• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I don't know, the quotes are way too detailled for officiall statements regarding a new Mustang. They usally don't talk about future cars as long as there isn't anything revealed officially.

OP
OP
Friend of Dorothy

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT
I don't know, the quotes are way too detailled for officiall statements regarding a new Mustang. They usally don't talk about future cars as long as there isn't anything revealed officially.
There was more future Ford news released in Australia during a media preview, so maybe the Mustang news came out then. Here it is, (more good news for Ranger and Ford Australia‘s engineering operation, the leader of the Ranger program)
https://www.drive.com.au/news/fords-australian-engineering-headquarters-secure-into-the-2030s/

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Looks genuine, but I have to admit, I just skimmed though the article. There might be a gotcha sentence or two in there that I didn't see. It is odd to see an executive being so forthcoming with info, but not terrible unexpected as we near the reveal of the s650. I'd expect ford employees to start discussing the car more frequently, and some sort of official teaser campaign to start relatively soon, it arguably already has with the gt4 announcement we got a while ago.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for sharing, Chris!

Certainly interesting , and unusual, to hear info coming directly from a senior Ford employee, at least this far out, but I'll take it!

Some pretty vague information though. We expect an hybrid for S650 and, in certain markets (Euro in particular) the ONLY way they'll sell a V8 is with electric assist. In the UK, that would be 2030. Could that be an auto-only? Quite possibly, especially if it uses a similar system to that found in the Explorer/Aviator. An EV Mustang would have to be S750/8th Gen though and that not having a gearbox at all, like the vast majority of EVs is almost a given. So I think he muddied the waters (probably deliberately) by talking about tech coming for the 8th gen as well as 7th gen.

That being said, Ford Europe had to homologate a revised exhaust for the current '22MY GT manuals, as it wouldn't pass the forthcoming EU noise regs due later this year. Certainly in the UK, manual sales were halted for a month or so, but the homologation seemed to get passed quickly. But that's not to say there won't be a similar hurdle in the near future, although you'd expect S650 to be designed to pass forthcoming regulations.

But, details aside, I'm just glad to hear S650 chatter from Ford!

Now, about that release date.......

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Nothing until next year! Time to shut this site down until then. No manual will be crazy.

So far, I don't like the renderings.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It was an interesting term he used......"launched" next year. Considering he then went on to say press drives would happen soon afterwards that, to me, refers to "launch" as being "Job 1 start of production". And he could have been referring to Australia in particular, so a US "launch" could be sooner.

To me, this still means it could be revealed this year, either at a show or online.

He was vague enough not to give anything away :)

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
It was an interesting term he used......"launched" next year. Considering he then went on to say press drives would happen soon afterwards that, to me, refers to "launch" as being "Job 1 start of production". And he could have been referring to Australia in particular, so a US "launch" could be sooner.

To me, this still means it could be revealed this year, either at a show or online.

He was vague enough not to give anything away :)
It was not vague. It literally says "a reveal" next year.

"Ford’s top brass has stated that it will be revealed next year, quickly followed by media drives and customer deliveries."

Where is the ordering part?

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK, to be specific, Wheels magazine wrote:
" While a 2023 launch has been speculated, Ford’s top brass has now confirmed the all-new Mustang will be revealed next year and that media drives and customer deliveries will follow in quick succession."

But they quoted Ford’s vehicle director for icons and Ford Performance, Ali Jammoul as saying:
“The next generation that we’re working on now will be launching next year, in 2023, and it’s going to be great,” he said. “So it’s launching next year and there will be events, so you [the media] will get to drive it.”

Semantics, maybe, but I very much doubt they'll keep S650 hidden until just before the press can drive it. Ford usually reveals a car 6 months before it's launched.

But, I've been wrong many times before :crackup:

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
OK, to be specific, Wheels magazine wrote:
" While a 2023 launch has been speculated, Ford’s top brass has now confirmed the all-new Mustang will be revealed next year and that media drives and customer deliveries will follow in quick succession."

But they quoted Ford’s vehicle director for icons and Ford Performance, Ali Jammoul as saying:
“The next generation that we’re working on now will be launching next year, in 2023, and it’s going to be great,” he said. “So it’s launching next year and there will be events, so you [the media] will get to drive it.”

Semantics, maybe, but I very much doubt they'll keep S650 hidden until just before the press can drive it. Ford usually reveals a car 6 months before it's launched.

But, I've been wrong many times before :crackup:
OH, gotcha. They may have misspoke on saying "reveal".

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
The articles refer to the australian one, which has alreadey been discussed.
https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/ne...ng-v8-confirmed-for-australia-manual-in-doubt

After reading it for the third time it still contains zero information regarding the engines. It can be interpreted both ways... He's not saying there will be a hybrid V8 neither is he denying it...

“What we need to do, though, is make the V8 more environmentally friendly and you need to make sure it’s regulatory compliant. And that’s absolutely something we have worked on and will certainly have in the next generation Mustang.
"I don’t think the V8 is going away soon; at some point with electrification and with BEV [battery electric vehicles] you can do a lot more in terms of performance and that might be the time that V8s start to phase out. But I see Mustang continuing to carry the V8 for now.”

Sounds like a hybrid V8 for the S650 but could also be a hybrid V6 and a NA V8...

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've merged the most recent comments into the appropriate thread.

I agree, the second linked article is repeating old assumptions, namely that S650 will utilise CD6........it might use some CD6 components, but it's expected to be a heavy refresh of the existing D2C platform.

With regards '23MY or '24MY, again, the latest intel is it will be a '24MY with production starting in March 2023.

What that means for the '23MY is another unanswered question!

:)
Sponsored