• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Everyone should just be careful what they post, especially if you are jeopardizing someone’s position. Regardless, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were strategic leaks by the company itself for the Mustang’s birthday. They might not have enough to show right now and if somebody does say something soon, the vehicle segment might die. 🤣

Ford will label this “Modern Retro” or “Classic Modern” and the design is strong enough to get another 8 years out of. Ford is taking the Mustang semi-retro in order to go full Sports Car for Gen 8… closer to the grey GTE Prototype I shared. Brand new platform, brand new design and possibly a 289-ish sized V8. The 5.0 might get smaller next Gen…
I hope they have more Concepts in mind than "The Grey"!

I think most non-Mustang people will associate it with the Camaro or something else.
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1650207490990

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1650200767798

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
S197 Portions and Design Cues on a S550 Wheelbase and Track with some New Edge inspiration from the ‘99-2000 Cobra R.

Ford is about to change the rules again, don’t be like one of the guys from 2013 that said the S550 was an Accord and a Fushion. 🤣🤣🤣

Nobody here can discuss “Design philosophy” only seeing a headshot of the fascia. 🙄 It is embarrassing to watch these people wiggle once they are forced to like it once they see it. 🤢🤮
When you say Cobra, I'm thinking more of this:
S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 1650207085666

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
This is very good and bad for me. I kinda like the lower fascia, but the grill opening with what seems to be a bezel looks terrible in my view. Will have to see the whole car, but for me I will not plan on selling my 2015 which I still love to get this.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This is very good and bad for me. I kinda like the lower fascia, but the grill opening with what seems to be a bezel looks terrible in my view. Will have to see the whole car, but for me I will not plan on selling my 2015 which I still love to get this.
This is the part that’s been killing me.

If there’s one single aspect that Ford nailed for the S550 in every one of its iterations, it’s the way they designed the central grille openings—the sizing, sculpting, angularity, and depth.

It’s actually worrying me to see these weird bezeled inserts. Not only is there a completely lack of structure to the oddly thin body work that frames all of the intake elements, that insert-look reduces all of that cool looking depth that the S550 models had.

It feels like a weird move that’s bridging the gap to newer EV faux-grille designs that tend to use shallow graphic elements instead.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I admit my initial reaction to the GT was "Ugh, too much grill." Maybe it's due to the lack of new news, but after seeing others point out the design strengths and weaknesses it's starting to grow on me. Even if it's a Photoshop (according to Jem) I can see where the design language is going for the GT and it definitely seems like it will be more distinct from the EcoBoost from hereon out.

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
I agree that, if the real car looks like the leaked photo and there is a non-body color bezel in the grill (most likely dark grey or black), it is going to look HORRIBLE. The bezel is going to make it look like a gigantic grill opening. The Mustang will be inflicted with the same ridiculous giant, black maw grill like so many cars that exist today. It is the worst styling trend of the last 10 years. Looking at the leaked photo, almost the entire front of the car is blacked out. The rest of the car may look awesome, but if the front is ugly, the car isn't good looking. The front is too important. See all of the Lexus models. They make some nice looking cars EXCEPT the front of all their cars has been slapped with an ugly stick in the form of their gargantuan anvil grills. A car with an ugly front is an ugly car.

It is truly sad given the S550 is one of the few remaining really nice looking cars available. I am not optimistic, but hopefully the real car won't look like the leaked photo, or maybe Ford will change direction. Camaro moved away from the gigantic blacked out look of the 2019 Camaro SS when customers hated it.

Otherwise, we will see lots of dislike when real photos come out and then the inevitable "it is growing on me" as people delude themselves into liking it because they can't bear to dislike a new Mustang design (and of course the "it looks better in real life than photos" comment that always happen when a manufacturer releases an ugly car that people want to like).
Sponsored