• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Nite Pony Package allocations ?

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Hey, quick question. Do you guys know how many Nite Pony Package allocations dealerships get? My dealership got about 40 2024 mustang allocations for the year, and I know of a few people that ordered the Nite Pony Package and Performance Package when the order banks opened. Just trying to figure it out 🤷🏻‍♂️ Thanks!
Sponsored

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Something like the night pony package would be more of a build constraint at the production level, not a dealer allocation issue.

It’s more like Ford gives your dealer an allocation and says hey dealer it’s your turn. Your dealer says we have this guy who wants options X,Y, and Z, and Ford says yeah or nah we can build that based on current parts availability.

There are annual production targets and limits based on supplier ability to deliver and what Ford estimates they can sell.

OP
OP

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Thanks for the replies. Say a dealership gets 40 2024 mustangs allocated and 3 performance packages allocated for 2024... What happens if 5 people order performance packages? Some have to wait the following year? 🤔

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Thanks for the replies. Say a dealership gets 40 2024 mustangs allocated and 3 performance packages allocated for 2024... What happens if 5 people order performance packages? Some have to wait the following year? 🤔
2 people go to another dealer. Also only "special" car models, (Shelby's, Bullitt, Mach 1 & Dark Horse) get allocated, option packages do not. And once the initial production is finished the Dark Horse will be readily available as well.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Performance pack is not a separate allocation. For "normal" mustangs none of the options are allocated in the same way special/limited availability models are ie. Dark Horse, Shelby, Raptor, etc.

When it's your dealers turn to have orders picked for production, Ford simply looks at what trim and options were submitted and compares that to the parts available. If they can build it they will. If your dealer has two identical orders with the performance pack and they only have enough parts at the factory for one build your dealer only gets one built. That's where the priority on your order comes into play. If your dealer put your order in with a lower priority, your oder would be the one selected from that particular dealer. If the priorities are equal i think they go buy the time stamp on the order as a tie breaker.

If for some reason they never have all the parts for your particular combination of options, at the same time, you don't get built. That simple. You get to resubmit for next year.

Any given scheduling cycle Ford will have "build constraints" these are notes to dealers that certain options are not available at that time. It gives the dealer and you an opportunity to remove or change your order to accommodate that constraint.

Lets say a supplier of a particular wheel goes out of business or has a hurricane wipes out their production facility. That could generate a constraint for the rest of the model year. No cars with that wheel will ever get scheduled. In reality they would probably try to find another supplier, but hopefully you get the idea.

Obviously, I'm leaving out a lot of details but that's the general concept.

tryan1107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
**2024 Mustang Allocation Update**

We have received information that we will have 100 Mustang orders to place once the order banks open up for 2024. We will be able to collect deposits and place those orders at 2% under invoice starting on 3-27-23. The following packages have Limited production capacity, so if you are interested in these, I would suggest placing your orders ASAP:

Option - % of overall production Mix
5.0L - 50%
Magna Ride - 29%
Nite Pony Package - 18%
GT Performance Package - 8%
Recaro Leather - 7%
Bronze Package - 5%
Wheel & Stripe Package - 2%

We will receive less than 10 Dark Horse Mustangs. We will be collecting Deposits on the first 6 allocations and then wait until we see how the production cycle goes to collect deposits on any more units if/when they are available.

If you are intersted in placing an order email [email protected] and you can place a deposit with us now and we'll place an order once the order banks open up! We have a long enough interest list on the dark horse, I'm confident we won't be collecting any more deposits on that unit.

Thanks as always!

Zach

tryan1107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt
According to Zach at granger there must be some sort of restriction on what the dealers get regarding the options and packages.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
According to Zach at granger there must be some sort of restriction on what the dealers get regarding the options and packages.
Seems that there are still numerous supply chain issues. From what I've read we are going to be in this until, at least, the end of the year and probably into 2024.

OP
OP

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
I was told by my salesman when I ordered mine that they only get a certain number of performance packages etc. What happens when it's over the amount they're allocated? Because I'm sure they still probably take the orders 🤔

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I was told by my salesman when I ordered mine that they only get a certain number of performance packages etc. What happens when it's over the amount they're allocated? Because I'm sure they still probably take the orders 🤔
I would steer away from any dealer who takes orders for cars they know they are not going to get. Hopefully you will get yours but I would keep an eye on your dealer.

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Yes, this isn't uncommon, covid or not. They have an anticipated take rate and they will contract their suppliers to match what they believe demand will be. It is not uncommon that the first orders come in at a richer content level, causing restrictions on the more sought after options.

OP
OP

Mustang1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Yes, this isn't uncommon, covid or not. They have an anticipated take rate and they will contract their suppliers to match what they believe demand will be. It is not uncommon that the first orders come in at a richer content level, causing restrictions on the more sought after options.
Thanks for the reply! So looking at your allocations of 100, you got 8 performance packages. What happens if 9 people ordered the performance package? Would Ford still build it or would you not take the order? 🤔

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Thanks for the reply! So looking at your allocations of 100, you got 8 performance packages. What happens if 9 people ordered the performance package? Would Ford still build it or would you not take the order? 🤔
It'll depend on overall national demand versus just 1 dealers. If 1 dealer has more retail orders and those customers want the performance package, those orders will be prioritized over another dealership's stock inventory. But if overall performance package demand for retail is higher than the 8%, some won't be able to get that.
Sponsored