• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 vs S550 0-60 real life comparison

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Here's what everyones been waiting for. Where's the guy that was calling everyone who thought s650 was faster stupid.

Crazy what happens when you put some actual tires on.
Both cars used the exact same set of rear tires, exact same day and conditions.

Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Man, I really didnt think this community was this petty about 0-60 times. Having a 0.2 second advantage either way shouldn't dictate what the better car is.

I'll leave all the boy racer shit to the honda people. Whether its 420 or 450 HP I think I will love my mustang regardless!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Here's what everyones been waiting for. Where's the guy that was calling everyone who thought s650 was faster stupid.

Crazy what happens when you put some actual tires on.
Both cars used the exact same set of rear tires, exact same day and conditions.

Finally! This is the video I have been waiting for.. love they used same tire! So yes looks like S650 is faster by a tenth or two... I didn't calculate the exact difference

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Finally! This is the video I have been waiting for.. love they used same tire! So yes looks like S650 is faster by a tenth or two... I didn't calculate the exact difference
Was a little over .2 comparing both's best runs. Personally would've preferred like a 10 run average, but thats okay, better than nothing!

The s650 still seem to be having problems handling the extra power, every run it still spun more than the s550, if that could be managed I imagine the gap would be even larger

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Was a little over .2 comparing both's best runs. Personally would've preferred like a 10 run average, but thats okay, better than nothing!

The s650 still seem to be having problems handling the extra power, every run it still spun more than the s550, if that could be managed I imagine the gap would be even larger
This is why when I had a GT with PP1 and A10 I never put a blower on it... they barely hook up on the street as is so unless your going to the track or doing freeway speed roll races... power without traction is useless

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Man, I really didnt think this community was this petty about 0-60 times. Having a 0.2 second advantage either way shouldn't dictate what the better car is.

I'll leave all the boy racer shit to the honda people. Whether its 420 or 450 HP I think I will love my mustang regardless!
I think it's more so that people want to see an improvement on a new gen at such a large price increase.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I think it's more so that people want to see an improvement on a new gen at such a large price increase.
improvements aren't always displayed by horsepower. Ford found a way to make a car with an NA V8 with ~500HP.

Some of you old guys probably know what emissions can do to vehicles since you lived through the oil crisis.

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
improvements aren't always displayed by horsepower. Ford found a way to make a car with an NA V8 with ~500HP.

Some of you old guys probably know what emissions can do to vehicles since you lived through the oil crisis.
You're right, which is why we're talking about times. Times show improvements.
Sponsored