• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So whats the general thoughts on 7gen Dud or Stud!!!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I genuinely don't understand people pushing the "it looks like a cAMaRo". The hips are more pronounced, yes, but not that different from S550. These are the types of comments I would expect from the average non-car person, but not car people.
Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I genuinely don't understand people pushing the "it looks like a cAMaRo". The hips are more pronounced, yes, but not that different from S550. These are the types of comments I would expect from the average non-car person, but not car people.
It's sour grapes.

Look, obviously if you're really looking forward to, maybe already preparing to purchase, a particular car and when it's revealed there's some major design aspect of it that really turns you off, there's a potential to be bitter about it. Here's a thing I really wanted and expected to be available, and it's just not going to be.

After all, we can hope for aftermarket taillights. There's not a lot of hope for a traditional gauge display that can be swapped into this car for a reasonable amount of effort or money.

People will get over that and move on. A lot of people will buy the car, and most people who are angry now will recover and move on to another choice, and forget about all this.

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
There's not a lot of hope for a traditional gauge display that can be swapped into this car for a reasonable amount of effort or money.
As the displays appear to be simply glued on, I don't see this being THAT hard. Whomever pulls it off for reasonable price will be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. šŸ˜‚

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
For me, DUD. For younger buyers without as much invested in past Mustangs, I can understand the appeal.

I am trying hard to like the appearance but canā€™t get there. I genuinely do not find this to be an attractive car.

If the performance numbers were more than just a marginal improvement over the current cars Iā€™d at least be interested in THAT.

Interiors donā€™t excite me.

Iā€™m thrilled that they chose to name the high performance version Dark Horse instead of Mach 1.

Glad that at this point Iā€™m not the least bit tempted to order a DH.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
My opinion is similar to that of Alejandro Flores. Looks good, dash is wack, drift brake is a lame gimmick that is basically the "thanks, nobody asked" meme, and the car as a whole is going to be bland because Ford seems to be locking down their ECU's more and more. The 2024 Mustangs are going to be basically stock cars with catbacks, wheels, and lowering kits for the next 2-3 years, getting gapped by tuned Gen 2 and 3 cars.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
For me, DUD. For younger buyers without as much invested in past Mustangs, I can understand the appeal.
I'm an older guy, and have a deep appreciation for previous gens - and I love the car. So do a lot of the older gents in my track group. I think you're off base claiming only young people like the aesthetic.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
My opinion is similar to that of Alejandro Flores. Looks good, dash is wack, drift brake is a lame gimmick that is basically the "thanks, nobody asked" meme, and the car as a whole is going to be bland because Ford seems to be locking down their ECU's more and more. The 2024 Mustangs are going to be basically stock cars with catbacks, wheels, and lowering kits for the next 2-3 years, getting gapped by tuned Gen 2 and 3 cars.
No confirmation S650 ECU is locked as of yet though. It wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram
I'm an older guy, and have a deep appreciation for previous gens - and I love the car. So do a lot of the older gents in my track group. I think you're off base claiming only young people like the aesthetic.
Maybe youā€™re in the minority as a young at heart old guy. šŸ˜‚

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As the displays appear to be simply glued on, I don't see this being THAT hard. Whomever pulls it off for reasonable price will be wealthy beyond their wildest dreams. šŸ˜‚
I'm gonna get me a van and pull up beside '24 Stang owners at stop lights, offering to fix-up their instrument clusters in an hour for a hundred bucks. A pair of tin snips, a wire skinner, some super-glue and...I dunno, something else = Profit!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Another old git here (51) with a deep appreciation of all Mustangs.............and I love this one. The interior isn't how I'd have done it (I'd have integrated the screens into the dash) but I already want one.

I actually prefer the look of the GT front end over the DH.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
No confirmation S650 ECU is locked as of yet though. It wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere.
Considering the F150 still remains locked, and the EPA is cracking down on anyone that attempts to tamper with a vehicle's emissions in ANY way, Ford is expected to keep the ECU's locked because that shifts the liability of violating EPA regs / Clean Air Act to the individual shops.

These locked ECUs are not going to go away without a significant change in administration, and even if that happened you wouldn't see the effects for years. The live updates alone are going to shut down those guys that were sneaking their tuned cars in for warranty work. The current trend in the car manufacturing market is the companies do not want the owners to be able to work on the vehicles, and the locked ECU's/live updates aren't even the first step. The process is well underway.

Reactions: DRB

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another old git here (51) with a deep appreciation of all Mustangs.............and I love this one. The interior isn't how I'd have done it (I'd have integrated the screens into the dash) but I already want one.

Same here, where the front ends are concerned.

Ditto, "I would have done the dash differently" is exactly what I'd say...and all that really needs to be said. Let's hold the drama and rending of garments.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE

You know, reading through posts on IG and FB, it generally seems to be the older crowd that likes the car more than the younger crowd - which is hilarious given that Ford apparently used primarily Millennials in its focus groups giving the final design the green light.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At this point they'd be foolish not to weight their focus groups toward buyers under forty, and particularly under thirty. Whatever future the car industry has is in the hands of Gen Z, not those of us who've discovered the satisfactions of being in and out of a good restaurant before the main dinner crowd hits. :wink:

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
Mustang has always had hips!!! And since it technically was out first... it should be and should have always been: Camaro looks like a Mustang" if we are gonna compare... just sayin' šŸ˜
Sponsored