• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TheSketchMonkey - Revised front end

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I hate the wheel and tire fitment... rub city right there lol.

I do not mind the wider bar under the grille. Everything else, especially the headlights, look horrible. Even the s550 had headlights that follow the wheel well line upwards on the bottom.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Honestly, Ford's front end looks pretty good in photos, and way better in person. I just think the Ecoboost's cleaner, simpler front end looks better than the GT or DH.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Next to Zagato, Sketch is probably the most consistent designer I've seen when it comes to screwing up good looking designs with his influence. Literally everything about this thing is worse than the original.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Next to Zagato, Sketch is probably the most consistent designer I've seen when it comes to screwing up good looking designs with his influence. Literally everything about this thing is worse than the original.
Lmfao imagine the conversation

“Goddamn these infamous design artists…Ugo Zagato, Chris Bangle… fucking Sketchmonkey…”

PS I love Chris

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Let’s just go back to the “Original” that never really made it.

Tweak the Headlights to Digital and you’re done!

S650 Mustang TheSketchMonkey - Revised front end 1679063469283

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Lmfao imagine the conversation

“Goddamn these infamous design artists…Ugo Zagato, Chris Bangle… fucking Sketchmonkey…”

PS I love Chris
Just the thought is giving me anxiety, talk about the team from hell 😆. To be fair, some of Bangle's designs are ok, much better than whatever BMW designers are putting out today, but still kinda strange. The bange butt 5 series is just... well it's something.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Sketch Monkey kept referring to the S650 as a muscle car. Unless someone changed the definition of what a muscle car was during the last 40 years. Only From 1967-1973, was Mustang a muscle car because many of them were fitted with big block engines (prior to fuel injection and computers). The term pony car used to mean "sporty compact" cars that are usually fitted with a small-block V8 engine or sometimes even a V6 engine. "Muscle cars", on the other hand, are more muscular and bigger than pony cars. They usually had a big-block V8 under their hood. To me, the last true muscle car was a 6.2 L (840 HP) Dodge Challenger Hellcat. The Mustang still uses small block engines which means it a "Pony" car to me. But different people may have different opinions on what constitutes a muscle car and which one was the last one made.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
SketchMonkey's revised cars are hit or miss IMO. In this case, overall, it's a miss, but I think less black plastic on the front looks better. But I do appreciate the design approaches and information that I've learned from him.

As for the wheels - his default is to make the wheels and tires bigger, wider, then push them out so they are flush with the fender. In this case, the wheels/tires are too large in diameter, and it hurts the proportions. He should have made them smaller and just pushed them out a bit then moved them upward to make the car have a lower stance. Right now, it looks like it sits really high with those big tires.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SketchMonkey's revised cars are hit or miss IMO. In this case, overall, it's a miss, but I think less black plastic on the front looks better. But I do appreciate the design approaches and information that I've learned from him.

As for the wheels - his default is to make the wheels and tires bigger, wider, then push them out so they are flush with the fender. In this case, the wheels/tires are too large in diameter, and it hurts the proportions. He should have made them smaller and just pushed them out a bit then moved them upward to make the car have a lower stance. Right now, it looks like it sits really high with those big tires.
To me, anything over an 18-inch tire is too tall for the Mustang.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
But the aspect ratio determines the height/overall diameter of a tire. Not the wheel size...

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But the aspect ratio determines the height/overall diameter of a tire. Not the wheel size...
I was being "general" in my answer. The aspect ratio is very significant. I meant to say thin sidewall tire makes a rougher ride on bad roads and a 245R18 tire is the maximum size I use for all-season general driving. Like who would drive an S650 DK on bad roads?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I'm a huge fan of 20s on mustangs. I believe the rims in this pic are 20s, and they're my favorite s550 factory wheels based on appearance alone. But 21-24s are definitely overkill.

S650 Mustang TheSketchMonkey - Revised front end 2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue - Barrett Jackson

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a huge fan of 20s on mustangs. I believe the rims in this pic are 20s, and they're my favorite s550 factory wheels based on appearance alone. But 21-24s are definitely overkill.

2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue - Barrett Jackson.jpg
I wouldn't want to drive this car on I-81 through Western Virginia. The road would definitely knock some of the shine off those wheels.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250

2015 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue - Barrett Jackson.jpg
This is now my new favorite shot of the s550
Sponsored