• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
I'm just comparing the GT PP to the M1 in real world driving. The 24 GT PP now offers the same or more peak HP as the 2021 M1 (not including improvements in the curve), bigger brakes than the M1, and the same suspension setup.
Miniscule improvements yes because it would take a lot of effort to actually improve things. Improved suspension in a GT PP should have been there from day one so people don't need to go to aftermarket. Yeah, coolers are not needed for people who don't track, I guess.

If the improvements were massive like for example BMW M4 did, S550 people would freak out and immediately started ordering. M4 Competition F82 with 444 hp / 550 NM vs M4 Competition X-drive G82 510 hp / 650 NM with massively improved handling and traction and RWD on command... That's 15-20% increase in power/torque and supercar acceleration (3.5 sec 0-100km/h). Here it's small evolution because if the specs were the same, it would be tougher for people to shell out twice more money than 7 years ago.
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Miniscule improvements yes because it would take a lot of effort to actually improve things. Improved suspension in a GT PP should have been there from day one so people don't need to go to aftermarket. Yeah, coolers are not needed for people who don't track, I guess.
They left plenty of room in the original GT PP for ford performance to sell their aftermarket kit. I'll give the manual M1 the Tremec over the new GT PP since they reserved it for the DH

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
The 20 BHP alone won't do it and the double air intake and new throttle body will only do its small bits. Here in Europe the current Mach 1 with AT does 0-62mph in 4.4 seconds.
The S650 GT will be probably around 4.2 and the DH 4.0 seconds respectively.

As to what lap times goes on the Nürburgring, this will be the most interesting part because we will see how good the S650 will perform on long term. Don't expect massive changes.

Ford Mustang GT (2015): 8:07min
Ford Mustang Mach 1 (2021): 7:58min
Ford Mustang Shelby GT 350R (2015): 7:32min

Ford Mustang GT (2023): 7:50min (my prediction)
Ford Mustang DH (2023): 7:42min (my prediction)

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The dark horse actually reminds me more of the 350R than a M1 does. Personal preference though. I think a lot of nay sayers will be singing a different tune when these show up.

EEDE23BA-E17D-4EE8-8840-6976DA1BDE0F.jpeg

F4CF9C96-613E-4FCE-8A1F-4315D1A6C774.jpeg
Agreed,the dark horse looks like a sharper gt350. Plus it fixes one of my least favorite elements about the gt350 front end, the placement of the marker lights above the lower vents. Never looked good to me.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
The M1 only has a single piston floating rear caliper compared to the 24 GT PP with the 4 piston fixed caliper on larger discs. The 24 GT PP has slightly bigger front disks than the M1.
It doesn't matter at all, it was discussed re: GT350 brakes before, M1 has one of the shortest braking distance in tests in all cars. It brakes and brakes and brakes without fading, even on the track there's been no complaints. Unless you're serious tracker and then things can be improved in many ways. They could have put GT350 brakes on Mach 1 too but then what would they put on the new gen for marketing purposes for buyers to feel good about their purchase :)

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Agreed,the dark horse looks like a sharper gt350. Plus it fixes one of my least favorite elements about the gt350 front end, the placement of the marker lights above the lower vents. Never looked good to me.
Sharper, yes, because of all the edges and boxy look. Better looking? Not even close, IMO. Literally night and day. The GT 350 completely blows it away, especially in the front end.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Sharper, yes, because of all the edges and boxy look. Better looking? Not even close, IMO. Literally night and day. The GT 350 completely blows it away, especially in the front end.
No doubt. I remember watching Jay Leno’s Garage when he unveiled the red prototype S550. As soon as I saw it, it was just a great looking Mustang. Right out of the gate.

I’ll even throw in the S197s in there. Perfect fusion of modernism and classic styling.

The same cannot be said for the S650. Its an ok looking Mustang. It’s along the lines of the SN95s (I’ve owned a 00’ GT in the past, and the Terminator Cobra is an exception). Looks better than most cars on the roads, just lacks charisma. Nothing special about it.

The S650 DH definitely does not look better than a M1 HP/GT350(R)/GT500. Not even close.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
We all have opinions I suppose, but I think the DH looks more aggressive than the M1, and it does remind me of a sharper GT350. Call me crazy, but I like all 3 of the designs. The only design I haven't been crazy about recently on Mustangs was the 18 refresh, but it grew on me over time, plus the Mach 1 front end changed the parts I disliked.

I think the S650 looks great, and I decided to hold off and purchase the DH instead of a M1. I can be crazy and like them all though, right?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
It’s simply a coattail S550 design by default refreshed by a younger staff who incorporated more of the transformer look the current generation of graduates of automotive design have embraced. Hopefully it’ll have the performance on paper to overcome/enhance the realities of the physical design. It appears to be intended to be a disruptive design. That’s okay. Time marches on. But realistically it looks good because the S550 looked good.

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
We all have opinions I suppose, but I think the DH looks more aggressive than the M1, and it does remind me of a sharper GT350. Call me crazy, but I like all 3 of the designs. The only design I haven't been crazy about recently on Mustangs was the 18 refresh, but it grew on me over time, plus the Mach 1 front end changed the parts I disliked.

I think the S650 looks great, and I decided to hold off and purchase the DH instead of a M1. I can be crazy and like them all though, right?
The only level headed response ITT

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
It has been told numerous times that the S650 will be a " Evolution" not a " Revolution". Hence I don't understand that people are annoyed or surprised that it didn't drastically change. Why should Ford create something completely new without knowing the outcome; if the current model sells very well and just continues like that, yet with a more modern design, better technical aspects and an upgraded engine....

Never change a winning team folks.
Sponsored