• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Buyers Remorse on Dark Horse | Car now Scheduled for 22May2023 Built

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
For all those miserable types out there that love to endlessly moan and complain, Bill has you covered! :like:

Sponsored

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
think a lot of people may not realize that the optional B&O sound system (previously part of the Elite Package) now comes standard on the DH.
Well when it's a sh*t system they've been ripping people for 7 years it's about damn time they "gift" the consumer a small token.

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango
When I spec'd out a comparable 2023 ZL1 it came out to around $5,000-7,000 more than the Dark Horse. Granted, with that extra horsepower. But I'm definitely ok getting a BRAND NEW performance line, 2024 for a good chunk less than the Camaro.

The 2022 GT500 is also base price $8,000 more than my 2024 DH with handling, appearance, 700A ($68k vs $76k) and that's before adding the handling and technology package for another $4k, so $12k difference before taxes and fees seems reasonable to me.

One huge factor for me is my personal driving preference, the 6 speed manual. If gt500 offered one, then I'd definitely find the extra cash to make the jump.
100% my thoughts too!

phantom214

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Agree. Ford did nothing on the tech side of any value...they added some glued on iPad screens that I guess are cool if you are going to sit and play the latest Halo in your car. No PDR, no heads up, no camera...everything you just rattled off. This tech refresh everyone is praising is rubbish at best. I think it is a step back due to the assbackwards placement.

Shelby brake package is nice from a looks standpoint...the Mach 1 team said they were not really necessary for track work and track reviews have borne that out. Let's face it...they held stuff off the mach 1 to have a selling point for DH/S650. I absolutely think the dual intake 5.0 was headed to the Mach 1 but was held off because emissions are getting so restrictive they had no other option. The DH really wouldn't sell if it had the same power plant as the outgoing top of the line S550 5.0. Especially if this shit interior upgrade is all they had to lean on.
What I don't understand is for the same price, how GM can put diff coolers, trans coolers, eLSD, HUD, +etc in Camaro ss 1le while ford put none of these in GT pp1 for the same price.

I kinda expected that Ford would add Diff coolers / Trans coolers in S650 since there were cooling issues in S550, and what suprised me was that there are still NONE of these.

Ford should've added at least HUD instead of stupid drift brakes. I mean, isn't mustang alreday notorious for spinning itself?

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
What I don't understand is for the same price, how GM can put diff coolers, trans coolers, eLSD, HUD, +etc in Camaro ss 1le while ford put none of these in GT pp1 for the same price.

I kinda expected that Ford would add Diff coolers / Trans coolers in S650 since there were cooling issues in S550, and what suprised me was that there are still NONE of these.

Ford should've added at least HUD instead of stupid drift brakes. I mean, isn't mustang alreday notorious for spinning itself?
HUD would be nice. Definitely would've used EVERY time I got in the car.

And LOL for mustangs spinning themselves without the drift brake. Still gonna do stupid things with it though (in a huge, empty, flat, parking lot)

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375

Ford can be eternally grateful that GM didn't fix the main Camaro issues of poor visibility, trunk space, and interior. Boggles my mind that GM never addressed that with a redesign as they already have the better platform. It would have provided for a lot more sales I think. Pretty much every auto journalist/review mentioned the same issues for years and years.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Here is my take the mustang GT isn’t too bad price wise even loaded and while i love the dark horse and the fact we got a new performance badge. I don’t see them really holding long term value because it’s a lot like the this last mach 1 just an updated/massaged mustang gt. And the sales numbers show it, so while i like the dark horse i see them sitting around alot and even potentially getting discounts. It’s a hard sell for 500hp and 80k fully loaded for a mustang

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
having owned a number of Camaro’s last two being a 2022 ZL1 Manual and a 2022 2SS 1LE being 6’2 and 195 lbs I never had an issue with visibility or fit or comfort. I got tired of rowing gears and the SS was orange and grew tired of the color I dumped them both when market was high … glad I did as they would be a terrible sell now 🙄

Ford can be eternally grateful that GM didn't fix the main Camaro issues of poor visibility, trunk space, and interior. Boggles my mind that GM never addressed that with a redesign as they already have the better platform. It would have provided for a lot more sales I think. Pretty much every auto journalist/review mentioned the same issues for years and years.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
K2375
having owned a number of Camaro’s last two being a 2022 ZL1 Manual and a 2022 2SS 1LE being 6’2 and 195 lbs I never had an issue with visibility or fit or comfort. I got tired of rowing gears and the SS was orange and grew tired of the color I dumped them both when market was high … glad I did as they would be a terrible sell now 🙄
Good it worked out for you! I'm only 6'0 and felt like in a submarine :crackup:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Good it worked out for you! I'm only 6'0 and felt like in a submarine :crackup:
at 5'10 I have to agree. Even with the seat all the way up so there 2-3 fingers between my noggin' and the ceiling the belt-line was above my shoulder. Periscope UP! Or I felt like whipping out the "confirm our range to target. One ping. One ping only" every time I wanted to do a lane change.

I found it was least nerve wracking to just drive faster than surroundings (like I do on 2 wheels) so nobody was just sitting unobserved in a blind spot.

akfinfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang Dark Horse - 17' Charger - 17' Ram 1500
Here is my take the mustang GT isn’t too bad price wise even loaded and while i love the dark horse and the fact we got a new performance badge. I don’t see them really holding long term value because it’s a lot like the this last mach 1 just an updated/massaged mustang gt. And the sales numbers show it, so while i like the dark horse i see them sitting around alot and even potentially getting discounts. It’s a hard sell for 500hp and 80k fully loaded for a mustang
We shall see.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
So a well optioned 500HP muscle car for $70K isn’t bad considering Dodge gets $65K for an OLD SCHOOL (hasn’t seen an update since the Moon landing) scat pack Challenger TUG BOAT, with the same Blah Auto tranny since recorded time began. I just don’t see a problem with their price point.

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
Is the D/H over priced? that is up to the customers. But that said this forum is a bad place to get an honest feel for it. As most on here see no problem with paying ATM'S and such. That the normal run of the mill vehicle buyer would not stand for.
To me. A new (sic) model first production year is off the table anyways . Learned decades ago that first year models are a migraine waiting to happen. That and yoyos willing to pay extra to be the first seen in one makes the 2024 off the table.
I think by 2025/26 the D/H will either be dead or priced a lot lower because the outlook of the state of the economy, local,nationally, and world are not looking good.
The Auto industry learned a lot in 2020-2021. People will still buy and pay dearly to get what they want. The new normal is to project the ideal of limited supply, this way they make 10 times what they used to per unit moved. It is the new marketing, project low supply so we can swell the margins.
It tis the new , big big lie.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
I just think you buy the car you like. You don't need carbon wheels or the stupid paint. So 70k is alot but they also made the engine stronger than the GT. So let's say you boost it.. well it shouldn't go boom quick one would hope. Also you can get a c8 with nothing but the car no nother added for 66k plus markups. A fully loaded c8 cost 100k plus then tack on the markups. Heck even kias are costing 60 to 70k lol.. or a supra. The world we live in, everything is increased now. That's just the world we are in now and it will only get worse with EV cars. Imagine your battery car only realistically getting 250 mile real driving or less and the battery breaks. That's basically 20-50k to replace it. Lol ik some people in my areas who had them break. So 70k for a mechanical car you can fix and do stuff to is not bad sadly. The real issue is that our country won't pay workers more job wise to offset inflation. Greedy companies.

raptor5244

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 CT4-V Blackwing
I just think you buy the car you like. You don't need carbon wheels or the stupid paint. So 70k is alot but they also made the engine stronger than the GT. So let's say you boost it.. well it shouldn't go boom quick one would hope. Also you can get a c8 with nothing but the car no nother added for 66k plus markups. A fully loaded c8 cost 100k plus then tack on the markups. Heck even kias are costing 60 to 70k lol.. or a supra. The world we live in, everything is increased now. That's just the world we are in now and it will only get worse with EV cars. Imagine your battery car only realistically getting 250 mile real driving or less and the battery breaks. That's basically 20-50k to replace it. Lol ik some people in my areas who had them break. So 70k for a mechanical car you can fix and do stuff to is not bad sadly. The real issue is that our country won't pay workers more job wise to offset inflation. Greedy companies.
I hear you and I am not advocating for EVs but keep in mind that they come with at least an 8 year/100,000 mile warranty on the battery and drive units. Also, EV batteries don't cost $50k. A Coyote 5.0 crate engine is about $10k, add in a transmission and you are about the price of a new 75kWh battery.

https://www.recurrentauto.com/research/tesla-battery-replacement-costs

S650 Mustang Buyers Remorse on Dark Horse | Car now Scheduled for 22May2023 Built Screenshot 2023-04-08 at 5.09.59 PM
Sponsored