• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Setting an ultimatum for ford.

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I've decided. I'm giving ford 1 more month from today to SCHEDULE my vehicle's build, or I will be cancelling my order and moving to a different brand. If it hits the 4 month mark without even being scheduled for a base model just because of the NP package then ford is not worth buying from.

So fingers crossed as I really like the 24 model, but I'm not waiting longer than that for an update on my order.

Questions for discussion

Anyone elses NP packages been built or even scheduled to be built yet?

If you had to order something besides a mustang what would it be? (my totaled car was a challenger r/t, not going back to driving a boat.)
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
NP cars are being scheduled, theres even videos of the staging lots with quite a bit of NP equipped 24's.

While you have NP and it is limited, you might also be dealing with a dealership who doesn't have an allocation.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
NP cars are being scheduled, theres even videos of the staging lots with quite a bit of NP equipped 24's.

While you have NP and it is limited, you might also be dealing with a dealership who doesn't have an allocation.
I'm assuming cancelling with them and moving to someone else would be pointless and move me to the back of the line though? and probably better to just wait it out?

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I'm assuming cancelling with them and moving to someone else would be pointless and move me to the back of the line though? and probably better to just wait it out?
Talk to your dealership and find out if they even have an allocation.
Some people ordered their car and got scheduled DAYS later.
Granted they might not have had NP, contrary to the sentiment here, Ford is actually looking to build the Mustang is quickly and efficiently as possible, so if you have a config that they can build, it will get scheduled quickly.

There is a thread somewhere on here about how some guy found out that he wasn't getting scheduled due to allocation. You can search for it and see what the outcome of that ended up being.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Granted they might not have had NP, contrary to the sentiment here, Ford is actually looking to build the Mustang is quickly and efficiently as possible, so if you have a config that they can build, it will get scheduled quickly.

There is a thread somewhere on here about how some guy found out that he wasn't getting scheduled due to allocation. You can search for it and see what the outcome of that ended up being.
I asked my dealership about allocation weeks ago, they wouldn't give me more than 1 or 2 word responses and didn't even seem like they knew what I was talking about.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A

Asked again if they had allocation, his response this time was "Yes, are you wanting to add to your order?"

Why would that question be relevant to me asking if they have allocation?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
We’re in a new world bro. Order what you want and wait and maybe ….maybe if you’re patient you’ll get it.

this is just the new world.
Only new car comparable would be ordering a Tesla model 3 performance.
Probably get that a tad quicker too.

or just get a 2022/23 leftover off the lot or something used.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I would switch dealers to one with an allocation. That's what I did. I had an order in the first week orders opened.... Nothing for months and dealer has no allocations. I have an order in now for about a month with a large dealer in Alabama, and I'm optimistic for a date this Thursday based on what my salesman told me.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Find another dealer if you are not being scheduled it’s definitely because of your dealer at this point as said above they don’t have an allocation

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
We’re in a new world bro. Order what you want and wait and maybe ….maybe if you’re patient you’ll get it.

this is just the new world.
Only new car comparable would be ordering a Tesla model 3 performance.
Probably get that a tad quicker too.

or just get a 2022/23 leftover off the lot or something used.
Hahaha don't think you'll ever get me in a tesla. Only reason I'm impatient is i don't have a car currently after mine being totaled. Have considered getting a 2023 but cant justify spending the same price for a worse car. Will probably just wait, maybe a 24 will show up on a nearby lot before mine is done and I'll just get it.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I would switch dealers to one with an allocation. That's what I did. I had an order in the first week orders opened.... Nothing for months and dealer has no allocations. I have an order in now for about a month with a large dealer in Alabama, and I'm optimistic for a date this Thursday based on what my salesman told me.
Salesman said "yes" when I asked if they had allocation so who knows.

javiviano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Mustang
I've decided. I'm giving ford 1 more month from today to SCHEDULE my vehicle's build, or I will be cancelling my order and moving to a different brand. If it hits the 4 month mark without even being scheduled for a base model just because of the NP package then ford is not worth buying from.

So fingers crossed as I really like the 24 model, but I'm not waiting longer than that for an update on my order.

Questions for discussion

Anyone elses NP packages been built or even scheduled to be built yet?

If you had to order something besides a mustang what would it be? (my totaled car was a challenger r/t, not going back to driving a boat.)
Hang in there. Unless this is going to be your primary vehicle, I say wait it out. I ordered a Dark Horse with everything but the Recaros. I anticipated that I may not have it until next Spring, but I'll be thrilled the day I get it. I have my dealers only allocation for it and am paying MSRP. I've wanted a Mustang my whole life and i'll wait it out. It will be worth it.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Find another dealer if you are not being scheduled it’s definitely because of your dealer at this point as said above they don’t have an allocation
Dealer claims they do, is there a way to verify with ford?

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Hang in there. Unless this is going to be your primary vehicle, I say wait it out. I ordered a Dark Horse with everything but the Recaros. I anticipated that I may not have it until next Spring, but I'll be thrilled the day I get it. I have my dealers only allocation for it and am paying MSRP. I've wanted a Mustang my whole life and i'll wait it out. It will be worth it.
It is my primary, and ONLY vehicle. My last vehicle was totaled and i don't have one currently.

Adeel3466

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT NP/PP
Dealer claims they do, is there a way to verify with ford?
Not that I know of but it doesn’t hurt to try you know find another dealership that won’t require a deposit and keep whichever one comes first
Sponsored