• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
when i see the side by side comparison, and the more i look at the photos, the more I think the s550 looks a bit plain compared to the s650, yet the s650 feels more subtler (exterior wise)

admittedly the s650 exterior is growing on me, and the rear , i have gone from dislike to 50/50.........
Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Something you'll learn to tolerate, other things you'll learn to love. The headlights are not ugly, they're just very different, new, similar to what everyone else is using now. Really, the exteriour is fine. Engine is more than fine. The only thing tough to swallow will be the big display, since that's where badly executed meets worse usage. But you can learn to tolerate that, doubt this can be learned to be loved. As a whole, it's a great car. No reason to switch over from cars like Mach 1 or GT350, though. I think it depends on how much one drives, if he does daily driving, how he's really valuing the history or the future of his car. For people with 2015 with tons of miles I can see it being attractive.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
There more I see of the 2024, the more I love it. The lines are so much more refined then before. On Gen 6 the lines were always these bulge that combine multiple directions for give it some form. The Gen 7 is much cleaner, most edges are really just the sharp edges.

Look at the lower door line that visually shrinks the heigth, making the car look much sleeker. I love how they added the very small line at the rear to continue the lower door line to the end.
S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison img_20190914_134544454-

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 79a623ae6c71ee1f0da61180cf3003f0

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 2018-ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-2

1663924916897.png

This pictures easily shows how tame the Gen 6 looks in comparison. The very soft lines and high doors jus doesn't look as aggressive and sporty as Gen 7.
S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison Ford-Mustang_GT-2015-1600-3c

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison 1663924934798-
Nah...fix't lol. Those pics of yours are not at the same angle/perspective...neither are these, but look at how much more striking the S550 just became lol. I can find shots of the S550 that make it look heaps better; doesn't take much. I miss A LOT of those character lines and think we all need to see both vehicles in person to really get a feel for just how smoothed-over the S650 really is.

Last edited:

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
62 & Ace, reference the 94-04 mustangs...same interior (minor changes) but the outside went from round/smooth to angled/edgy some liked, some didnt. i had both, liked both. both had their "unique" features. same here 550 vs 650 (except interior) i think they went edgy just like in 99.
same but different. my question is why does all mfg's front ends have all that "plastic" grill covering the whole front? and all those cuts and angles....whats up with that...?
do you know how hard it is to clean this stuff???

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
62 & Ace, reference the 94-04 mustangs...same interior (minor changes) but the outside went from round/smooth to angled/edgy some liked, some didnt. i had both, liked both. both had their "unique" features. same here 550 vs 650 (except interior) i think they went edgy just like in 99.
same but different. my question is why does all mfg's front ends have all that "plastic" grill covering the whole front? and all those cuts and angles....whats up with that...?
All of that derives from styling trends; they’re either reducing visual mass or exaggerating key features.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
100% agreed; S550/S650 really is like the SN95/New Edge cars. Same thing with all the black/gray plastic; I can't stand it and all of the empty space on these cars. It's definitely all a microtrend that should reverse itself eventually. The S650 is a nice looking car, but it screams "Gen Z kid tricking out a S550 in Forza or Gran Turizmo" as far as looks go lol.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
this might be a stretch, but do you really think the Brass at ford would design a car to sell to the masses based off of a video game? im just asking cause it seems like that is the trend....
im dumb here, so i dont know anything about Forza or GT.... that would seem so....cheesy, or tacky.
IMO

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
this might be a stretch, but do you really think the Brass at ford would design a car to sell to the masses based off of a video game? im just asking cause it seems like that is the trend....
im dumb here, so i dont know anything about Forza or GT.... that would seem so....cheesy, or tacky.
IMO
Lmao, probably not. But, someone mentioned the rear of the S650 looks like the "Mustang" from GTA 5 - and holy shit that's not too far off.

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison GTA.PNG

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
IMO
It's confirmed lol. The interior is dominated by a tablet for a reason, and the operating system/graphics are run by Unreal Engine lmfao...that's the top gaming design platform and a total marketing ploy directed towards Zoomers and younger Millenials. Ford's been quoted about all of this/even admits that this was the cheesy strategy to attempt to lure younger demographics to the Mustang. Lame attempt at connecting with youth from a bunch of people who have no clue how to do it, and laughably went with the most trite and stereotypical idea possible lol.

And the GTA thing...actually, and brace yourself, but it's not what you posted...they were talking about this one below LOL....which is laughably WAY too comically similar:

S650 Mustang S650 v S550 Mustang GT front end comparison iot9razcj3j61

Last edited:

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Ford, just make a BRZ/FRS knock-off, take that ridiculous 'video game' dash out of the 'Stang, slap it into that and call it a day! .... PRETTY PLEASE?

raceheart77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
I love the Dark Horse front end. Much more angular with hard lines that makes the car look more aggressive and retro-esk. The S550 with its curvy rounded face was a big Ford mistake imo.
The hard cut lines of the rear is also a home run.
The car overall looks cleaner but more aggressive at the same time.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I think the front end is the one area where they killed it. It looks amazing all around. That and the interior. Did you know Unreal Engine developed the user interface? So awesome.