• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang?

What do you think of the new bent rear lights?

• Total voters

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I like them, Ford is always going to change the rear of the car when a new generation starts.
Slightly better was my vote
Sponsored

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I like them, Ford is always going to change the rear of the car when a new generation starts.
Slightly better was my vote
The S197 generation had their taillights changed 3 times during its lifecycle.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The decklid panel is an odd little piece of "tradition" that has its pros and cons. I mean, there were black panels on, what, three years of the first gen? And so thirty-odd years later it got brought back as an aftermarket piece for the s197s and Ford finally added it on in production for two years of that generation and then carried it into the current version. And since then, everyone complains that it's hard to keep clean, often isn't properly fit, scratches easily...but when the designers take it away again, it's proof that Ford doesn't know anything about Mustang heritage.

Wha-huh?

I guess the black panel's classier than chrome holes in the fenders, but it's no more a design essential.
Its according to which aftermarket black panel you get. Mine is as smooth as glass as very easy to clean.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th Anniversary & 1983 Mustang GT 5.0
I like them... I see the 1967 fastback Mustang tail end in it.

Reactions: DRB

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Its according to which aftermarket black panel you get. Mine is as smooth as glass as very easy to clean.
That's good. My main point is that deciding to drop the panel for the next generation is not some act of faithlessness to Mustang design history. I rather like the change.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rear lights have much more details and 3d styling to it, then it seems on most pictures. I think once people see them live they will grow on them
1663338184028.png
Looks like cheap plastic modular construction. No texture or sculpturing whatsoever.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Looks like cheap plastic modular construction. No texture or sculpturing whatsoever.
I forget who it was, maybe Ace. Sorry if I am mistaken. They said in person it has a detailed, 3D look to it, and is high quality. Don't quote me word for word.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What is this nonsense even supposed to mean?

Reactions: DRB

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I forget who it was, maybe Ace. Sorry if I am mistaken. They said in person it has a detailed, 3D look to it, and is high quality. Don't quote me word for word.
I saw the car in person at the Charlotte Auto Show, and while they're a little more detailed in person, they're basically just flat lights that follow the cut of the rear fascia. I'm not saying that's good or bad (they just are what they are), but the S550 lights definitely have a more complex design.

Personally, I would like the lights to extend down slightly further so that the line across the trunk was flat all the way across instead of rising up to meet the lights. The rear would look more cohesive that way, IMO.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
What is this nonsense even supposed to mean?
To me, It looks as if someone were to draw a caricature of a Mustang taillight for instance, in a comic book. But hey, times gotta change…right?
Sponsored