• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Service Vehicle Soon - WTF 😒

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Just under 1000 miles and started up my car tonight after it had been sitting for 5 hours and was presented with a pop-up that says Service Vehicle Soon and now a small wrench sits on the bottom right of the dash. Way too many issues with such a new car. Anyone have any insight into this. I have been babying this thing from day one keeping it under 4k rpm until I hit 1000 miles and now this crap @Ford Motor Company

S650 Mustang Service Vehicle Soon - WTF 😒 1000044366

S650 Mustang Service Vehicle Soon - WTF 😒 1000044367
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
I was looking through the Ford pass app and noticed this message was tossed up at 11:33 just minutes before the service vehicle soon message was displayed. Which makes no sense because the car is my daily driver and is driven all the time ...
S650 Mustang Service Vehicle Soon - WTF 😒 1000044368

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Most likely common weak battery issue. I was getting the Fordpass disable features several times a week. Though the car would crank up cold start no problem. I took it to the dealer to have the battery tested. Passed all tests was little low so they charged it up. Came home that day next morning got the Fordpass disable notification again. The key fob is not disabled so no big deal, I never start the car with the app anyway.

Dealer confirmed my suspicion,this car has so much draw on it that Remote Features disabled is just a protective measure. I keep mine on a battery tender now and have not had an issue since.

Mine is a almost daily driver though short trips on a daily basis is just not good enough to satisfy the battery and low RPM driving does not help. I know there is no official break in period though I have been gettin on it much more and it is really running like a beast. This car does not want to be babied, good thing for me.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Most likely common weak battery issue. I was getting the Fordpass disable features several times a week. Though the car would crank up cold start no problem. I took it to the dealer to have the battery tested. Passed all tests was little low so they charged it up. Came home that day next morning got the Fordpass disable notification again. The key fob is not disabled so no big deal, I never start the car with the app anyway.

Dealer confirmed my suspicion,this car has so much draw on it that Remote Features disabled is just a protective measure. I keep mine on a battery tender now and have not had an issue since.

Mine is a almost daily driver though short trips on a daily basis is just not good enough to satisfy the battery and low RPM driving does not help. I know there is no official break in period though I have been gettin on it much more and it is really running like a beast. This car does not want to be babied, good thing for me.
Has anyone measured the parasitic current draw from the battery after the car is shut down?

Spider864

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 spec 2 RTR mustang
Not to sound like a dick but this is a new car and legit Your problem is a weak battery. I hate when ppl have little understanding of how things work and cry when a minor malfunction happens on a brand new style vehicle.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Quit babying the car. Like another poster said, drive it like it needs to be. Babying a car too long is not the best option. After 500 miles it’s good to go.
As for you issue, check the battery voltage. If it’s low then put a charger on it or take it to the dealer and have them look at it. You shouldn’t be having this issue on a new car daily driven so you could have more than normal parasitic loss and if you are only making short commutes you aren’t giving it enough run time.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm not sure anyone has measured the draw when the car is off.

Ford recommends driving the car at least once every two weeks; it is around this time that Deep Sleep Mode will often engage; it should not be entering that mode more frequently than that.

If Deep Sleep Mode is coming on sooner or more often, that could be a tell to a few broad issues:

1. Weak or compromised battery in need of charging or replacement

2. Multiple short drives are not giving the car time to charge up

3. Aftermarket gadgets that don't shutdown or sleep

Edit: 4. First-year car. Could be something with the car's software

It's best not to drive the car unless it's going to operate at full operating temperatures for a good bit.

For break-in, you can read various threads from engine builders or companies that supply crate engines. I did a progressive break-in within the first 100 miles / 160 kms. While I did not immediately beat on the engine, I didn't baby it either. The engine saw consistent high revs and varying loads early on.

I did read up on OTA updates; they occur when the car is turned off.

Edit: And I can appreciate that. OTA updates involve the Body Control Module/s and possibly the Powertrain Control Module. The car cannot be running while these devices are updated. Versus Sync, which is infotainment and not the car's Operating System.

I looked for any type of OTA schedule for the S650 and did not find one. I'm curious what the draw is during these updates. From my initial reads, Ford has yet to push an OTA.

For those concerned, the short video I watched mentioned OTAs can be turned off, by disabling the automatic update feature from the screen. These updates can also be scheduled.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
reset the battery 1st., stop babying it second… go wrong that coyote out… it’s what it needs.
That's my plan this morning

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Not to sound like a dick but this is a new car and legit Your problem is a weak battery. I hate when ppl have little understanding of how things work and cry when a minor malfunction happens on a brand new style vehicle.
Powertrain malfunction is minor?

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
reset the battery 1st., stop babying it second… go wrong that coyote out… it’s what it needs.
Like what he said and actually your Mustang needs to howl and get out like crazy!! Give it a push! You’ll satisfy the werewolf of your Mustang!

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Went out to the garage this morning and the first thing I did was read the battery voltage not turned on It was sitting at 12.45v. I decided to go ahead and turn on the vehicle and lo and behold like magic no pop-up about service vehicle soon and over inch icon in the bottom right-hand corner. Going to drive the car here in a little bit hopefully this was just a fluke and not the beginning of something serious

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Went out to the garage this morning and the first thing I did was read the battery voltage not turned on It was sitting at 12.45v. I decided to go ahead and turn on the vehicle and lo and behold like magic no pop-up about service vehicle soon and over inch icon in the bottom right-hand corner. Going to drive the car here in a little bit hopefully this was just a fluke and not the beginning of something serious
12.45 is plenty of voltage. 12.7-12.8 is roughly 100% charge so your battery is roughly 80%. Our Pontiac would start fussing when the voltage got down to 12.2-12.3 even though that’s still considered good voltage.

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
12.45 is plenty of voltage. 12.7-12.8 is roughly 100% charge so your battery is roughly 80%. Our Pontiac would start fussing when the voltage got down to 12.2-12.3 even though that’s still considered good voltage.
Your 80% has piqued my curiosity. I am wondering how that is calculated. If I use 12.45/12.8 I get better than 97%.
Sponsored