• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Service Vehicle Soon - WTF 😒

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
Your 80% has piqued my curiosity. I am wondering how that is calculated. If I use 12.45/12.8 I get better than 97%.
Batteries only have around 2v useable (12.8 to 10.8v) below that they rapidly fall off a cliff
Sponsored

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Your 80% has piqued my curiosity. I am wondering how that is calculated. If I use 12.45/12.8 I get better than 97%.
I remember seeing a chart many years ago that had these numbers. Remember a car battery is considered dead around 10.0-10.5 volts if I’m not mistaken. The cells in the battery are roughly 2 volts or a tad more which is why you can have a 12v battery reading more than 12 volts.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Race Red Premium Performance Recar
Could it be it wants its 1st oil change?

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
I was wondering what the normal vlots should be while driving. I was looking at it when I was driving this morning and it was constantly fluctuating between 14 and 13 and when I came to a stop light it would go to 12.5 then as soon as I was driving again I would see it flicker between 14 and 13.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I was wondering what the normal vlots should be while driving. I was looking at it when I was driving this morning and it was constantly fluctuating between 14 and 13 and when I came to a stop light it would go to 12.5 then as soon as I was driving again I would see it flicker between 14 and 13.
Completely normal, 13 -14 perfect range, after awhile mine sits at 14.5 without any accessories on, heat/ac etc..

Last edited:

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone measured the parasitic current draw from the battery after the car is shut down?
Mine reads 12.4 -12.6 in the morning, CCA are strong and crank right up, good to go. Not to beat a dead horse (pun intended) though, battery tender is the way to go with this car. I know you got one @DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Mine reads 12.4 -12.6 in the morning, CCA are strong and crank right up, good to go. Not to beat a dead horse (pun intended) though, battery tender is the way to go with this car. I know you got one @DCS
Yes, I have a Tender/charger, but no car :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: .
What I was getting at was measuring the parasitic current flowing from the battery AFTER normal shutdown. I have an inductive current meter and will do the measurement once I get my car. in about 4-6 weeks.

S650 Mustang Service Vehicle Soon - WTF 😒 64015_W3

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Powertrain malfunction is minor?
It is just a generic message that probably triggers with anything like other poster said to get you in that service department.
So far, aside from panel gaps and that hole in the wheel well, most of the issues with the S650 seem to be due to week batteries, I can live with that.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yes, I have a Tender/charger, but no car :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: .
What I was getting at was measuring the parasitic current flowing from the battery AFTER normal shutdown. I have an inductive current meter and will do the measurement once I get my car. in about 4-6 weeks.
Haha, you'll be on the road real soon I know it.

You mean test each circuit determine what is pulling current? Would like to see that, to tedious a task for me. When I open the garage and see the welcome lights pulsating, it's like she's getting excited to go for a drive, so off we go. She doesn't want me lifting her hood and probing her :giggle:

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
Haha, you'll be on the road real soon I know it.

You mean test each circuit determine what is pulling current? Would like to see that, to tedious a task for me. When I open the garage and see the welcome lights pulsating, it's like she's getting excited to go for a drive, so off we go. She doesn't want me lifting her hood and probing her :giggle:
No, it’s a lot simpler. You just hook the loop around EITHER the positive or negative main lead coming from the battery! The meter works on induction.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I’m like this close to thinking about running a quick connect that can be accessed from under front. The ev tether is slowly creeping into the ice world.

OP
OP
rhstang

rhstang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT (50 Anniversary Package)
Car is still acting funny this morning I noticed the shift indicator was reset back to 4000 rpm and I got another remote features disabled messages on the fors pass app. Keep in mind this is after driving nearly 250 miles this weekend

S650 Mustang Service Vehicle Soon - WTF 😒 1000044532

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car is still acting funny this morning I noticed the shift indicator was reset back to 4000 rpm and I got another remote features disabled messages on the fors pass app. Keep in mind this is after driving nearly 250 miles this weekend

1000044532.jpg
I’d swap out the battery or put it on a one week time-out (locked and undisturbed - not even fob nor app check - and trickle charge) and then if still acting up to the dealer. Downstream codes can be set from an upstream issue - remove that potential before addressing downstream anomalies.

sometimes batteries will take but not hold a charge - so even a good trickle doesn’t always resolve.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)