• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
Honestly, I think truly autonomous self driving is much further out than many may think (despite what Elon Musk keeps saying). The issue will come down to liability.
I'm not saying it will be ready for prime time, I'm saying the powers that be seem to be on their own mission these days to do whatever the heck they want. And they seem to want it. Right/wrong, legal/not legal do not seem to matter much anymore. Hence why I think we are getting it and the numbers will be spun that it is safer, even if it is not.
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Coming from a base 2016 GT, this is a big step up in the electronics department. I really hope they have an option for premium tech with cloth seats though. As always, I'll be prioritizing performance over luxuries
I would expect that you could get the upgrade with the cloth seats, in the same way you can get the 301A package now.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I would expect that you could get the upgrade with the cloth seats, in the same way you can get the 301A package now.
That's what I'm hoping for. That was the sweet spot to me. Plus I like the way cloth seats keep their shape and don't get hot in the summer

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe
I'm thinking Ford is pandering to the younger generations that have grown up with IPads, and smartphones surgically attached to there hands. You know the ones I mean, the ones that can't afford to buy a Mustang yet. Ford seems to have lost it's way since Farley took over.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
I'm thinking Ford is pandering to the younger generations that have grown up with IPads, and smartphones surgically attached to there hands. You know the ones I mean, the ones that can't afford to buy a Mustang yet. Ford seems to have lost it's way since Farley took over.
It‘s not just Ford, I’ve seen other models across different car makes that do the whole “tablet glued to the dash” look, but I recall those models being mostly suvs. Just disappointed they couldn’t think of a way to make it integrated into the dash.

Aside from me not being a fan of those tablet screen, my next hope would be an option to get heated cloth seats through an optional package on the non-premium trim. Camaro and Challenger have this option and have had it for a very long time. I’m not expecting it to be there cause Ford can’t seem to fathom adding in small stuff like that, but I can hope.

llinthicum1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang
I'll have to see the dash in person before making final verdict. But, based on pictures, I don't mind the new design although it would have looked better if the screens had been integrated more into the dash. Got to remember by 2030 or whenever the next generation Mustang comes online, it will be electric and this will be the typical dash layout. I would also say it looks much better than the Mach-e dash.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I do not think so Mike. 301A is Sync to Sync 3. I liken the upgraded screen to the digital dash on the 401A. There may be a 301A but since Sync 4 will be standard on 300A I do not see a entire dash upgrade there. I hope I'm wrong.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Oh, so wrong with Farley. He's a car guy and if the V8 survives it will be because of him. Also digital dashes are across all brands and vehicle types. Really has little to do with young kids that cannot afford a Mustang.

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Interesting, so you mean to say ford didn't go out of their way to make a dash that "nobody" likes? Unfathomable

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
That's what I'm hoping for. That was the sweet spot to me. Plus I like the way cloth seats keep their shape and don't get hot in the summer
I’m holding out that we get heat for the 301a equivalent.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Also digital dashes are across all brands and vehicle types.
because the car industry is just monkey see, monkey do. Like 'tech' and 'fashion' or 'cosmetics' and 'pharma' they are scrambling like mad to find the next big 'bang' that will entice buyers to part with their money. It's never acceptable to leave something that works, the hell alone. It's the hamster wheel of pointless "innovation" for innovation sake. Doesn't matter if there is no actual benefit. The "value" is simply that it's different.

I'll grant you the soccer moms wanted GPS, but did they also want the whole touch-screen experience too? Being a white 50yr old male I will say with all my socially bestowed wisdom and conviction, that no, they did not. But they weren't strong enough to tell Marketing and Design to join the lawyers at the bottom of the ocean. So it kept snowballing. And anyway if all you do is listen to 1 radio station and the kids have got their phones streaming TikToks to their headphones, will you notice that you can't change the channel in the dark because the contact bar is unlit? Nope.

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
because the car industry is just monkey see, monkey do. Like 'tech' and 'fashion' or 'cosmetics' and 'pharma' they are scrambling like mad to find the next big 'bang' that will entice buyers to part with their money. It's never acceptable to leave something that works, the hell alone. It's the hamster wheel of pointless "innovation" for innovation sake. Doesn't matter if there is no actual benefit. The "value" is simply that it's different.

I'll grant you the soccer moms wanted GPS, but did they also want the whole touch-screen experience too? Being a white 50yr old male I will say with all my socially bestowed wisdom and conviction, that no, they did not. But they weren't strong enough to tell Marketing and Design to join the lawyers at the bottom of the ocean. So it kept snowballing. And anyway if all you do is listen to 1 radio station and the kids have got their phones streaming TikToks to their headphones, will you notice that you can't change the channel in the dark because the contact bar is unlit? Nope.
A lot to agree with here but one thing that really resonated with me is the last part. A lot of extra "features" that are regressive in user experience gets completely overlooked because it's something the user barely touches, if at all.

Not exactly the same for people around me, but like the in car gps, most everyone I know that has it uses their phones because it's more up to date and has real time traffic. It's just another box to check saying, we have that too. Would be nice to be able to have more granular selection of features like that.

Zcarmenb28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Camaro ZL1, 22 Supra 3.0
There’s no doubt that this is tacky interior design. Aside from the cheap plastics, that may or may not be in the production spec., The lack of flow with the dash, gauge cluster, infotainment, and not being integrated at all. It’s just plain bad and lazy design.

This design caters to tech people who think more screen is better! Without realizing that they are less user-friendly to operate while driving, and there’s no semblance of integration into the interior design. This dual screen and the premium mono screen is just bad design.
Sponsored