• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Z06, GR Corolla, Formerly 2015 mustang gt
Hey guys this is Jack with SavageGeese reaching out to the Mustang 7g community as a whole.

Ford was kind enough to give us the opportunity to put together a documentary style film on the development/engineering that went into the Mustang Dark horse. So in our video you’ll be hearing directly from the engineers and designers who put together the dark horse. There will also be a track drive and a shop segment where we walk you through the entire chassis of the dark horse with a senior Vehicle dynamics engineer.

As we spend the next week or so editing together the video are there any specific questions you want answered about the car? Video will be out next tues when embargo lifts. I have also attached some stills from the upcoming project.

S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Docu-Film by Savagegeese Incoming. Any Questions? 7

S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Docu-Film by Savagegeese Incoming. Any Questions? 6

S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Docu-Film by Savagegeese Incoming. Any Questions? 4

S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Docu-Film by Savagegeese Incoming. Any Questions? 3

S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Docu-Film by Savagegeese Incoming. Any Questions? 1

S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Docu-Film by Savagegeese Incoming. Any Questions? 2

S650 Mustang Mustang Dark Horse Docu-Film by Savagegeese Incoming. Any Questions? 9
Sponsored

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
here's a question i've had since the colors were released, why does the Dark Horse not get Splash Yellow when it has other bright colors like Race Red and Grabber Blue Metallic?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Awesome, I'm looking forward to it! You guys always put a lot of effort into your work, and it shows. The one thing I'd like to know--especially after seeing the GT driving impressions--is whether or not the steering on the Dark Horse is any better. Does it have any feedback at all? Can you feel the tires load up in the corners?

EDIT: I would also be interested to hear more about the brake by wire system on the car. My two previous Mustangs (03 Cobra and 2015 GTPP) both had excellent brake feel and I hope that this doesn't change with BBW.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
You got any great stills of the Blue Ember color in various lighting conditions?

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Jack, you absolute Gorilla. Thank you!

1) for the DH, were the engineers given a particular mission to redefine any particular driving aspect of the car relative to its unofficial, direct predecessor in the Mach 1? And if so, what kind of materials or development creativity were they given?

2) the S650 is a clearly a challenging product given the current regulatory environment. To introduce another “new generation” is to commit at least another 5-7+ years of production, I would imagine. Given the nature of fleet emissions/efficiency averages, do they intend on running a different cadence of upcoming model rollouts? Perhaps shorter intervals for upcoming releases? Room for more efficient power trains if need be?

3) troll question but hoping we can just get an admittance of the obvious here: why restrict the Tremec TR3060 to the DH? Was customer feedback not vocal enough to warrant the costs?

4) do they expect a higher take rate of DHs to GTs given recent reviews inferring that the GT’s main driving point, its steering, seems to be tuned towards spirited boulevardeiring and low-exhaustion cruising as opposed to canyon/track runs (which has been the case, but seems more so based on commentary regarding the overboosted EPAS levels)? Because the price of a GT, PP, magride, and exhaust is becoming heinously close to the entry point of a DH.

Love you guys.

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, I'm looking forward to it! You guys always put a lot of effort into your work, and it shows. The one thing I'd like to know--especially after seeing the GT driving impressions--is whether or not the steering on the Dark Horse is any better. Does it have any feedback at all? Can you feel the tires load up in the corners?

EDIT: I would also be interested to hear more about the brake by wire system on the car. My two previous Mustangs (03 Cobra and 2015 GTPP) both had excellent brake feel and I hope that this doesn't change with BBW.
I cant talk about driving impressions yet. But the physical brake system is not brake by wire, the system has a electronic brake booster which allows them to change the brake distribution on the fly. Essentially helping with trail braking etc.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Forgive me if already discussed. Structural integrity differences. Interchangeably of various ‘go fast’ parts.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
If you have any deep dive info on what differentiates the standard gen 4 coyote from the dark horse coyote and why they made those changes I would be interested in hearing it.

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
  • Recent reviews have compared the GT coupe to that of a Mach 1. What is the differentiating factor between the GT and the Dark Horse that would make the DH a better car?
  • Will colors offered on the S550 (Eruption Green, Mischevious Purple, Grabber Yellow, Grabber Lime, and Twister Orange to name my favorites) be offered on the S650?
  • Will we see an expanded color palette for the Dark Horse?
  • You probably can't talk about this one but I'll shoot out there anyway - if another Hi-Prf model comes out in the futute - say, a Shelby or the rumored GT3 - will the Dark Horse be eliminated from the trim levels or will it remain?

Lidsoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Darkhorse #0627
I and lots of others have heard the DarkHorse has it’s own unique chassis tuning. Is this trying to push past the GT350 or in between that and a Mach 1?

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I and lots of others have heard the DarkHorse has it’s own unique chassis tuning. Is this trying to push past the GT350 or in between that and a Mach 1?
Its a evolution of Mach one. Gt350/ gt350r is a more hardcore car than this or the mach one.

OP
OP
Savagegeese Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Recent reviews have compared the GT coupe to that of a Mach 1. What is the differentiating factor between the GT and the Dark Horse that would make the DH a better car?
  • Will colors offered on the S550 (Eruption Green, Mischevious Purple, Grabber Yellow, Grabber Lime, and Twister Orange to name my favorites) be offered on the S650?
  • Will we see an expanded color palette for the Dark Horse?
  • You probably can't talk about this one but I'll shoot out there anyway - if another Hi-Prf model comes out in the futute - say, a Shelby or the rumored GT3 - will the Dark Horse be eliminated from the trim levels or will it remain?
Cant speak to future or colors. But the hardware vs the gt is pretty different. Coolers(trans and diff), internals for the 5.0 get a going over(pistons from the 5.2) and entirely different suspension tuning. Not to mention the tremec gearbox. This car is essentially the successor to the Mach one. Which means its the highest performing version of the mustang not developed by ford performance

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
Hi, Jack (Z06 Guy :cool: ) - I'd like to hear more about the following

* steering system hardware changes (solid rod rather than multi-part linkage with rubber dampier)
* tire tuning performance, especially as compared to the Michelin Pilot Sport variants
* exhaust sound tuning (resonator and muffler internals) as compared to S550 Mach 1
* brake cooling (similar or updated from S550 Mach 1)
* front suspension mounting point changes
* relationship of street car to race variants (GT3, GT4, Dark Horse R, Dark Horse S) especially with regards to cooling, braking, chassis differences (only additional seam welding?)

Thanks!

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
Given that the DH could be seen as a natural replacement for Mach1 or GT350 owners, what does the DH offer mechanically and performance wise that the Mach1 and GT350 do not have?

LCDRChemEng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BE DH Premium A10
Hey guys this is Jack with SavageGeese reaching out to the Mustang 7g community as a whole.

Ford was kind enough to give us the opportunity to put together a documentary style film on the development/engineering that went into the Mustang Dark horse. So in our video you’ll be hearing directly from the engineers and designers who put together the dark horse. There will also be a track drive and a shop segment where we walk you through the entire chassis of the dark horse with a senior Vehicle dynamics engineer.

As we spend the next week or so editing together the video are there any specific questions you want answered about the car? Video will be out next tues when embargo lifts. I have also attached some stills from the upcoming project.

7.jpeg

6.jpeg

4.jpeg

3.jpeg

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

9.jpeg
Thanks for the effort and the offer...
Q1: is track training for DH owners a possibility?
Q2: why 2 tablets on the dash vs traditional gauges? Is that driven by integration, logistics, or trying to appeal to a specific target audience?
Sponsored