• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Service Vehicle Soon - WTF 😒

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Powertrain malfunction is minor?
when the vehicle is operating normally, the "Powertrain Malfunction"/Wrench Light is one of the worst lights that can come on (besides "Low Oil Pressure" and both of those are minor compared to the dreaded "Stop Safely Now" message), because it means there is an engine, transmission, transfer case, or differential issue. on new vehicles, there are so many electronics and modules that a weak or low voltage battery can set a myriad of codes for low voltage, loss of communication, and more, and sometimes those codes can set a light like that
Sponsored

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
when the vehicle is operating normally, the "Powertrain Malfunction"/Wrench Light is one of the worst lights that can come on (besides "Low Oil Pressure" and both of those are minor compared to the dreaded "Stop Safely Now" message), because it means there is an engine, transmission, transfer case, or differential issue. on new vehicles, there are so many electronics and modules that a weak or low voltage battery can set a myriad of codes for low voltage, loss of communication, and more, and sometimes those codes can set a light like that
Well isn't that just great...

StangMobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang
I had the similar issue two weeks ago, took the car to dealership they said ABS system needed an update, it hasn't come back after the service.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had this same issue - and nothing was showing for any codes to explain it. Finally replaced the battery and haven't had it come back since.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I had this same issue - and nothing was showing for any codes to explain it. Finally replaced the battery and haven't had it come back since.
Did you get the battery replaced under warranty?

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Did you get the battery replaced under warranty?
Yes, it was replaced under warranty. They tested it twice and it kept saying it was fine in testing, but then I would get the service soon notice within a day or two. So the last time the dealer said they were going ahead and replacing it and would argue with Ford warranty, especially if I didn't have to come back. So they took care of arguing with Ford that the battery was bad.

JaxCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT (Performance)
I experienced an Interesting chain of events similar to those described here. Service light illuminated on Sunday for the Power Train. Went away though after a while, so paid no mind to it. On Tuesday, girlfriend drove it 3 miles down the road to the store, and when she came out, every warning light that existed was illuminated and the car wouldn't start. Did some research and about 99% of everything I found pointed to the battery. Left the car parked overnight in the parking lot. It started right up in the morning with no issues and no warning lights. Had it towed to the dealer, though, since only a month and half old.

Requested the dealer check out the battery and see if that could've possibly been the problem but no confirmation was every received from the technician. They did however, point out that Ford put out a notice that the ABS module required update (as it supposedly noted the exact issue I'd seen). After waiting for 2 days for them to get that successfully completed, picked up the car and haven't seen the issue come up again. Waiting patiently, though, until I hit the ~month old driving timeframe since that update to see if it comes back.
Sponsored