• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Nite Pony Package vent.........

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
Same. Already have deposit down for that, PPF front bumper, and ceramic coat. It will all be put on around the first week of having it. Only problem is it's gonna take 4-5 days šŸ˜­
Same for all three. These cars deserve to drive, and mine will likely drive coast to coast once or twice in my ownership. Gonna try to keep it as mint as possible! Those Wyoming pebbles and bugs eat new bumpers for breakfast
Sponsored

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Last edited:

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Iā€™ve got Nite Pony on a shadow black car. I love blacked-out cars. Living in Utah, itā€™s gonna cook me alive during the summer, but thatā€™s the price I pay for a sexy car.

im curious why the black roof is holding back all the Nite Pony pkg cars. Especially with black paint being so abundant, and the plant not having an issue painting the full car black.

Someone mentioned that it could be that the roof panels are painted separately and installed after the rest of the car is painted. I can definitely see that being possible, but if they can paint the full car, why canā€™t they paint roof panels? If theyā€™re short on roof panels, why arenā€™t all the hardtops delayed?

Im half certain thereā€™s another piece thatā€™s in short supply and the plant notes simply list the roof instead of whatever else it is. I donā€™t work at the plant, so I have no clue whatā€™s going through their minds over there.
The black roof is not a separate panel that is installed later. All the sheet metal is assembled and the whole car is painted the main body color in the main paint shop. At some point on the line the car is pulled to a side area where the car is masked off and the roof is pained black, over the body color.
This is the same process for things like stripes as well.

On the GT500 with painted stripes they went so far as to ship the car to a subcontractor to paint the stripes.

It sounds like its capacity in the side shop thatā€™s the issue.

OP
OP
Bethstang

Bethstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
Long McArthurs scheduling video goes over Night Pony this week. He talks about something 40% of the orders have the NP, but only capacity to produce 10%, or something like that. Ill let someone else watch it again, but to my surprise the bronze package still has more available than what is scheduled it sounds like.

He did say he has a Dark Horse build previewing for scheduling this week too...

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
It will. Itā€™s gonna be one of the first things done to the car upon delivery
Same here. Along with the coating, I asked my dealer not to put the crap they use on it. I'd rather spend the $1500, have a professional job done with a 7 year warranty.

Ng1nyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Same. Already have deposit down for that, PPF front bumper, and ceramic coat. It will all be put on around the first week of having it. Only problem is it's gonna take 4-5 days šŸ˜­
Any guidelines or information youā€™d offer on that? (Costs, what to expect, what to look for advantages, any known disadvantages). Iā€™d like to have it done on mine as soon as I get it. Chip stones destroyed my current mustangā€™s paint and a solution would be appreciated .

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Any guidelines or information youā€™d offer on that? (Costs, what to expect, what to look for advantages, any known disadvantages). Iā€™d like to have it done on mine as soon as I get it. Chip stones destroyed my current mustangā€™s paint and a solution would be appreciated .
S650 Mustang Nite Pony Package vent......... Screenshot_2023-06-13-18-51-06-57_2dff0e110cbb5dcf452c3609775e0d0f

This is my estimate for everything. I believe the paint correction can be negotiated down as there won't be too much work to be done on a new car. I searched Google and Yelp reviews to find the highest rated shop near me and see what customers had to say about them. This place had tons of excellent reviews online so I decided to go with them. Price will vary depending on where you go but I wanted someone I could trust. When they called for the deposit they were very friendly and answered all the questions I had.

One big thing to look out for is if they wrap the edges. If they don't care enough to wrap the edges on PPF a visible line of dirt will eventually appear and maybe even start to bubble. Another thing to look for is what products they use. The shop I chose uses Xpel which is one of the industry leads right now in car protection. The warranty on the PPF is 10yr and the ceramic coating is 4 which in my opinion, more than justifies the price.

S650 Mustang Nite Pony Package vent......... Screenshot_2023-06-13-18-55-02-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

S650 Mustang Nite Pony Package vent......... Screenshot_2023-06-13-18-55-11-58_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

These are the levels of PPF they offer. I chose level 1 as I didn't want a level 2 with half of the PPF on the hood which will get dirty and show a clear edge. Only wanted parts that would be fully covered and have wrapped edges. Although this place is willing to work with you so I'm going to see how much extra it would be to get the hood as well. Some places only sell in bulk so you have to get standard levels whereas this place offers more variety. I would love a level 3 or even the full car but it would add $4-5k on top of everything and I just couldn't justify it when getting a panel repainted is so much cheaper.

Another cool thing with PPF these days are smoked/satin clear bras which makes your car look frosted. Would be a cool option if you went full car.

One thing to note with ceramic coating is it's not recommended to take through car washes. The abrasive chemicals they use aren't designed with ceramic coats in mind so it's preferred if you buy specific soaps and do it yourself. A big benefit is how easy it is to clean so washing your car can be fast and having a nice clean car will make you want to go out and spend 20-30min every few days to week to get it shiny. I plan on using mainly a waterless wash as necessary and then a full clean at least once a month. Best thing about the waterless is just keeping it in your car with some microfiber towels and you can quickly and easily clean dirt and bird poo without letting it sit too long.

Anyways hoped that helped!

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Being in another state @unfairslide can't help you with cost but here is what you need to do. Find the best detailer in your area. One that does high end cars. Talk to them. Tell them what you want to accomplish and let them give you a quote. A simple rule to remember is that you do not buy PPF or ceramic, you buy the detailer. Once you make your choice go by their recommendations.

As far as what to get, you should do the entire front clip. That includes the full bumper, full fenders, the entire hood (trust me do not skimp here, get the full hood), and the headlights. You also should do the "A" pillars and at least this front part of the roof. Lastly you might want to do the front and rear of the quarter panels. Then you ceramic coat the entire car. A 1st class job will probably run $2500 to $3500 including paint correction and prep. And yes even brand new cars may need some degree of paint correction. Oh, and do not forget the wheels. Preferably the entire wheel, face front and barrel. Cost will be around $500. Not cheap but worth every penny especially on intricate wheels. Makes cleaning them a breeze.

So, yes, a large up front expenditure, but worth it. My 2019 is now over four years old and looks brand new.

S650 Mustang Nite Pony Package vent......... NMD Detailing83

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Screenshot_2023-06-13-18-51-06-57_2dff0e110cbb5dcf452c3609775e0d0f.jpg

This is my estimate for everything. I believe the paint correction can be negotiated down as there won't be too much work to be done on a new car. I searched Google and Yelp reviews to find the highest rated shop near me and see what customers had to say about them. This place had tons of excellent reviews online so I decided to go with them. Price will vary depending on where you go but I wanted someone I could trust. When they called for the deposit they were very friendly and answered all the questions I had.

One big thing to look out for is if they wrap the edges. If they don't care enough to wrap the edges on PPF a visible line of dirt will eventually appear and maybe even start to bubble. Another thing to look for is what products they use. The shop I chose uses Xpel which is one of the industry leads right now in car protection. The warranty on the PPF is 10yr and the ceramic coating is 4 which in my opinion, more than justifies the price.

Screenshot_2023-06-13-18-55-02-19_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-06-13-18-55-11-58_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

These are the levels of PPF they offer. I chose level 1 as I didn't want a level 2 with half of the PPF on the hood which will get dirty and show a clear edge. Only wanted parts that would be fully covered and have wrapped edges. Although this place is willing to work with you so I'm going to see how much extra it would be to get the hood as well. Some places only sell in bulk so you have to get standard levels whereas this place offers more variety. I would love a level 3 or even the full car but it would add $4-5k on top of everything and I just couldn't justify it when getting a panel repainted is so much cheaper.

Another cool thing with PPF these days are smoked/satin clear bras which makes your car look frosted. Would be a cool option if you went full car.

Anyways hoped that helped!
Well never mind my comment about your quoting cost. :giggle: :like: Excellent post @unfairslide. That said I would recommend level 3 unless it is totally out of owners price range.

OP
OP
Bethstang

Bethstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
Long McArthurs scheduling video goes over Night Pony this week. He talks about something 40% of the orders have the NP, but only capacity to produce 10%, or something like that. Ill let someone else watch it again, but to my surprise the bronze package still has more available than what is scheduled it sounds like.

He did say he has a Dark Horse build previewing for scheduling this week too...
Do you know which scheduling video it was?

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Being in another state @unfairslide can't help you with cost but here is what you need to do. Find the best detailer in your area. One that does high end cars. Talk to them. Tell them what you want to accomplish and let them give you a quote. A simple rule to remember is that you do not buy PPF or ceramic, you buy the detailer. Once you make your choice go by their recommendations.

As far as what to get, you should do the entire front clip. That includes the full bumper, full fenders, the entire hood (trust me do not skimp here, get the full hood), and the headlights. You also should do the "A" pillars and at least this front part of the roof. Lastly you might want to do the front and rear of the quarter panels. Then you ceramic coat the entire car. A 1st class job will probably run $2500 to $3500 including paint correction and prep. And yes even brand new cars may need some degree of paint correction. Oh, and do not forget the wheels. Preferably the entire wheel, face front and barrel. Cost will be around $500. Not cheap but worth every penny especially on intricate wheels. Makes cleaning them a breeze.

So, yes, a large up front expenditure, but worth it. My 2019 is now over four years old and looks brand new.

NMD Detailing83.jpeg
Plus 1 for the wheels. Make sure to ask if they coat them! Makes cleaning all that brake dust super easy.

On that topic, anyone have experience with ceramic brake pads? Do they actually help reduce dust?
Sponsored