• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So whats the general thoughts on 7gen Dud or Stud!!!

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
Just like most past models, it will grow on me.

Performance variations will likely seal the deal.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: DRB

5.2 L V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Dud. Rear is too high and front is just kinda boring. The KIA Suv dash takes the "sports car" out of the equation. IDK, maybe it looks better in person but I don't think its an obvious improvement over the 550

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
I’m in for the Dark Horse

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
I will be buying one. You guys will later wish that you didn't buy one.

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
I'm going to go with Stud here based on the fact she has a really nice ass and a Gen 4 Coyote. I cant wait to see what the performance numbers on this thing are going to be when it hits the streets. Dual intake and throttle bodies really makes me wonder what else they've done to it that they're not telling us about... for them to see the need to upgrade the air intake that significantly makes me think that they've really done some magic underneath there... considering how well the coyotes have responded to mods, we all know what kind of power can be made with the the 5.0... there's no telling what the Ford Engineers have done. Engine is gonna be a beast....

I love the rearend. The front... its.... ok... I'm not a real fan of how big the grill is and under the headlights... what is that all about? ... all that just empty plasticy area... and I'm not really digging the mach E style headlights. Its not bad... but it's not great either.

And I'm sorry but I absolutely hate the interior ....that dash is hideous. It's sad because I think it's really cool how you can choose the fox body style gauges and stuff like that on the display. I just wish they would have Incorporated it into the dash like they did the S550 12 inch display. With the S550, if you got the 12-in display. It had the right amount of tech along with old school legendary Mustang styling with the double brow dash and i love it, even if the menu layout isn't the best...lol

I'm just not a real big fan of the "just tack on a huge monitor on the dash and call it done" which is what it looks like they did it looks like something I would expect in a Tesla or like somebody else said.... a Kia.

They should have found some way to incorporate that into the dash even if they had to make it smaller. All those tablets in my face... it's just not going to make me feel like I'm driving a Mustang...

I haven't owned a Mustang since I sold my s197 GT in 2016 and I'm wanting to get another one...bad. I've been waiting to see what the s650 gonna look like.... sorry fellas but I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on a 19 or 20 bullitt. I keep coming back to those I really like the setup. i like s550 better than the s650 but I can't wait to see some of these s650s out on the road though and I think it's awesome that Ford's the last hold out....actually offering a muscle car. With GM and Dodge bowing out it's a matter of time before we lose them all together so I guess we better just enjoy what we got... even if they're not perfect.

Last edited:

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
I haven't owned a Mustang since I sold my s197 GT in 2016 and I'm wanting to get another one...bad.
I have owned six Mustangs since your car in 2016 (eight years ago).

I hope Ford will concentrate on real buyers and ignore the fake players.

DutchPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT EU
I have owned six Mustangs since your car in 2016 (eight years ago).

I hope Ford will concentrate on real buyers and ignore the fake players.
No need to be rude, it's not a competition. It's great Ford is still offering a V8 manual but it's definitely a controversial design, both interior and exterior.

If anything, the Mach E shows that Ford isn't really focused on pleasing the fans and is more looking to attract new customers, AKA your so called 'fake' players.

Birddogjr350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150 FX4 2016 ford explorer Sport
mechanically=stud I do not like the carry over seats, switch gear, shift knob, door handles, and door latch's that's very cheep!! cant call something all new when you have carry over parts from previous gen car!!=DUD

TheEndarkenment

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes W203 - C280 =(
Absolute stud! I instantly loved it with very few misgivings. I can't say the same for the 2018 refresh which I was not a fan of. I DO love the Mach 1 look though. I say this as an ex 2016 Camaro SS owner that adores all muscle cars. I was planning on getting another Camaro at some point... more than likely used since they won't even be selling them by the time I'm buying. As a Camaro and Mustang fan I really don't mind the merger of some Camaro'ish elements.

But seeing the 7th gen Mustang? I REALLY like what I see. I would likely get one instead.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Mechanically, great. Cosmetically, OK. Interior, It's a NO from me.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
mechanically=stud I do not like the carry over seats, switch gear, shift knob, door handles, and door latch's that's very cheep!! cant call something all new when you have carry over parts from previous gen car!!=DUD
A lot of parts are the same, as with every car from every brand. The roof is the same. It works though.
Sponsored