• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TheSketchMonkey - Revised front end

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I like the changes to the headlamps and grille :)

Sketchmonkey.png
That looks horrible. Removing the continuation of the fangs in the upper grill is just stupid, the thiker bodycolored bar look off. The headlight shape doesn't make sense too.

Ford actually sells you a more aggressive frontbumper that pretty much did the idea of him way better
S650 Mustang TheSketchMonkey - Revised front end 1678978195425

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
That looks horrible. Removing the continuation of the fangs in the upper grill is just stupid, the thiker bodycolored bar look off. The headlight shape doesn't make sense too.

Ford actually sells you a more aggressive frontbumper that pretty much did the idea of him way better
1678978195425.png
Agreed, I think that the headlights and thicker bumper look disproportionate. Imo, his renderings have gone down hill, especially with the mustangs. No offense to anyone in this forum, but I think he is too stuck in the past too much. His rendering of the rear was just a carbon copy of the s550.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Agreed, I think that the headlights and thicker bumper look disproportionate. Imo, his renderings have gone down hill, especially with the mustangs. No offense to anyone in this forum, but I think he is too stuck in the past too much. His rendering of the rear was just a carbon copy of the s550.
He's obsessed with late-00s/early-10s design philosophy that was built around the basic concepts of line flow and traditional proportions. Every time he tweaks a car, he looks at elements in isolation and his changes would never work on a 3D scale, or they disregard manufacturing limitations.

And whenever he does a before/after of his "suggested tweaks or improvements" it involves his after renderings having been dropped with the wheels pushed out.

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
his interior commentary is spot on, would love to see his take on it..

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
Looks worse to me. The only part I like is the smaller black strip on the bottom of the upper grille...

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Wow! He fixed the front end. The S650 has similar front end to the Honda CRV/Accord, but this fixes the issue. It looks a bit more like the S550, which is the better design.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Wow! He fixed the front end. The S650 has similar front end to the Honda CRV/Accord, but this fixes the issue. It looks a bit more like the S550, which is the better design.
Everyone can have an opinion even if it’s invalid 🙌🙌

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Terrible

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
You must be related to Sketch Monkey...or you need thicker glasses LOL.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
No offense to anyone in this forum, but I think he is too stuck in the past too much. His rendering of the rear was just a carbon copy of the s550.
my biggest gripe with him is that he completely leaves of things like practicality, airflow, downforce, etc. Concept Art of cars alwalys look a bit more impressive, since they focus just on the design. once the engineers are done, the final car might look a bit more boring, but we all want cars that are more than just a good design. People usally hate the sketch-like low windows of the Camaro, even if it's looking cool
Sponsored