• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang?

What do you think of the new bent rear lights?

• Total voters

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6spd California Black
Other than the interior, it seems the rear tail lights is dividing opinions.

my initial reaction was yuck, they look conservative, politically correct and horrible...

the more I look at it's growing on me. I still haven't worked out whether I'm warming to it because it's simply new and different
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The rear lights have much more details and 3d styling to it, then it seems on most pictures. I think once people see them live they will grow on them
S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? 1663338184028

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I like the lights and the tail by themselves. Something different. But I wish Ford and the designers would have proportioned the area better with respect to the sides. The sides are quite wide, appear large and heavy. The rear, the opposite.

Like everyone else, I'm still processing. The car in-general, inside and out, appears to me one of a mix of ideas and styles, competing with one another.

Last edited:

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
The rear lights have much more details and 3d styling to it, then it seems on most pictures. I think once people see them live they will grow on them
1663338184028.png
This picture right here has me loving the tails! But when you see it as a whole, the rear is the worst part for me. Squished lights, bulky plastic creeping all the way up the bumper like the new wrx...idk hoping seeing it in person it'll grow on me

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Don't they look proportionally small compared to that big rear end?

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer ST, 2001 Avalon
They are in fact disproportionately small for the rear end. They need to come down further to be in line with the lowest portion of the trunk and thereby making a straight line from taillight-trunk-taillight. That would've fixed the whole thing.

S650 Mustang Do you like the new rear lights on S650 Mustang? S650 Improvement.JPG

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
They are in fact disproportionately small for the rear end. They need to come down further to be in line with the lowest portion of the trunk and thereby making a straight line from taillight-trunk-taillight. That would've fixed the whole thing.

S650 Improvement.JPG
That looks MUCH better.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I like them. I don't love them in every detail. I've no doubt there will be better options, in time.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The entire rear end looks like they took an S550 and put it in the crusher then decided half way through that they wanted to sell it as a New Car!

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
1663338184028.png
These are right off the Mach-E ! Only difference is the tops of the MACH-E are clear and flash amber. Ford keeps reusing parts from other models to keep the creative cost down. Why doesn't the buyer see those cost savings? The Mach-E is not a Mustang. It should have been marketed on it's own and not part of the Mustang family

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
These are right off the Mach-E ! Only difference is the tops of the MACH-E are clear and flash amber. Ford keeps reusing parts from other models to keep the creative cost down. Why doesn't the buyer see those cost savings? The Mach-E is not a Mustang. It should have been marketed on it's own and not part of the Mustang family
These are entirely different parts than those on the Mach-E.

They're not even particularly close.

Frankly, a design somewhere between this one and the Mach-E might have been better. These are a little bit toy-like.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I'm not in love with the rear taillights, no. However, Raxiom has put out some pretty nice taillights for the S550, and they SURE AS SHIT are going to do that for S650 (and probably make a fortune doing it too!). Blacking out the rest of the rear decklid also helps solidify the rear look as that of a Mustang, and not, uh, something else.

SO, yea, I will definitely be switching out the taillights and blacking out the rear panel. Then I'm good.

Last edited: