• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It doesn't matter at all, it was discussed re: GT350 brakes before, M1 has one of the shortest braking distance in tests in all cars. It brakes and brakes and brakes without fading, even on the track there's been no complaints. Unless you're serious tracker and then things can be improved in many ways. They could have put GT350 brakes on Mach 1 too but then what would they put on the new gen for marketing purposes for buyers to feel good about their purchase :)
This may be true, but my original point stands. The new GT PP is now comparable to a refreshed M1.

It has been told numerous times that the S650 will be a " Evolution" not a " Revolution". Hence I don't understand that people are annoyed or surprised that it didn't drastically change. Why should Ford create something completely new without knowing the outcome; if the current model sells very well and just continues like that, yet with a more modern design, better technical aspects and an upgraded engine....

Never change a winning team folks.
The most vocal detractors are people not even in the market. Everyone else seems happy with the improvements. First, nobody was expecting them to update the 5.0 to a dual intake design, and even after that 486hp was a surprise. If it's not one thing they will come up with something else. At the end of the day, every aspect of the car is improved (however marginally) over the previous model
Sponsored

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
This may be true, but my original point stands. The new GT PP is now comparable to a refreshed M1.

The most vocal detractors are people not even in the market. Everyone else seems happy with the improvements. First, nobody was expecting them to update the 5.0 to a dual intake design, and even after that 486hp was a surprise. If it's not one thing they will come up with something else. At the end of the day, every aspect of the car is improved (however marginally) over the previous model
I mean I also wished a few things to be improved

- powered Recaro seats
- electronic break with auto hold
- AWD as option
- Less weight

But we can't have everything and Ford withold those things maybe for future facelift models and Gen 8.

In a nutshell I am happy with the S650 and would give it a solid B+.

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
Iā€™d be happy with the Recaroā€™s from the GT500, with heat.

I mean I also wished a few things to be improved

- powered Recaro seats
- electronic break with auto hold
- AWD as option
- Less weight

But we can't have everything and Ford withold those things maybe for future facelift models and Gen 8.

In a nutshell I am happy with the S650 and would give it a solid B+.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
We all have opinions I suppose, but I think the DH looks more aggressive than the M1, and it does remind me of a sharper GT350. Call me crazy, but I like all 3 of the designs. The only design I haven't been crazy about recently on Mustangs was the 18 refresh, but it grew on me over time, plus the Mach 1 front end changed the parts I disliked.

I think the S650 looks great, and I decided to hold off and purchase the DH instead of a M1. I can be crazy and like them all though, right?
Exactly, don't even understand why some people have to tear down the s650 to feel good about the s550. They're both good designs in different ways. The s650 just feels like a more developed and muscular take on the same design theme.

We do this whole song and dance every single time. New car comes out, people bash it and call it ugly and it grows on them. I guarantee 95% of the people on these forums who are basically calling the s550 the best looking mustang ever were the exact same people hating on it in 2013.

Case in point, Matt Maran. He talked about how the 2015 mustang was a styling letdown relative to the 13-14s, then he bought like 4 of them. Now he bashes the s650. The cycle just keeps going around and around, so predictable I wish I could bet money on it.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
Exactly, don't even understand why some people have to tear down the s650 to feel good about the s550. They're both good designs in different ways. The s650 just feels like a more developed and muscular take on the same design theme.

We do this whole song and dance every single time. New car comes out, people bash it and call it ugly and it grows on them. I guarantee 95% of the people on these forums who are basically calling the s550 the best looking mustang ever were the exact same people hating on it in 2013.

Case in point, Matt Maran. He talked about how the 2015 mustang was a styling letdown relative to the 13-14s, then he bought like 4 of them. Now he bashes the s650. The cycle just keeps going around and around, so predictable I wish I could bet money on it.
Itā€™s still a coattail design on the S550. Iā€™d bet Maran is just gaslighting to get more clicks / views and then will be back with a glowing report about how wrong he was, and will buy two with the monetized content he does and the circle continues. so predictable. Just like @DeluxeStang said. Like heā€™s supposed to just get off that $ gravy train šŸ˜‚ā€¦..If you like the S650 get one. Who really cares if itā€™s nicer than the S550 or what others think. The only one whose opinion matters is the one buying it.

Last edited:

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Tearing down the s650 to feel good about the s550 is not the case for the majorty IMO. For me, I will be buying a 'new' car in '25 or '26 and, at this point, it will not be Mustang because the s650 is 'less' developed and unconsidered next to the s550. It just does not appeal to my eyes inside and out. Maybe Ford will refresh it for the better, but I an not holding my breath, because this is simply a placemat for the EV 'stang.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Itā€™s Groundhog Day in here.
I'm just impatiently waiting on someone with a Ford Fleet login to go check the dates again, maybe the US site this time. Blue oval forums no longer has anyone with access.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Oh Iā€™m not concerned about that. We will know when we know. I was referring to logging in and seeing nothing but the same complaints each day.
I'm just impatiently waiting on someone with a Ford Fleet login to go check the dates again, maybe the US site this time. Blue oval forums no longer has anyone with access.

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Oh Iā€™m not concerned about that. We will know when we know. I was referring to logging in and seeing nothing but the same complaints each day.
Haha right, im just making conversation to make the time go by. Im impatient haha.

GT 500 760

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 ........Past Shelbyā€™s 2019 GT350R, 2009 GT500 KR, 1970 GT500 ,1969 GT350 ,1966 GT350.
2022 mach 1. Dark.matter gray.
I prefer the mach 1

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread 88F6CB4A-8CF3-4A34-BBC3-94298B44CCF3

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang vs S550 Mustang side-by-side comparison pics thread 4C3D1B35-2BFF-4C43-BBDE-D9CCCEDD55AA

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
In fairnessā€¦itā€™s a base M1 and a handling pack DH
There is no such thing as a base Mach 1. Itā€™s either a Mach 1 PP or Mach 1 HP.
Sponsored