• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Service soon

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
The biggest thing I care about is leaving the wife stranded somewhere- she teaches college/ has some late classes- not enthralled about the idea of having her go out to college parking lot at 9 at night and having her stuck because the car wont start-

Its under an extended warranty to 125K miles- but warranty doesnt cover the battery of course- but at least can prorate it as you mentioned- either way- wont be keeping it to 125K miles - but not sure what to replace it with right now- she has a love/hate thing with that car lol
While Ford offers road service, I am unsure exactly what the service is. I would suggest you get AAA auto service. I have only used it twice when I blew the water jacket in the intake manifold and had an ignition switch failure but they will jumper your car or install a new battery on the spot. It doesn't cost that much and it's comforting to know you have a number that will always get you help when you need it.
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I havenā€™t messed with the cruise control button. Said not to use until 1000 miles on it. Or do you mean just while I am sitting there, push the cruise control button ?
yeah, if that wrench light comes up again, just press the cruise control button while still and see if the message "Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available" comes up

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
yeah, if that wrench light comes up again, just press the cruise control button while still and see if the message "Adaptive Cruise Control Not Available" comes up
Ok thank you

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you......Will check out the Cherokees....I could see her rocking a Jeep

Yep its a 2020 - so first year.... unfortunately it seems to happen to all year Explorers after 2020- and now is happening to the poor guy above- seems to be more of a Ford problem as multiple Fords seem to have the same issue....

But I know...lets reward them with a 40% raise : (
S650 Mustang Service soon IMG_2873

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really like this. It rides smooth and very comfortable. This one is loaded and has a moon roof. She should test drive one. Also a jeep wrangler, had one of those too. You can get the 4 door And they actually have quite a bit of room in the back, and you can also put the backseat down so you can use it for everything including mudding.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Welcome to Ford : (

If you see my signature- Im a die hard Ford guy but these might likely be my last....my daughters first car is a Honda Civic

I dont want to bring you down but....
My wife's 2020 Ford Explorer is doing what your car is doing- traction control/ hill assist/ power train malfunction- and it goes through a battery a year

I think I have had it into the dealer about 10 times for this- no one can figure it out- never any stored codes.....and no one can figure out why its going through batteries so fast ...

The codes on the dash are completely random- sometimes it does it everyday for a week- sometimes it doesnt do it for a few months....

So @Ford Motor Company would be nice if someone could figure this out- hoping @JimC doesnt end up in the same place I am with my wife's Explorer

If a resolution is never found- may be switching over to Honda/ Toyota and - well not sure what Ill do when it comes time to replace my Mustang- but right now- after reading some of the issues people are having- my confidence is going away quickly.....
The biggest thing I care about is leaving the wife stranded somewhere- she teaches college/ has some late classes- not enthralled about the idea of having her go out to college parking lot at 9 at night and having her stuck because the car wont start-

Its under an extended warranty to 125K miles- but warranty doesnt cover the battery of course- but at least can prorate it as you mentioned- either way- wont be keeping it to 125K miles - but not sure what to replace it with right now- she has a love/hate thing with that car lol
Acknowledged, not ideal but have [you] tried one of those priority start battery disconnect switches?

also not a fan of dbs.

Last edited:

Deleted member 60295

My Dark Horse did the same thing , service soon. The app it said it was the battery. I drove it a couple of miles it went off and I havenā€™t had it come up again yet ā€¦ Gen 1 650s
I thought Ford might have finally gotten past the issues of the past ā€¦ nope !!

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you......Will check out the Cherokees....I could see her rocking a Jeep

Yep its a 2020 - so first year.... unfortunately it seems to happen to all year Explorers after 2020- and now is happening to the poor guy above- seems to be more of a Ford problem as multiple Fords seem to have the same issue....

But I know...lets reward them with a 40% raise : (
Exactly and 4 days a week and get paid for 5

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Dark Horse did the same thing , service soon. The app it said it was the battery. I drove it a couple of miles it went off and I havenā€™t had it come up again yet ā€¦ Gen 1 650s
I thought Ford might have finally gotten past the issues of the past ā€¦ nope !!
I went through all my gages an everything was in the normal range

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four 10ā€™s?
In addition, the UAW has demanded an end to varying tiers of wages for factory jobs; a 32-hour week with 40 hours of pay; the restoration of traditional defined-benefit pensions for new hires who now receive only 401(k)-style retirement plans; and a return of cost-of-living pay raises, among other benefits.

Deleted member 60295

I went through all my gages an everything was in the normal range
Me too , my battery read 14.0 volts which is normal. Who knows what it couldā€™ve been , they can update these cars at about any time. Especially if itā€™s hooked up to Wi-Fi . So maybe that issue is fixed , time will tell I suppose.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
@Stratman397 that is a good looking vehicle...will take a look

@Dena - yes triple AAA is a must! have a teenage daughter driver also so feel better knowing if either one needs assistance- they have another number to call besides me

@Zig - good idea- have thought about it as well- have had several classics that I did that with as a theft prevention tool - as I would hide the switch (not that the old classics were not easy to steal using a different method - but if I was ever running into the store- would typically pop the hood and take the wire going from the distributor to the coil with me as well lol) - my biggest concern is I dont want to touch something and have the dealer blame me- that being said- maybe Ill ask the dealer next time I have it in what if they install it.......

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too , my battery read 14.0 volts which is normal. Who knows what it couldā€™ve been , they can update these cars at about any time. Especially if itā€™s hooked up to Wi-Fi . So maybe that issue is fixed , time will tell I suppose.
Sure hope I donā€™t regret buying it
Sponsored