• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

I got to drive a S650 for the first time recently.. I'm underwhelmed

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I am not a Challenger guy as I like all cars that are fun to drive practical and still barely affordable like Mustangs , (Camaros) , (Challengers) , BMWs and Porsches and even the Audi inline 5s because they sound great and AMG V8’s 👍 As such I share the sentiment with the original poster and tried to point out where the problems lies as the S650 still being the same old car with the same old heavy chassis and the engine in dire need of some more displacement to give it more Torque that makes V8 so much fun besides the beautiful music they make with a 90 degree crank…I hate flat plane cranks as they dont sound sweet.And for the touchscreens inside showing wear or paw prints 🐾 that is a step in the wrong direction not only Ford can be accused of…I hope this is a fad that will be gone quick because these screens without real buttons will really suck when they turn dark the day the warranty expires or it says all when people say the best they like about the screen is that they show Fox body gauges…🤣A hint to Ford as also the lighter weight that made the little 302 feel strong and the few with the 5.8 even stronger 👍
Sponsored

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
The s650 is total pile of junk and most horrible car ever built in the history of cars #historychannel

ford needs to put on the Red Bull RB19 chassis #gokart …….then add a top fuel motor #moretorque ……then lower the weight by 3000 pounds #elephant

then when challenger guy buy he can ask Ford to add on widebody kit to lose weight and then sue Ford because all the women running to his door are ruining his sidewalk #homeimprovement

maybe too Ford can add Ram logo and make option to cover up half Mustang windows to make Camaro and Dodge feel more at home #tapredshoes

almost forgot. Ford needs lower price by 50k so same as new fox body price #backtothefuture

only way they saving s650. .

I feel really bad for anyone who bought this disappointment of a car #dontmeetyourheros
ROTF! I think you and I would get along well over a barley pop or three ... 😆

GripTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse, 2006 Mustang GT
The 650 has more than enough power and is probably the best combo of power and comfort I’ve owned.
This is what I have been most amazed by. The power comfort combo. And I will add handling to that as well. The enthusiasts crowd at large will likely never understand this or get this and that's ok. I can't really think of another car that resembles the combo. If the aftermarket kicks in and allows people to mod the car to make it more raw, you will have yet another winner from Ford. Meaning out the box great, or mod it to your specific tastes.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
This is what I have been most amazed by. The power comfort combo. And I will add handling to that as well. The enthusiasts crowd at large will likely never understand this or get this and that's ok. I can't really think of another car that resembles the combo. If the aftermarket kicks in and allows people to mod the car to make it more raw, you will have yet another winner from Ford. Meaning out the box great, or mod it to your specific tastes.
👍 yes handling also. I know there are other cars that have power and comfort like some bmw’s and other makes but not for the price. I’ve had my share of stiff suspension rides and family cars that rode like you were on a cloud but my body cant take the stiff rides very long and when I hit the gas I want to move.

Maybe if Ford put out a Grand Marquis with a supercharged 5.0🤔🤔🤔. I always liked how those rode but dog crap slow

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
👍 yes handling also. I know there are other cars that have power and comfort like some bmw’s and other makes but not for the price. I’ve had my share of stiff suspension rides and family cars that rode like you were on a cloud but my body cant take the stiff rides very long and when I hit the gas I want to move.

Maybe if Ford put out a Grand Marquis with a supercharged 5.0🤔🤔🤔. I always liked how those rode but dog crap slow
You can have ride comfort and good handling. A few car makers have worked it out, but many haven't

OP
OP
Apeman

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
OP I genuinely feel the same way, I was absolutely underwhelmed by the S650 yet was super excited for it when it came out. The value for the money just isn't there. I'm glad it is still around but I don't see much difference besides a worse interior design, stuck on tablet screens and missing pieces on the back end (deck lid panel). I'll hold out for a Shelby version but not holding my breath on that one.
I'm thinking I'll be grabbing one of the 60th anniversary ones 2nd hand, maybe 3 or 5 years down the road. Good luck on your Shelby, somehow I don't think the new Super Snake is gonna be it
Sponsored