• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Poll- Do you like the new interior?

Do you like the new interior?

• Total voters

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
it's called weight of opinion. :)

The contrast stitching is an improvement - what took so damn long?
Not a lot of weight to a poll with 88 total votes. :cwl:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I have never purchased a Mustang (or any other car) because I liked the interior. I hope I never get to that point in my life where the interior is that important to me. If I do, I'll probably end up in a BMW or Porsche or something.
Same same, but have to admit you start paying attention to it a lot more when the baseline price for a GT [premium] is likely creeping up in the 45-50k range.

Way more concerned with how it drives at this point.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Exactly.

With a heritage dashboard they will not lose a single sale to a millennial or zoomer
Whereas the demographic that can actually afford a 60K car is seriously annoyed by this crap.
No, "the demograohic" is not. A few people on a car forum are.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
Analog dash designs are OK but you can't use a software program to make them look different and fresh like you can with digital dash. Recall Ford's "My color" and ambient lighting option with all the wild LED color schemes. It made the interior fresh and fun when for interior vehicle lighting. Software programmability and automatic updates from factory is the future! I think driver voice commands could someday make buttons and knobs obsolete.

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
The gargantuan LCD panels look like crap. That is why I hate the interior.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i quite like the new interior, and think Ford is going the right direction by making everything digital. the only things i'll knock off points for is the lack of physical climate controls and the fact the screens look like the designer tossed them in and said "that'll do"

i'll admit, i may be a bit biased because i really like technology, but it also makes sense from a manufacturing POV because instead of making multiple bezel and button setups (S550 had a lot of versions of the same part, the FCIM), Ford can make 2 parts (premium and non-premium screens) and just vary the software, which is much cheaper to do

this may be a hot take, but i hope Ford gives the option to have BlueCruise added on to all trim levels. they already have adaptive cruise, lane centering, and Sync 4, seems like it's just missing that eye sensor

josaycuervo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1 (MT, Velocity Blue)
On Lincolns, when you hit the voice command button the steering wheel, stereo automatically cuts out to accept your command.
Or I could just have buttons and enjoy my favorite song without interruption. Same goes for having a passenger in the car. I could discretely adjust the climate control while having a conversation or I could tell my passenger to shut up while I issue my car commands.

To each their own!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Or I could just have buttons and enjoy my favorite song without interruption. Same goes for having a passenger in the car. I could discretely adjust the climate control while having a conversation or I could tell my passenger to shut up while I issue my car commands.

To each their own!
You can still do that with a touchscreen.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GT
The future is voice commands. We're already seeing it on the newer Lincolns.
Sync2 already supported a quadzillion voice commands 10 years ago. A lot of people never read the manual though and have no clue what it can do. I have more than once surprised a fellow S550 owner by changing the climate control setting by voice. In the end of the day it's still unnatural though because reaching for a simple toggle click is easier.

I do use voice however almost exclusively for making calls, setting navigation destinations and selecting music to be played, because it's much easier than fiddling with a menu based touch screen.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Same same, but have to admit you start paying attention to it a lot more when the baseline price for a GT [premium] is likely creeping up in the 45-50k range.

Way more concerned with how it drives at this point.
Yeah the problem is that 50K is the new 30K. Now we are supposed to expect an entry level interior quality for 50K.