this is true

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Just an FYI guys the PP1 is not a track car package, period. It makes the car a better street sports car and it you are going to track the base DH is a minimum. I’m talking about HPDE also not strip duty.
Agreed, i have read a ton of stories about the diffs getting too hot and putting the cars in limp mode before 20 minutes of track time. Heck, even the early tech pack GT350s had this issue, which is why they made the coolers standard on the later GT350s (and Mach 1 and Dark Horse). If you are looking to HPDE the car, Dark Horse or aftermarket coolers will be necessary. If you want spiritied street driving, the PP could suffice.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
what I heard is that you can actually order the dark horse performance pack rear spoiler and slap it into the GT once it arrives but I am not sure I’ve tried contacting my dealer about it but they haven’t responded to me. I’m hoping this is true
Ofcourse it's possible.

All cars will eventually have loose parts to order. So you can ordet a Dark Horse spoiler if you wish and slap it on your car.
Sponsored