• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Service soon

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
While Ford offers road service, I am unsure exactly what the service is. I would suggest you get AAA auto service. I have only used it twice when I blew the water jacket in the intake manifold and had an ignition switch failure but they will jumper your car or install a new battery on the spot. It doesn't cost that much and it's comforting to know you have a number that will always get you help when you need it.
We used them once when we had a dodge Durango that died when it was sitting at the airport, they were no help, had no idea how to do anything and that was back in 2000. Luckily 2 airport security guards figured out the problem.

DHK4RMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse AP HP 6SPD
Have your dealership check the wiring on the right side of the engine for an area that is not fully insulated and exposed. After picking up my DH, I put on about 70 miles and had a check engine light the next morning. Went into limp mode on the way to work (i work at the dealership), shut it off and it cleared and then it happened again. Service took it in and the ford pass app gave me an electronic throttle body fault, they replaced the throttle body because of the codes and 200 miles later it happened AGAIN. I limped it back and went out of town so they had it for 3-4 days and found that exposed area of wiring was rubbing against an unused stud/bolt mount and was chafing through. They repaired the wiring and relocated the pin securing the wiring away from that spot and so far no more issues!!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Have your dealership check the wiring on the right side of the engine for an area that is not fully insulated and exposed. After picking up my DH, I put on about 70 miles and had a check engine light the next morning. Went into limp mode on the way to work (i work at the dealership), shut it off and it cleared and then it happened again. Service took it in and the ford pass app gave me an electronic throttle body fault, they replaced the throttle body because of the codes and 200 miles later it happened AGAIN. I limped it back and went out of town so they had it for 3-4 days and found that exposed area of wiring was rubbing against an unused stud/bolt mount and was chafing through. They repaired the wiring and relocated the pin securing the wiring away from that spot and so far no more issues!!
Pic of location may be helpful.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yesterday the electronics were acting all screwy again so stopped at O'Reilly to have them check the battery. It was charged up on Monday at the dealer, and I drove about 60 miles since then.

Battery charge was low once again. Alternator test showed the alternator was good.

I put it on the charger at home last night and all was fine when I drove to the office. It seems that this battery will not hold a charge.

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Should have done that. It when we got back in the car and started it, it was gone
Can you provide a pic of the wires that were repair? That would be very helpful just so we can check our cars too...

OP
OP
Stratman397

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Can you provide a pic of the wires that were repair? That would be very helpful just so we can check our cars too...
I didn’t have a picture one of the guys I think it was zig told me I should’ve got a picture or I should next time it happens again. Or maybe he’s the one that told me to push the cruise control button if it happens again. Sorry, I’m no help on that one.
Sponsored