• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Realistic goal on S650 after delay emails from Ford.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
This is my first time ever dealing with Ford ordering a car. However I have seen people talk about how long they have waited for the Bronco and Mach 1. With some people waiting years. Now I see where ford have sent out emails about delays and have closed the plant.

Now with that being said, what do you think the realistic chance that people even get an S650 eco or gt before August? Because this is starting to look like a super late fall release for just base eco and gt cars. Then you factor in the dark horse it's looking like this will be winter by the time they start making those models.

I saw there was possible fitment issues and stuff. Which means they have to get all that shit recreated by their suppliers if this is true. That means they basically fucked up and got incorrect parts and not gotta scramble to get them created and shipped. Or this could be just a bad batch or parts. Either way sounds like Ford didn't plan this through and check all their parts and seems to be stalling.
Even if it is July or August, that’s still pretty early to get a 2024 of any make and model. Years ago these cars being built now would still be considered 2023’s until after August.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Even if it is July or August, that’s still pretty early to get a 2024 of any make and model. Years ago these cars being built now would still be considered 2023’s until after August.
True.

I think when I got.my 2018 S550, they weren't really available on dealer lots until the November/December 2017 time frame.

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
I'll drive it all year like and enjoy it like I should, and I know plenty of others who do the same. Not only do we survive, but the cars look and drive all the same.

147423078_10159713091908488_1010187355403350376_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1550759063737.jpg

FB_IMG_1550759056542.jpg
I'm sure it is fun running rwd in the snow, but our winter roads will destroy anything nice. I'm not sure about DC, but many of the cities have fairly clean roads.. even through the winter. They plow them to be much cleaner and don't have the loads of salt/gravel/sand all over. So there is a huge difference between running a car "through the winter" in a city versus through winters like ours.

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm sure it is fun running rwd in the snow, but our winter roads will destroy anything nice. I'm not sure about DC, but many of the cities have fairly clean roads.. even through the winter. They plow them to be much cleaner and don't have the loads of salt/gravel/sand all over. So there is a huge difference between running a car "through the winter" in a city versus through winters like ours.
Exactly, the salt alone will have your undercarriage look 30 years old in a matter of 3 or 4 winters...

zaimer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium (ordered)
Exactly, the salt alone will have your undercarriage look 30 years old in a matter of 3 or 4 winters...
Oh, there is no doubt about it.

There are also completely different levels of cars & owners (how they care for them). It reminds me of back when I was on the Charger forum. There was a guy who would preach up and down, that the cars are meant to be driven blah, blah, blah, They aren't garage queens, etc. I'm like buddy you drive a 2014 RT with ~160k miles on it. I have respect for all cars and owners, there is no "I'm better than you"... but I think that is a BIT different than those of us who have a 1 or 2 year old Hellcat. 🤦‍♂️ 😆

Aramis76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh, there is no doubt about it.

There are also completely different levels of cars & owners (how they care for them). It reminds me of back when I was on the Charger forum. There was a guy who would preach up and down, that the cars are meant to be driven blah, blah, blah, They aren't garage queens, etc. I'm like buddy you drive a 2014 RT with ~160k miles on it. I have respect for all cars and owners, there is no "I'm better than you"... but I think that is a BIT different than those of us who have a 1 or 2 year old Hellcat. 🤦‍♂️ 😆
Exactly...

Back in 2012 I was shopping for a Camaro and I remember going to see one that was 2 years old, and looking underneath, it looked like a 10 year old pickup truck....

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
All depends on the owner and how well they take care of it. Blizzaks, preventative maintenance and flushing the undercarriage every 10-14 days or so goes a far way.
Sponsored