• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
It looks like I will keep my 07 Pony Package red vert for another five years.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 2007 Mustang (2)

Jem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
That is the most atrocious thing I have ever seen! It is beyond disproportionate. It is simply Godawful! I personally don't think it is accurate at all. This looks like a real bad photoshop. If it is real Camaro, Corvette and Charger sales are bound to pick up!
Yes. Its not accurate.

I stand by what I said that this is a photoshop.

There are elements that are very accurate, but the grille is out of whack which throws the whole look off.

Its much better in the metal.

Im pretty sure of it 🙂

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
I say.....the front design has some influence of the 2017 Lincoln. Similar design language.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 Ford_authority_picture

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang GT Full Frontal Leak!! 📸 2017_continetal

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Yes. Its not accurate.

There are elements that are very accurate, but the grille is out of whack which throws the whole look off.

Im pretty sure of it 🙂
Again, I say this is a computerized render of the vehicle that will be used on the start-up display screen. Like Jem says elements are accurate but it's out of whack because it's an image of a moving rendered animation on a display screen. Look up the Cadillac Escalade start up animation, or I believe the new F150 Lightening has one as well. This is essentially what we're looking at so don't get worked over this image.

Edit: If you focus on the overall design scheme I think this thing will be bad ass.

Edit #2: Another example is the C8 Stingray Start-up Animation but imagine trying to get a quality view of the front of a rendered animation as it moves across the screen.

Last edited:

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
I'm just gonna go ahead and say it.

To me, this looks like another "Mustang II Era"

I understand some people like it, but it's dog ugly to me. I can't see tying it into the rest of the car making it any better. I'll happily keep my 17
Very ugly indeed.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I been seeing your guarantees for over 7 years. It's been funny. It's guaranteed to be the opposite.
Didn’t 95% of the things thePill said come true? Don’t ask me why we didn’t get a 2017 GT500 but other than that, this was 100% correct.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Yes. Its not accurate.

Im pretty sure of it 🙂
These people act like Ford isn’t headed to GT3… 🤣 It looks more like a Mustang than the 2015-2023 does only because of the S197. I am eager for shorter front and rear overhangs and feel that the Euro styling is starting to push it. Let’s get back to the Muscle because Americans are still interested in Muscle.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Everyone should just be careful what they post, especially if you are jeopardizing someone’s position. Regardless, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were strategic leaks by the company itself for the Mustang’s birthday. They might not have enough to show right now and if somebody does say something soon, the vehicle segment might die. 🤣

Ford will label this “Modern Retro” or “Classic Modern” and the design is strong enough to get another 8 years out of. Ford is taking the Mustang semi-retro in order to go full Sports Car for Gen 8… closer to the grey GTE Prototype I shared. Brand new platform, brand new design and possibly a 289-ish sized V8. The 5.0 might get smaller next Gen…

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I agree with you. I too have a 2015 GT and I still get compliments. One person and his young son recently commented that they liked my car over the new Mustangs on the lot! I realize it is indeed early, but from what I have seen so far of the S650 (interior and exterior) I am not excited. I think the 21-22 Mach1 corrected the 18 refreshed front end for me. Again, only my opinions...
The Mach 1 tried to take from the GT350 and mesh it with what the refresh started...absolutely an inprovement over the refresh. But considering that the GT500 and now S650 are clearly based off of the original S550 design, Ford has basically admitted that they prefer the original vision to the refresh and are/have gone back to it as a reference point. GT500 having an aggro S550 grill and the same headlights and not a thing from the refresh says a lot to me in particular.

My car is going to be hard to get rid of...I get crap about it daily like you would not believe. I teach high school and live in a big college town...it's become legendary and even has a lure to it over people arguing if it's blue or purple, lmfao. I get random comments in parking lots, drive throughs, at work and from kids, jokes from friends and questions from strangers, it literally became a part of me and who I am without me trying for any of that. It's a literal Elenor/Bullet type of association that people have attached to me and it's freaking hilarious.

The S650 is going to look good in person but probably a bit too modern and over the top for me; but the cues and all found within the styling of the first gen S550 really are just so perfectly likeable to me just in terms of what I like and what I find attractive. I don't prefer a single special edition or any other S550 variant since to be honest.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Everyone should just be careful what they post, especially if you are jeopardizing someone’s position. Regardless, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were strategic leaks by the company itself for the Mustang’s birthday. They might not have enough to show right now and if somebody does say something soon, the vehicle segment might die. 🤣

Ford will label this “Modern Retro” or “Classic Modern” and the design is strong enough to get another 8 years out of. Ford is taking the Mustang semi-retro in order to go full Sports Car for Gen 8… closer to the grey GTE Prototype I shared. Brand new platform, brand new design and possibly a 289-ish sized V8. The 5.0 might get smaller next Gen…
I really liked how you mentioned ford doing something for official mustang day this Sunday. Especially with these recent leaks, there's no reason they shouldn't at least give us a teaser or something.

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
The Mach 1 tried to take from the GT350 and mesh it with what the refresh started...absolutely an inprovement over the refresh. But considering that the GT500 and now S650 are clearly based off of the original S550 design, Ford has basically admitted that they prefer the original vision to the refresh and are/have gone back to it as a reference point. GT500 having an aggro S550 grill and the same headlights and not a thing from the refresh says a lot to me in particular.

My car is going to be hard to get rid of...I get crap about it daily like you would not believe. I teach high school and live in a big college town...it's become legendary and even has a lure to it over people arguing if it's blue or purple, lmfao. I get random comments in parking lots, drive throughs, at work and from kids, jokes from friends and questions from strangers, it literally became a part of me and who I am without me trying for any of that. It's a literal Elenor/Bullet type of association that people have attached to me and it's freaking hilarious.

The S650 is going to look good in person but probably a bit too modern and over the top for me; but the cues and all found within the styling of the first gen S550 really are just so perfectly likeable to me just in terms of what I like and what I find attractive. I don't prefer a single special edition or any other S550 variant since to be honest.
What?! I’m so confused.