• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Service soon

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
So just put a little over 200 miles on my car, took it out earlier, and when I started it up, had a warning light come on that said service do soon. Then the little wrench was lit up. We took it up to a little store 3 miles up the road, and when we got back in and started it up, the warning light was gone
Anyone else have this happen yet?
Sponsored

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Wouldn't hurt to get it checked and see if there's a stored error code. Could be a low battery voltage that corrected while you drove? I'm no mechanic, don't take my word. Check it out.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i've gotten that twice before, too. next time it happens (if it happens at all), please check what happens when you press the cruise control button

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i've gotten that twice before, too. next time it happens (if it happens at all), please check what happens when you press the cruise control button
I haven’t messed with the cruise control button. Said not to use until 1000 miles on it. Or do you mean just while I am sitting there, push the cruise control button ?

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't hurt to get it checked and see if there's a stored error code. Could be a low battery voltage that corrected while you drove? I'm no mechanic, don't take my word. Check it out.
I did text my sales guy tonight. He said hopefully it was just a 1 time thing. Said if it happens again get ahold of him and he will set me up to get it in

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had an alert last Friday for "power train malfunction" first thing in the morning. At noon it was gone, but had an alert "hill start assist not available" and the traction control turned off with no response the button. After driving a half mile those alerts disappeared.

Only the power train malfunction showed up in the Ford Pass app, the other 2 never showed up.

The dealership had the car today and said that there were no stored codes, but the battery was showing low charge.

Odd that I picked it up last week on Monday evening and drove it for 300 miles before the code came up. And the car gave me no issues over the weekend when I drove to a friend's house and back about 50 miles. Not sure why the battery would have a low charge.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had an alert last Friday for "power train malfunction" first thing in the morning. At noon it was gone, but had an alert "hill start assist not available" and the traction control turned off with no response the button. After driving a half mile those alerts disappeared.

Only the power train malfunction showed up in the Ford Pass app, the other 2 never showed up.

The dealership had the car today and said that there were no stored codes, but the battery was showing low charge.

Odd that I picked it up last week on Monday evening and drove it for 300 miles before the code came up. And the car gave me no issues over the weekend when I drove to a friend's house and back about 50 miles. Not sure why the battery would have a low charge.
Mine always shows full charge. I think this is just the first of many things going on with them. Maybe I should have bought a new 2023.

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual

The batteries they are using seem to have sat around for a while. My drive home in rush hour traffic took over an hour and a half. Because people were reporting battery problems, I put it on a charger and it took about 5 more hours before the charger was satisfied the battery was charged. The charger was set to 10 amps but most of that time the charger spent at a lower rate topping off the charge. If you have a charger, I would advise to you charge your battery as soon as possible to properly condition it.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer

Welcome to Ford : (

If you see my signature- Im a die hard Ford guy but these might likely be my last....my daughters first car is a Honda Civic

I dont want to bring you down but....
My wife's 2020 Ford Explorer is doing what your car is doing- traction control/ hill assist/ power train malfunction- and it goes through a battery a year

I think I have had it into the dealer about 10 times for this- no one can figure it out- never any stored codes.....and no one can figure out why its going through batteries so fast ...

The codes on the dash are completely random- sometimes it does it everyday for a week- sometimes it doesnt do it for a few months....

So @Ford Motor Company would be nice if someone could figure this out- hoping @JimC doesnt end up in the same place I am with my wife's Explorer

If a resolution is never found- may be switching over to Honda/ Toyota and - well not sure what Ill do when it comes time to replace my Mustang- but right now- after reading some of the issues people are having- my confidence is going away quickly.....

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine always shows full charge. I think this is just the first of many things goi g on with them. Maybe I should have bought a new 2023.
In the post above I just shared what was going on with my wife's Explorer. I was really hoping it was just limited to the wife's Explorer.

Just in case- I would make an appointment anyway so you can get on record that there was an issue and you brought it in for them to look for stored codes. Dont make the same mistake I did...document document document.

My veins bleed blue- but what I am going through with the wife's Explorer is enough that for my daughters first car I got her a Civic....... First time I ever bought a car that is not a Ford.

Sorry for the rant- just not really happy with Ford right now....praying you all dont have the same issues I have- just I would make sure everytime there is one- get it into the dealer so you have documentation....

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to Ford : (

If you see my signature- Im a die hard Ford guy but these might likely be my last....my daughters first car is a Honda Civic

I dont want to bring you down but....
My wife's 2020 Ford Explorer is doing what your car is doing- traction control/ hill assist/ power train malfunction- and it goes through a battery a year

I think I have had it into the dealer about 10 times for this- no one can figure it out- never any stored codes.....and no one can figure out why its going through batteries so fast ...

The codes on the dash are completely random- sometimes it does it everyday for a week- sometimes it doesnt do it for a few months....

So @Ford Motor Company would be nice if someone could figure this out- hoping @JimC doesnt end up in the same place I am with my wife's Explorer

If a resolution is never found- may be switching over to Honda/ Toyota and - well not sure what Ill do when it comes time to replace my Mustang- but right now- after reading some of the issues people are having- my confidence is going away quickly.....
Have you tried an interstate battery? My son is route sales manager for them. If u are y using them and it is going bad in a year, there is so much money you are to get back. They know exactly when those batteries were put in. They give you so much back every year up to so many years. He told me this years ago so not sure how many years this goes on, but those batteries are guaranteed.
She needs to get rid of her bronco before her warranty is up

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried an interstate battery? My son is route sales manager for them. If u are y using them and it is going bad in a year, there is so much money you are to get back. They know exactly when those batteries were put in. They give you so much back every year up to so many years. He told me this years ago so not sure how many years this goes on, but those batteries are guaranteed.
She needs to get rid of her bronco before her warranty is up

The biggest thing I care about is leaving the wife stranded somewhere- she teaches college/ has some late classes- not enthralled about the idea of having her go out to college parking lot at 9 at night and having her stuck because the car wont start-

Its under an extended warranty to 125K miles- but warranty doesnt cover the battery of course- but at least can prorate it as you mentioned- either way- wont be keeping it to 125K miles - but not sure what to replace it with right now- she has a love/hate thing with that car lol

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The biggest thing I care about is leaving the wife stranded somewhere- she teaches college/ has some late classes- not enthralled about the idea of having her go out to college parking lot at 9 at night and having her stuck because the car wont start-

Its under an extended warranty to 125K miles- but warranty doesnt cover the battery of course- but at least can prorate it as you mentioned- either way- wont be keeping it to 125K miles - but not sure what to replace it with right now- she has a love/hate thing with that car lol
We bought a couple of the jump boxes when they had a sale on them. He Carrie’s one in his car and one in his truck.

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I have a jeep grand cherokee we bought for me to carry all my cleaning supplies in. I really like it. Bought a used 2018, it has been really dependable.
She just needs to go looking one of these days. Was hers the first year they brought them back? If so look up and see if other people are having those problems, then check the 2021 and see if they are having those problems. If not, maybe she needs to up it to a year newer

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a jeep grand cherokee we bought for me to carry all my cleaning supplies in. I really like it. Bought a used 2018, it has been really dependable.
She just needs to go looking one of these days. Was hers the first year they brought them back? If so look up and see if other people are having those problems, then check the 2021 and see if they are having those problems. If not, maybe she needs to up it to a year newer

Thank you......Will check out the Cherokees....I could see her rocking a Jeep

Yep its a 2020 - so first year.... unfortunately it seems to happen to all year Explorers after 2020- and now is happening to the poor guy above- seems to be more of a Ford problem as multiple Fords seem to have the same issue....

But I know...lets reward them with a 40% raise : (
Sponsored