• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So, I got to drive a Dark Horse today

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It's great to have the freedom to choose, isn't it, @OppoLock? :thumbsup:
It is, just wish the options were tweaked šŸ˜‚

Oh well, all I can do is continue to lurk and hope they make some thoughtful heavy tweaks come midcycle
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Maybe tremec couldnā€™t produce enoughā€¦ perhaps through the Camaro elimination now they will have more capacity on a future product.

just donā€™t cry when a GT is 5k more for bare bones.. people already have a tough time at the current price structure.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Maybe tremec couldnā€™t produce enoughā€¦ perhaps through the Camaro elimination now they will have more capacity on a future product.

just donā€™t cry when a GT is 5k more for bare bones.. people already have a tough time at the current price structure.
I'm betting the cost of the TREMAC would have simply pushed the price of the GT higher, and Ford didn't want to price out those who either didn't know the difference or didn't care.

Honestly, the number of people who chose to NOT buy a GT because of the MT82 instead of the TREMEC was/is probably a very small number compared to those who bought a GT with the MT82 at the lower price point.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Honestly if I were to buy a GT instead of a Dark Horse Iā€™d probably go A10ā€¦ whippleā€¦bigs and littlesā€¦some weight reductionā€¦ Dark Horse Iā€™d go more towards a handling set up and would get the manualā€¦

I donā€™t think I would go manual in a GT

But thatā€™s just me lol

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Honestly if I were to buy a GT instead of a Dark Horse Iā€™d probably go A10ā€¦ whippleā€¦bigs and littlesā€¦some weight reductionā€¦ Dark Horse Iā€™d go more towards a handling set up and would get the manualā€¦

I donā€™t think I would go manual in a GT

But thatā€™s just me lol
I think only reason to buy a DH is to get the Tremec which should be stock on all 5.0ā€™s as also the additional coolers for trans and diff as uf you go A10 it will still overheat on trackdaysā€¦But 10 grand for tremec and a few oil coolers and forged rods is rich considering Chevy got 7 grand for the 1LE package that included also Recaros and electronic rear diff !
Sponsored