• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang?

What do you think of the new bent rear lights?

• Total voters

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
So far 44% of the votes are negative and 34% are positive.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
What? They are not even close besides being 3 bars.
1663338184028-png.png

1663359305704.png
Actually I prefer the Mach-E lights to what the coupe has.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Even these are better lol
S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? 1663536582880

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Definitely not those!
They at least look like ANY design effort went into them. I feel like since the 2015 came out ford just "lets teak this bit that doesn't need a tweak, and Lets change this part that doesn't need a change either.... oh? Cohesion? What's that?"

No part of the Mustang feels "designed" just that it was "tweaked for the sake of being tweaked" At NO point of the new car can I look at and think "Damn they thought LONG and hard on getting this right"..... cuz NONE of it looks right.

Nothing on it makes me feel "damn nice call back to the 60's, or the 70's" the CLOSEST they get is the square air vents, and that is literally the ONLY thing. It would have helped if something about the exterior also hinted to the Foxbody, but nothing does. It's like they tossed that in just to say "hey we are on the 80/90's retro trend too!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
They at least look like ANY design effort went into them. I feel like since the 2015 came out ford just "lets teak this bit that doesn't need a tweak, and Lets change this part that doesn't need a change either.... oh? Cohesion? What's that?"

No part of the Mustang feels "designed" just that it was "tweaked for the sake of being tweaked" At NO point of the new car can I look at and think "Damn they thought LONG and hard on getting this right"..... cuz NONE of it looks right.
Like the '18 refresh - hideous.

Disagree in spades for the rest. It's just shy of perfect. Analog interior would have made it perfect.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
No matter what your opinion is, this is what you are going to get. Front, back, side it's already set into stone. Deal with it.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
They're a fine size, given the elimination of the rear scratch magnet. They just aren't imitative of the 550.
they put that magnet in the hood vent and grilles

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Must admit the s197 lights are gorgeous
One of my favourites
I think the reverse was the best. Those things were bright. It was kind of disappointing going from s197 to s550 and realizing they went back to a bulb for the reverse.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I think the tails on my '13 may have been the best-looking ever, yeah.

I like the tail lights on my '20 better than the '16 I had just before it. I waited for a few years into the 550 model to get a better car, and I haven't been disappointed.

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Like the '18 refresh - hideous.

Disagree in spades for the rest. It's just shy of perfect. Analog interior would have made it perfect.
I mean the biggest change was the back 1/3 the headlight and the tails. Its barely even a change.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
This picture right here has me loving the tails! But when you see it as a whole, the rear is the worst part for me. Squished lights, bulky plastic creeping all the way up the bumper like the new wrx...idk hoping seeing it in person it'll grow on me
Well, it’s a plus for the assembly plant. Now that the tail panel is one piece with the trunk they only have the taillights to put in straight.
Sponsored