• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If you have long legs (with average-length arms) and have to move the driver's seat all the way to the rear position to drive the S650, how difficult would it be to safely operate the info screen? That is the position the way I drive my Mustang and I have a tough time changing the settings on my Shaker 500 radio while driving.
I would image not that different from what the S550 is. The dashboard is designed to be useful for the majority of drivers. If you need to be all the way back, then you’re going to have to reach.
Sponsored

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, cobra roadsters, Shelby Mustangs
All they had to do was make the S550 LCD gauges a little larger and freshen them, then do the same with the infotainment unit. I love well done digital gauges. I plan on upgrading to the LCD gauges in my '19 pp2. But these... wow. I cant believe a whole group of people decided "yeah, lets go with that." These gauges make me wish I was involved in the focus groups.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
These gauges make me wish I was involved in the focus groups.
Understandable. But it's what Ford wants us to want (because cost reduction/move to autonomous/EVs whatever) and they'll have a strategy to convince us it's a good thing. They wouldn't be the first company to skew the focus group questions in favour of their preferred outcome so they can say 'in light of feedback', and they'll also know the focus group demographic that will give them that outcome. Unfortunately they're much better at manipulating our consumer brains than we are.

I'm hoping that after I sit in an S650 a few times I don't know how I did without it, and arrive at that position in the absence of any marketing bs from Ford. Or maybe it's a dog's breakfast and Ford simply screwed the pooch.

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
This is what the Chinese-made Ford Edge looks like. They have split screens as well but the info screen is a tablet.

chinese Exploxer.jpg
I wonder if the mid-cycle refresh in a couple of years will do an attempt at fixing the ergonomics and esthetic of the current S650 dash. Or we’re stuck with it till the next gen in 6-7 years.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
I wonder if the mid-cycle refresh in a couple of years will do an attempt at fixing the ergonomics and esthetic of the current S650 dash. ...
From your mouth to God's ears (or Ford's), I hope.

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost High Perf Pack w/ Handling Pack
Well, I definitely prefer the single larger screen in the Premium trim, but I guess this is better than the tiny 4" display in the current base S550 :like:
Yeah, but, at least I was able to avoid the 4" screen with the 101A package. s650 101A is still on the shitty screens.

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kind of shocking how it was even cost effective to have different screens. But regardless it looks terrible in my opion.
Well, even the premium is "two different screens", it just has a black chunk of plastic that makes them APPEAR to be one piece; they really aren't.

Last edited:

Slackaveli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both vehicles I am looking at (S650 and M240i xDrive) have the large tablet display. Doesn't really bother me at all. The BMW, at least, has thinner bezels.
Considering you already have a dope '21 GT, just get the Bimmer and call it a day.

rubbertoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am glad this is my first Mustang. I got a base model that happened to have active exhaust and manual transmission. Since I don't know any better is is hard to hate on the interior and dashboard.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Some brotherly ribbing here.... so please dont get too mad- but in 10 years y'all graphics on your dashes going to look like this...sorry had to do it....you all know I love you lol

S650 Mustang Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time. 1707963316673

OP
OP
MustangMac67

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Some brotherly ribbing here.... so please dont get too mad- but in 10 years y'all graphics on your dashes going to look like this...sorry had to do it....you all know I love you lol

1707963316673.png
Lol. For a second I thought that was an ad.
Sponsored