• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Nite Pony Package vent.........

Bethstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
I'm just here to whine and vent. I ordered a GT Premium with NPP on 3/27 and I STILL don't have a build date. Ford has said since the beginning that they were not doing black painted roofs/NPP, but here were people getting build dates with NPP. It just doesn't make sense to me. I just wish I knew the reasoning behind it. Some sort of communication as to why and when would be great. I don't mind waiting but it's frustrating when Ford says they are not building something, but wait......yes, they are. I'm considering just canceling the black roof as I don't feel it's worth it to wait for who knows how long just for that. Just frustrated!! I'm just venting, I know no one has a solution or answer.
Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
and in houston why would you even want black? Don't you have a heat-management problem as it is? For $1000 you can buy yourself some vinyl, actually GOOD wheels that are black and a can of plastidip or official emblems if you must.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
and in houston why would you even want black? Don't you have a heat-management problem as it is? For $1000 you can buy yourself some vinyl, actually GOOD wheels that are black and a can of plastidip or official emblems if you must.
What about the blacked out spoiler, headlamps, and side mirrors?

Personally, I don't care about getting a black roof. I purchased NP for everything else.

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
What does the exterior of the car being black have to do with heat management when you're going to be sititng inside the car with A/C?

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about the blacked out spoiler, headlamps, and side mirrors?

Personally, I don't care about getting a black roof. I purchased NP for everything else.
not familiar with the headlamps, but people tint those all the damn time. mirror caps just pop off, get some from a black car. The price for the genuine black spoiler is probably redonculous. But any good body shop can remove the original and put the new one properly.

OP
OP
Bethstang

Bethstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT
I'm not concerned about the heat, that's what A/C is for. I want the black badges, black rims, etc.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I think the answer to this question is probably a very complicated question of Ford's automated prioritization (dealer, priority #, supply, geographic distribution, etc)

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who knew a black painted roof would cause so much frustration
the problem is they don't paint it during assembly, they do it AFTER. So it has to go to the "rework" shed. And apparently the units/hr of that operation is so bad it puts a major crimp on thruput. IMO Ford needs to break out the black roof into a separate SKU.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I beg to differ on the $1000 part. Maybe for one or a few of those, but definitely not all of them...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
First off guys stop listening/responing to Matt (@shogun32 ) He just like to stir the pot. :giggle:

Secondly @Bethstang, there is nothing wrong with venting but being proactive might get you further. How many conversations have you had with your dealer? If you haven't gotten an answer from them then the answer to my question is "not enough". You need to hound then until you get an answer. Also how many times have you called Ford? Maybe there is an issue, maybe not but you have to get an answer. Push, push, push until you do do.

Lastly, make sure you get exactly what you want. As you are custom ordering your car not doing so will cause you to have buyers remorse for as long as you own it. You can trust me on that one.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
I’ve got Nite Pony on a shadow black car. I love blacked-out cars. Living in Utah, it’s gonna cook me alive during the summer, but that’s the price I pay for a sexy car.

im curious why the black roof is holding back all the Nite Pony pkg cars. Especially with black paint being so abundant, and the plant not having an issue painting the full car black.

Someone mentioned that it could be that the roof panels are painted separately and installed after the rest of the car is painted. I can definitely see that being possible, but if they can paint the full car, why can’t they paint roof panels? If they’re short on roof panels, why aren’t all the hardtops delayed?

Im half certain there’s another piece that’s in short supply and the plant notes simply list the roof instead of whatever else it is. I don’t work at the plant, so I have no clue what’s going through their minds over there.
Sponsored