• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I really wish they could've thought of a different hood vent on the S650. It looks generic to me. I'm not a huge fan of just cutting out a section and sticking a vent there, but I get that it's probably more cost effective than designing a different hood for the GT where the vent is more well integrated.
I feel the same. It looks like it has been just sticked there as if they have forgotten it at first place. I like the way they solved it with the current model. It is neatly integrated and it doesn't look stand out that much.
Sponsored

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Now let's see a GT350 or Mach 1 next to a goofy-looking Dark Horse. That's a better comparison.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
The dark horse actually reminds me more of the 350R than a M1 does. Personal preference though. I think a lot of nay sayers will be singing a different tune when these show up.

Now let's see a GT350 or Mach 1 next to a goofy-looking Dark Horse. That's a better comparison.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread EEDE23BA-E17D-4EE8-8840-6976DA1BDE0F

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread F4CF9C96-613E-4FCE-8A1F-4315D1A6C774

Last edited:

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
The dark horse actually reminds me more of the 350R than a M1 does. Personal preference though. I think a lot of nay sayers will be singing a different tune when these show up.

EEDE23BA-E17D-4EE8-8840-6976DA1BDE0F.jpeg

F4CF9C96-613E-4FCE-8A1F-4315D1A6C774.jpeg
Instead of letting the Mustang be a Mustang, I think Ford kept some design lines of the S550, added 6th gen Camaro design lines (to attract Camaro buyers), and tried to give it a muscle car look for the Challenger/Chargers buyers. I even see cues of the Supra MKIV. It's a Frankenstein Mustang. It's no GT350/Mach 1 HP in terms of looks that's for sure.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Instead of letting the Mustang be a Mustang, I think Ford kept some design lines of the S550, added 6th gen Camaro design lines (to attract Camaro buyers), and tried to give it a muscle car look for the Challenger/Chargers buyers. I even see cues of the Supra MKIV. It's a Frankenstein Mustang. It's no GT350/Mach 1 HP in terms of looks that's for sure.
The M1 was the best they could do with that horrific 18+ refresh look, but the DH is easily the better looking of the two. The M1 is comparable to the new GT PP in terms of performance anyways

Last edited:

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Here we go again with the Camaro comparisons :D

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Instead of letting the Mustang be a Mustang, I think Ford kept some design lines of the S550, added 6th gen Camaro design lines (to attract Camaro buyers), and tried to give it a muscle car look for the Challenger/Chargers buyers. I even see cues of the Supra MKIV. It's a Frankenstein Mustang.
These designs start early on as big picture concepts and get refined over several years. Any patterns being drawn or similarities found are purely coincidental, but that’s really just conspiracy-level talk. It’s a homogenous design that restyles the S550 chassis at the end of the day

It's no GT350/Mach 1 HP in terms of looks that's for sure.
I think it matches the Mach 1 in terms of being a mildly more unique GT but I’m sure they’ll make something more bespoke down the road than the DH. Something with more than just a front bumper, accessories, and a little vinyl

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
These designs start early on as big picture concepts and get refined over several years. Any patterns being drawn or similarities found are purely coincidental, but that’s really just conspiracy-level talk. It’s a homogenous design that restyles the S550 chassis at the end of the day

I think it matches the Mach 1 in terms of being a mildly more unique GT but I’m sure they’ll make something more bespoke down the road than the DH. Something with more than just a front bumper, accessories, and a little vinyl
In terms of looks, it's inferior to the GTxxx/Mach 1 HP. It's just fresher, since it was unveiled a couple months ago. In a few more months, it's gonna show more wrinkles than Sean Penn. The front end is a Catfish grin, basically.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
In terms of looks, it's inferior to the GTxxx/Mach 1 HP. It's just fresher, since it was unveiled a couple months ago. In a few more months, it's gonna show more wrinkles than Sean Penn. The front end is a Catfish grin, basically.
Eh, agree to disagree

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Not gonna happen. You can’t monetize a has been no matter how good it is/was.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Not gonna happen. You can’t monetize a has been no matter how good it is/was.
I am going to compare the Mustang II to the ecoboost etc.
It only works when the car is from the previous gen and the new generation us at the start. That helps people establish a view on the progress (good or bad) and see that not every generation is bad just because it is new.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
The M1 is comparable to the new GT PP in terms of performance anyways
Yeah, right, because of 20 hp more? Performance in straight line will be very similar, type of transmission being the biggest factor. It's not like 0.1 sec diff in acceleration is meaningful on normal road.
Now are you saying that S650 GT PP has performance and endurance of Mach 1 on the track? Not at all. If Mach 1 can keep up with GT350(R), few more HP won't make a difference and we will see that in lap times. I doubt suddenly S650 will put lot more rwhp to the ground. But we will see when times show up.

Unless you're racing, these cars have enough power, way too much for legal limits, bragging rights notwithstanding. It's more about looks and sounds than anything else now.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Yeah, right, because of 20 hp more? Performance in straight line will be very similar, type of transmission being the biggest factor. It's not like 0.1 sec diff in acceleration is meaningful on normal road.
Now are you saying that S650 GT PP has performance and endurance of Mach 1 on the track? Not at all. If Mach 1 can keep up with GT350(R), few more HP won't make a difference and we will see that in lap times. I doubt suddenly S650 will put lot more rwhp to the ground. But we will see when times show up.

Unless you're racing, these cars have enough power, way too much for legal limits, bragging rights notwithstanding. It's more about looks and sounds than anything else now.
been preaching about how unimportant 20 ponies really are but the way people got all pissy about the 500 number is hilarious to me

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread 1672249133367

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

I'm just comparing the GT PP to the M1 in real world driving. The 24 GT PP now offers the same or more peak HP as the 2021 M1 (not including improvements in the curve), bigger brakes than the M1, and the same suspension setup.

The DH offers more than both in terms of performance, not the least of which are the internals from the GT500. You can bet there will be factory warrantied options for an FI DH pushing 700+ HP

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
The 24 GT PP now offers ... bigger brakes than the M1, and the same suspension setup.
pretty sure there is no evidence in support of #1 and when the GT/PP is equipped with Magneride it will unfortunately probably NOT have the M1/GT350R dampers, but rather the old GT350/EB/GT version.
Sponsored

Last edited: