• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Setting an ultimatum for ford.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I have to admit I got a little impatient after I ordered my car in March. Only took about 5 1/2 months to get it, which I guess it pretty normal by today's standards. I do think that Ford needs to improve how they deal with customers who have ordered and are waiting for vehicles. I never received any correspondence from Ford confirming my order. I got frustrated because most of those on this forum received confirmation emails immediately after ordering their car. I did receive several emails from Ford during that 5 1/2 months directing me to their website and telling me it was time to "put one in my driveway." What gets me is the hype that goes into these cars. Little snippets teasing prospective buyers about how great their product is. I get that it's part of advertising, but if you're going to hype a product as the newest and best thing since sliced bread, back it up with keeping customers informed. At the end of the day my Mustang was worth waiting for. With today's technology, Ford should be able to keep customers better informed.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
my Mustang was worth waiting for. With today's technology, Ford should be able to keep customers better informed.
just imagine receiving the birth announcement from the car itself when she’s awakened for the first time. And then little dear diary entries from her as the journey progresses….

MattyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I've decided. I'm giving ford 1 more month from today to SCHEDULE my vehicle's build, or I will be cancelling my order and moving to a different brand. If it hits the 4 month mark without even being scheduled for a base model just because of the NP package then ford is not worth buying from.

So fingers crossed as I really like the 24 model, but I'm not waiting longer than that for an update on my order.

Questions for discussion

Anyone elses NP packages been built or even scheduled to be built yet?

If you had to order something besides a mustang what would it be? (my totaled car was a challenger r/t, not going back to driving a boat.)
I am in the same boat with you. It is very frustrating and their criteria for pulling orders to build is the most bizarre thing ever. I probably won't ever do this again. I just don't have the patience for this.

I say this because I ordered my car on 4/12/23. Vapor Blue GT NP PP AE MR etc... fully loaded in other words. As of today, I am still not scheduled. I've read every single post on the forums and talked to multiple dealers. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why I'm not scheduled.

Everyone is going to jump to oh its the NP holding you up or the dealer doesn't have an allocation. That was my assumption too for the longest time. However, I've decided that probably isn't the case after talking to my dealer again and lurking the local dealer websites. There are at least 4-5 cars with same options as mine (aside from color and transmission) that are in transit to local dealers. Some of which are customer orders and some are dealer stock. My dealer being one of them. He now has a car that is exactly the same spec coming in a few weeks that he ordered AFTER he put my order in. Only difference is its red and automatic. Everything else is the same including the NP. Aside from that he also has a base GT scheduled for later this month ALSO with NP. So, he has allocations and there are NP cars coming in left and right around here. Just not mine for some baffling reason.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
I am in the same boat with you. It is very frustrating and their criteria for pulling orders to build is the most bizarre thing ever. I probably won't ever do this again. I just don't have the patience for this.

I say this because I ordered my car on 4/12/23. Vapor Blue GT NP PP AE MR etc... fully loaded in other words. As of today, I am still not scheduled. I've read every single post on the forums and talked to multiple dealers. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why I'm not scheduled.

Everyone is going to jump to oh its the NP holding you up or the dealer doesn't have an allocation. That was my assumption too for the longest time. However, I've decided that probably isn't the case after talking to my dealer again and lurking the local dealer websites. There are at least 4-5 cars with same options as mine (aside from color and transmission) that are in transit to local dealers. Some of which are customer orders and some are dealer stock. My dealer being one of them. He now has a car that is exactly the same spec coming in a few weeks that he ordered AFTER he put my order in. Only difference is its red and automatic. Everything else is the same including the NP. Aside from that he also has a base GT scheduled for later this month ALSO with NP. So, he has allocations and there are NP cars coming in left and right around here. Just not mine for some baffling reason.
My build is pretty much the same as yours. I ordered mine on 3/28 and took delivery of it 1 1/2 weeks ago. I know it's frustrating. Hang in there.

Desmodeous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6, 2006 F150
Well its about that time folks. Was waiting for this email. Guess it really is that hard to paint a roof black. Should've gave me an option to just not have the roof painted.

1695280649207.png
I say cancel it and buy from a manufacturer that isn't on strike. Your pony is probably on Shawn Fain's list of demands for his cousin Hogwhallop's farm.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium

Interesting. I ordered my fully-loaded automatic Rapid Red GT (including NP AND stripes) more than two weeks after you did and received it 3 weeks ago.

MattyR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Interesting. I ordered my fully-loaded automatic Rapid Red GT (including NP AND stripes) more than two weeks after you did and received it 3 weeks ago.
Not surprised. I've seen quite a few posts over the summer of people who ordered the same thing in June, July, and August who got scheduled. Some of which have now taken delivery. I guess I'm just an extremely unlucky dude.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
It's like anyone who ordered day one or a month later got lost or pushed back. And anyone who ordered since May got scheduled and have their cars or waiting for delivery.
Sponsored