• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

7G S650 GT350 ?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350, Subaru Forester, 1971 Chevelle
Lol...still funny how a 7 Gen thread turns into the same $hit $how usually with the Mach group and occasional Green car owner displaying vast knowledge of the 6 gen 350 and how superior their 2 cars are. Flattering to see so much interest in a 6 + year car design.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Lol...still funny how a 7 Gen thread turns into the same $hit $how usually with the Mach group and occasional Green car owner displaying vast knowledge of the 6 gen 350 and how superior their 2 cars are. Flattering to see so much interest in a 6 + year car design.
Judging from your profile picture, I can see you have no bias hah.

As a Mach owner, I always found it far more frustrating how my car was waived off as ā€˜just a GTā€™ when the performance difference between it and a GT350 is pretty minimal. I say that as someone who would have purchased a GT350 if it had made more financial sense (used market was and is insane). I do hope the S650 leaves us with something as good as a 350 that we all have a chance to get if we want.

silver beauty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I think it's extremely likely that the 5.4 will indeed be used as the basis for s650 "Shelby" models. That engine pumps out over 600 hp, which would be a considerable improvement over the dark horse and gt350. I believe that engine is also coyote based, so fingers crossed, it's reliable, unlike the voodoo.
I would gladly give up some of this fabulous horse power for better looks of the body style! I just cannot convince myself to like the way it looks, sorry.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I would gladly give up some of this fabulous horse power for better looks of the body style! I just cannot convince myself to like the way it looks, sorry.
To each their own, I love the s550, have since day 1. But the s650 improved on it in some ways. I never viewed the s550 front end as weak or too soft until I saw the s650. I've yet to see it in person, but virtually everyone who has walks away impressed. It's s550 all over again, disliked when seen in vids or pics, but loved when seen in a 3D format. You really can't pass judgement on a car until you see the physical car. Surfacing is a huge element of modern car design, it's what makes cars look so good. But it usually doesn't translate well to a 2D format. The body side of the s650 looks kinda flat in pics, but looks very sharp in person according to several people.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
The way I see it, the s550/s650 are ying and yang. Good looking cars that look great in their own ways. I just personally believe the s650 took what the s550 introduced, cleaned it up, and made it more muscular/exotic looking.

S650 Mustang 7G S650 GT350 ? Shadow Black Dark Horse Mustang S650 1

S650 Mustang 7G S650 GT350 ? Shadow Black Mustang Dark Horse rear

S650 Mustang 7G S650 GT350 ? Clays_&_IO_Exterior_10-22-2021_2.3ECO side

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Judging from your profile picture, I can see you have no bias hah.

As a Mach owner, I always found it far more frustrating how my car was waived off as ā€˜just a GTā€™ when the performance difference between it and a GT350 is pretty minimal. I say that as someone who would have purchased a GT350 if it had made more financial sense (used market was and is insane). I do hope the S650 leaves us with something as good as a 350 that we all have a chance to get if we want.
So you are saying that in a thread about the next GT350, current GT350 owners are biased and shouldn't post in here? But Mach 1 owners who are disgruntled definitely should come in here and poop on the GT350?

Sounds about right.

The way I see it, the s550/s650 are ying and yang. Good looking cars that look great in their own ways. I just personally believe the s650 took what the s550 introduced, cleaned it up, and made it more muscular/exotic looking.
I think the S650 is an improvement. I never loved any of the S550s. At least not the front view. From the rear and side they look really good. The old GT350 is definitely the best looking S550, but the Mach looks very similar to it. Just without the cool vents and such.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer

On the topic of a gt350, I remembered this sound clip. It's from the s650 race car that was revealed of course. But that could slightly hint at what a new gt350 would sound like, as it could be the same engine. Not exactly, but in that ballpark. If so, I'm all for it.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So you are saying that in a thread about the next GT350, current GT350 owners are biased and shouldn't post in here? But Mach 1 owners who are disgruntled definitely should come in here and poop on the GT350?

Sounds about right.
Maybe like re read my comment, because you seem to have a chip on your shoulder and are taking it out on me

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
All the hate for the vodoo in here... I'll just say this ... there are still low mileage gt350R selling for 6 figures.. no other s550 outside a gt500 doing that... the gen 2 voodoo has proven itself reliable.

I dig Mach 1s.. I dig GTs .. I like the s650 ...I thing the angles are Lamborghishini ... although not fond of the interior ... and I have seen multiple s650 in person .. I had a PP1 GT a10 car .. love the coyote but the coyote doesn't sound like this

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Maybe like re read my comment, because you seem to have a chip on your shoulder and are taking it out on me
It can be tough to tell if someone is using sarcasm or not when reading. I was responding to you saying a GT350 owner was biased and you are annoyed that the Mach doesn't get more respect. Maybe that was meant in sarcasm and you don't really mean either of those things. If so, I apologize.

Anyway - back on topic - which is GT350. I really hope Ford does another GT350 because I think the last GT350 was amazing. I'd love to see Ford try to top it. Just the brakes alone are so awesome compared to the best brakes they put on PP1 and other "high performance" GTs. Even for street driving those brakes are amazing. There were so many things on the GT350 that made it the greatest experience to drive - even slow driving in traffic was entertaining in that car.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
Well, if it sounds anything like that 5.4L video above...*chef's kiss*...

With confidence, I'm going to say the DH will out perform the M1 HP...which already performed at a high level. With the CF wheels equipped, I can see it surprising quite a lot of high dollar machines. Where does Ford go from here, though?

The DH already has great brakes, suspension, CF wheels (if optioned) and cooling. Yes, incrementally, they could make it better by providing even bigger brakes, more aggressive suspension tuning and shaving weight, but IMHO, they really do need a unique engine in the next "named" model. A 5.2 or 5.4 NA engine would be perfect. If they can get it to rev to no less than 7700rpm and produce somewhere in the ballpark of 550/450...they'd have a real winner. Couple that with the option of having the 7DCT from the GT500 and it could be a real beast.

The next gen GT500 (or equivalent) is a completely different story. Gloves off for that bad boy.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Just cared about the experience. 526hp is fine. 5.2L is fine. 8250rpm is perfect, anything extra would be a cherry on top. The exhaust is perfect. The induction is perfect. The harmony of controls is perfect. The reliability is hot steamy dog water trashola.

The dual intake setup on the Gen 4 immediately makes the concept of a FPC make ten times more sense. The single intake setup in the Voodoo, in combination with the unorthodox firing orderā€”among other thingsā€”made it an NVH rattletrap nightmare. I think pretty much every other modern FPC V8 has dual intakes

Itā€™s also why I think we might actually see another FPC

Regardless, I equate that motor in symbolism and character to the S65 V8 and S85 V10 in the bangle era M cars. Not the most powerful mills, but truly bespoke, amazing sounding screamers. Sure their newer engines are more efficient, have more torque, better reliability, and more tuning potential, but theyā€™re nowhere near as sexy or satisfying

When you think of Mustangs, theyā€™ve never been the fastest things for the money (up there as of late, but still short of others be it straight line or track numbers), but they sound fucking amazing. The voodoo epitomized that philosophy; driving satisfaction over outright speed

I canā€™t find myself willing to spend extra money on a limited car with an engine thatā€™s hardly bespoke, eg. DH. Also why I find the Mach just ā€œokayā€

So yeah if Ford builds another ripper of a unit and slaps it in a track capable Mustang I will automatically buy it no questions asked

Couldnā€™t give two shits if it was any faster tbh
Everything said here. The 5.2 FPC is a special motor IF it has the reliability to back it up. Would love to see Ford invest in this, but unfortunately do not see it happening.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Everything said here. The 5.2 FPC is a special motor IF it has the reliability to back it up. Would love to see Ford invest in this, but unfortunately do not see it happening.
Agreed. Instead Ford just moved on to the Predator engine in GT500 and the Mach 1 HP with the Coyote. Both being very reliable.

As Iā€™ve said, the GT350 was beta testing for the Mach 1 HP and GT500. And both came out šŸ‘Œ. Even Ford alluded to this.

OP
OP
Rocketman

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
Agreed. Instead Ford just moved on to the Predator engine in GT500 and the Mach 1 HP with the Coyote. Both being very reliable.

As Iā€™ve said, the GT350 was beta testing for the Mach 1 HP and GT500. And both came out šŸ‘Œ. Even Ford alluded to this.
Beta testing is being incorrectly used here. An ICE car is not software. No one has ever said that the GT3 is beta for the GT3RS or GT2RS, or that the Mach 1 was beta for the Dark Horse.

All that happened here is Ford took what worked from the GT350 and used it for the GT500 (also vice versa with the 19-20 updates for the GT350) and took what they could from both and handed it down to the Mach 1. This is the way performance cars have worked since the beginning of performance cars.
Sponsored