• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

No fog lights on the S650

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
He’s not wrong

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Unfortunately the aftermarket did zip, zero, nada for the Mach 1. Never understood why.
Since they reused the 2015 light the Diode Dynamics replacement with sequential LEDs should fit the Mach 1 without problems.

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
According to the Mustang Design manager Ford did not built in fog lights because modern headlights are so advanced that there is no need for additional fog lights.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/10/heres-why-the-modern-ford-mustang-lineup-lacks-fog-lights/
I live in Delaware south of the canal. That means that where I live, there is a tremendous amount of fog that tends to hang around.

I have a BMW and an F350. The BMW has much better headlamps than my F350. They turn when you turn the steering wheel, auto level, they have great projection, less scatter, and greater intensity than any other brand I have owned or rented...and yet I STILL turn on my fog lamps, because they are needed where I live. In fact, there are days when I am glad that I installed the button that allows me to turn on my rear fog lamps ( ) as sometimes, this is the only way cars behind you will be able to see you through the fog (and no, these are not the same as the brake lights)

I've owned several Fords and rented many others and I have never seen their headlights match what BMW's headlights can do, so I find it very difficult to believe that their new headlights could not benefit from dedicated fog lamps, since I find that even the best headlights benefit from them. Maybe I am wrong, or maybe they will have that functionality built in, but at least where I live, fog lights are very much a necessary piece of equipment.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Since they reused the 2015 light the Diode Dynamics replacement with sequential LEDs should fit the Mach 1 without problems.
can confirm, they do work perfectly (after disabling the hyperflashing), though it seems Ford might've made a new part for the M1 instead of reusing the '15-'17 ones?
just note that if you have the HP splitter and dont want to re-do all the pop rivets, the front undertray is coming off with the bumper cover, and the little fender flare things are annoying

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
can confirm, they do work perfectly (after disabling the hyperflashing), though it seems Ford might've made a new part for the M1 instead of reusing the '15-'17 ones?
just note that if you have the HP splitter and dont want to re-do all the pop rivets, the front undertray is coming off with the bumper cover, and the little fender flare things are annoying
Hey roket, how do you like the auto with the HP? How would the transmission work on a track in your opinion?

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Hey roket, how do you like the auto with the HP? How would the transmission work on a track in your opinion?
I love it, pretty great for daily driving
I think it would do alright, I haven't taken it on a track, but a few weeks ago I had some fun on some windy mountainside roads, never felt like it was gonna lose traction or anything, and it kept it high-ish in RPMs, around 3k or so

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
Well that answers that question. Had them on my 15‘ EB and my 19’ GT/CS. Never used them. One less thing to break!
I never used mine on my 2006, 2007 Pony Packages and I never have yet on my '17 EB either.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
They have not been "needed" for decades. The 1994 v6 mustang did not have fogs. It didn't NEED them. The GT and Cobras did not NEED them either but they looked good.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Royal Crimson convertible
Well that answers that question. Had them on my 15‘ EB and my 19’ GT/CS. Never used them. One less thing to break!
I find the fogs are handy on very dark roads, as they light up the edges better than just h/lights alone. I also use them on rainy nights here on the highways, as the lane markings seem to disappear under those conditions and, again, the fogs do a good job of lighting them up.