• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Richthebish12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F-150
Props to ford for creating this in the world of EVs and Hybrid supercars. I would take this over a GT3 RS in a heartbeat. It goes against the grain, but most will never be able to afford one sadly. Beautiful creation, and I hope to whoever buys this car will use it and not let it rot in a garage.
Sponsored

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Pretty cool, especially the specs. But Iā€™ve got to imagine the market for a half-million dollar Mustang that looks like a life-sized Hot Wheels toy is insanely small. I love Mustangs but if I had $500k to burn it wouldnā€™t be on this.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I think the frustrating thing is Ford's latest strategy is fuck competition, we'll do whatever we want and charge whatever we want. That's a good strategy in a vacuum, but in the real world, most of us are saying "Yeah, this is a badass car, but unless they depreciate massively, I'll never be able to afford one".

Meanwhile, the c8 can be had for like 70 grand, 120 or so for a 670 hp mid engine supercar. It gives you hope because 70 grand is a lot of money, but it's also in that bracket of "If I save up here and there, I could maybe buy this one day". This is a bitchin' car, but it's also kinda depressing to see multimillionaire Jim Farley with multimillionaire Bill Ford talking about how great this car you'll never be able to afford is.

I don't understand how Ford can justify a business case to do a ground up 300k supercar they'll only sell in a few thousand units. But can't seem to put together a business case for a mid-engine mustang priced like a c8. If Ford made a 80 grand mid-engine 500 hp car, it would blow everyone's hair back, truly elevating the mustang while also staying true to the mustangs roots of offering great performance for a reasonable price. But instead, they're basically like, hey fuck you if you aren't super wealthy.
Well said. I deleted my follow up posts because I spam posted out of anger, but this is the truth. Iā€™m praying that something of relevance gets produced. Iā€™m still sour about the DH. Iā€™m just sour about the whole product rollout for the S650 so far; itā€™s all been very atypical for Ford. Like kudos for giving the industry a middle finger and rocking out, but please give us something real and attainable thatā€™s worth lusting after.

Thatā€™s literally the point of Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, etc. At least make stuff that we can say ā€œoh, hell yeah, I can actually buy one of these without extorting children for labor.ā€

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
I get the frustration but I think a lot of people are missing the point here. This is a means to an end. Someone on m6g said it better so i'll quote :

Ford is wanting to compete with Porsche and amg at the track. In order for them to do that, they need a street variant of the track car. This is basically a loop hole, make a limited production so they can produce a different version of the track mustang to compete with Porsche and AMG on another level and best them. This is interesting, this is not meant to replace the gt500, but it's cool to see where the mustang will be headed.

Rocketman

Keep it stupid, stupid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPPPPPP
We're not even into year 1 of S650 production and everyone thinks this is the G500 replacement. You think Ford is gonna leave a delta between a $70k DH and this $300k GTD? There will be plenty of other lesser models that will be released over the coming years that you guys can complain about.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i wasnt joking when i said this is the new GT, this isnt a mustang thats going to sit on a lot at 30k dealer markup, this is going to be a car that you have to request to be put on a waiting list and probably have to go through the same process that GT buyers went through to get this thing, Fords not out here targeting entry level corvettes, Fords out here targeting AMG GT's, top spec Z06's and GT3RS' with this thing. weather they succeed, only time will tell.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
A GTD is famous in Europe as a Volkswagen Golf with a 2.0 diesel engine making 200hp, called a Golf GTD and is the diesel equivalent of the gasoline Golf GTI.

I don't take the name GTD so serious because of this. šŸ˜‚

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's insane to me that literally yesterday I posted on M6G in a thread about mid engine Mustangs that Ford should make a front engine car with front SLA and a transaxle. That's all the ingredients for a really great driver's car with 50/50 weight balance.

I think my post was deleted, but if anyone here reads my past posts they know I've been talking transaxle on here for years and bragging up how great the C5 SLA felt to drive.

BUUUT, I would have hoped for a Coyote up front, simple shocks, MANUAL transaxle, no carbon and a price tag under 100K. Even with the stupid DI engine, if the car was done right I might have delayed my retirement or whatever I needed to do to buy that car.

It really sucks that Ford couldn't have made a Mustang GT and a Halo Mustang with similar equipment. The transaxle and SLA would be great on the EB, even. I guess they probably assumed Ford buyers wouldn't go for a $70K 4 cylinder.

I guess if I want a Mustang with SLA and a transaxle it's something I have to build myself. At least now I have an example to work off.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Several thoughts here...

This is a homologation of the GT3 car, which in order to compete in that class this car must exist. Effectively what the E46 M3 GTR was. $300,000 is a reasonable price for this kind of vehicle, given what you're getting, but I agree that someone like us who want one and can't afford it are gonna feel left way out.

I don't see Ford reviving the Predator, and investing all that money to increase its output by 40 HP, to not eventually put it in another Cobra. I don't know when it'll happen - I'll guess probably in another 2-3 years, but I don't see the S650 not having a GT500.

I also agree that we should eventually see a mid-engine Mustang, hopefully modeled after or as a means of succeeding the GT, but produced for the masses. A C8 successor, ideally hybrid. The rumors of there being two cars makes me wonder if a mid-engine car was discussed in Vegas, and this is an entirely different project - the documentation does say this car has been worked on since 2021. Maybe we'll hear about a Ford mid-engine platform in 2026.

Onto the future. Let's see what else Ford has up their sleeve.

Walt Kowalski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT FB. 6M. Twister O. 2020 Conv GT 10A - MagnaRide, Twister O.
In Australiaā€™s FD RX-7 world - we call that look ā€œLakemba Specā€

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Basically, if you weren't invited to attend the big reveal, you ain't gettin' one, LOL!!!

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
Iā€™m super impressed with the style and specs of the GTD, and Iā€™m a 6th Gen Camaro ZL1 owner (but also former 2018 Mustang GT owner). I do wish they made it a true ā€œfront-mid engineā€ but that would have required additional engineering and chassis tweaks. That said, GM could probably match the GTD on a track if they put active aero with more downforce and DRS, and the LT5 from the ZR-1 in the ZL1 1LE. For probably 40% of the cost since they wouldnā€™t have to go full CF, magnesium wheels, titanium exhaust, and carbon ceramic brakes. They probably wouldnā€™t even have to put in a transaxle but that would be really cool. Maybe a Camaro swan song response is in orderā€¦.one can hope. The track battles would be epic.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
I gotta say ford REALLY blew its load on the S650 all at once up front.

cobra jet next then on to the EV transition in2026-28??

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

Reactions: Zig

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Looks like an s650 with a bunch of stuff glued on, horrible design in my opinion.
Agreed, this thing is so fugly when I saw the leaks yesterday I thought ā€˜no way this is realā€™. Looks like the top hits of early 2000ā€™s design tacked on to the already questionable S650.

But these will absolutely sell out as status symbols.
Sponsored