• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like

Abe71Z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT-PP (Guard) & 1971 Datsun 240z
Don’t worry, they’ll make it uglier than the 18+
Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I actually quite like the styling of the new Evos, although I'm still scratching my head about the "s" at the end of its name. Did Ford say if this was on the C2 platform or not? All I've heard is that it gets the 2.0L EcoBoost.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I am "meh" on the EVOS. I would like more of a traditional trunk instead of the hatchback, but the biggest thing I don't like about it is the height as it is presented. Too much wheel arch gap, and the whole thing looks like the sheet metal is too high compared to the glass.

Lose two inches of seat height by getting it closer to the floor, and trim the body down (while keeping the current glass) by about 1.5-2.5 inches on the bottom and maybe a half inch in the middle. Lower the stance so the wheels are just a half inch/inch below the wheel openings and it MIGHT be a good looking car. Also, get rid of those back wheel fender flares and go with a body color flare. It increases the apparent size of the opening which does not appeal to me.

Right now, it looks too much like the BMW X4 or X6 compared to the 4 and 5 series. While those might be OK crossovers, they are not cars

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
This is a simple vertical squish and the stance needs to be adjusted down and the black fender flares need to be changed to body color, but I think this looks like a much nicer car. It is NOT a mustang, but a few changes in the roofline and number of doors would take care of that.
S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like 2021-ford-evos-cn compress.j

Edit note: Is this were a made in China or Engineered in China vehicle, I would not buy it, even with a Mustang name. Made in China has come to mean badly made in my experience and I do not want a badly made or engineered vehicle. Made in US, Canada, or Mexico is fine, or even in Europe, Japan, or S. Korea, and while I might like it to be made in US or Canada, I can see that not all can be. In my opinion, Ford would need to have a proven track record of their cars made in China before I would consider owning one. That's 10+ years of reliability data. The same is true for the GM made in China vehicles.

Last edited:

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
4 door sedan with 6.8 liter :)

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
I looked at a Scat pack charger last fall (WB) and yes, had I not made the decision to put a new engine in my current vehicle (being covered by a lawsuit agreement), then I WOULD have purchased that Charger. I have had bad experiences with a Dodge and would rather have a Ford, but when I buy my next vehicle, I will def be looking domestic first and hope Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Lincoln, or Cadillac have something out there I want.

fpvfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 mustang GT
Although yes the first thing that would come to mind would be a competitor to the Dodge Charger, My focus was more of an American version of the BMW 8-Series Gran-Coupe. Although I would love to see the 5.0L coyote get upgraded and continue, or even a few ecoboost packages thrown into the mix, I feel like these new vehicles would more than likely have the powertrain from the Mach E or something very similar. I'm figuring Ford may go with a with a multi-speed driveline, AWD, GKN E-Twinster Torque vectoring setup, Magnetic ride, huge Brembo brakes (From the Ford GT Performance package with the 19" Rotors but use 6-piston calipers), and things like that. These Days, Ford is trying to compete with Tesla so a car like this to compete with the Model S would seem more like what Ford is going to go with. Hopefully Ford will engineer a bit more sound to this, something that will be a bit more natural than the "futuristic" sounds they are going for.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Getting some strong Mustang vibes from this image
ford evos.jpg

This one too:
ford evos 2.jpg

Also the shoulderline from front to back is absolutely identical to the scultpure:
evoscomp.jpg

Even the rear is pretty close:
evoscomprear.jpg
These new spyshots from the Fusion/Mondeo successor look almost exactly like the EVOS... The front-end styling is almost identical to the EVOS and it's in line with the sculpture.

Besides, it has the same headlights and I assume the Mustang will get similar ones, which could end up quite nice. Isolate the front, give it a few more muscles and I thing we're looking at the S650 front-end.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/05/next-gen-ford-fusion-mondeo-successor-spotted-testing-in-germany/
S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like 1622483504222

S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like 1622483466898

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Is it just me, or does anybody else see kind of vertical bars as rear lights (below the brake light)
S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like 1622529173347

It reminds me of the Mach-E rear lights, with the bake light being a horizontal bar in the middle.
S650 Mustang Rendering: This is how 2023 Mustang 7th gen should look like 1622529369805

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I can see what you see, Ace, but I hope it's a trick of the camo. Whilst I don't hate the idea of a 4-door Mustang, if we get one it needs to be based off S650 and NOT any other platform (as this one looks very much front wheel drive, judging by the proportions). In fact, this just looks like a slightly lifted "saloon" version of Evos.

The front of this prototype looks almost identical to the Evos recently shown, so I hope they take the (pretty nice, to my eyes) same approach to the rear.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is it just me, or does anybody else see kind of vertical bars as rear lights (below the brake light)
1622529173347.png

It reminds me of the Mach-E rear lights, with the bake light being a horizontal bar in the middle.
1622529369805.png
Yeah, I kind of see that too, doesn't look like a film/cover making a weird light reflection.
Love it or hate it (or don't care), probably especially the rear of the Mach-E is going to be a cue for lot of the S650 bits I'd say.
Sponsored