• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 first drive reviews

CT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Hello all. First time poster with a DH on order. Starting to watch some of these first drive reviews of the 5.0 GTs, I am a little concerned with the feedback on the steering. Sounds like it’s quicker but too light. Makes it really hard to “feel” the tires/road. I intend on using this car at the track. I’m just concerned the with chassis and steering capabilities now. Anyone else have the same fears, that the “track ability” of these cars is over estimated? Any chance the DH might be different? I have seen any driving reviews of that yet.

i haven’t owned a mustang since the 4.6 GT back in 2001. First car 😎

opinions appreciated.
Sponsored

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
No, if you’re tracking hold out for a ford performance model or s550 350R.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Not to be rude, but there is plenty of discussion about it on the other drive review thread. Not sure we need this thread with the same title to talk about a topic that already is being talked about in that thread.

OP
OP

CT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Well my question is specific to the steering. I’m not concerned with the many other questions people are asking about the reviews. If you have an opinion about the steering than chime in, RJV15. If not fee free to cruise the other threads

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Well my question is specific to the steering. I’m not concerned with the many other questions people are asking about the reviews. If you have an opinion about the steering than chime in, RJV15. If not fee free to cruise the other threads
If you got the handling package, it shouldn't be an issue. The front tires are significantly wider for one (305 vs 255)

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
So I guess the question is, besides any tuning we can speculate about but don' t know, would increasing the tire size by 50mm be enough load up the front end to overcome the boosted steering and provide more feedback?

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So I guess the question is, besides any tuning we can speculate about but don' t know, would increasing the tire size by 50mm be enough load up the front end to overcome the boosted steering and provide more feedback?
That was my question too. The reviews of the mach1 steering were full of praise, what are the differences between it and a GT steering wise? Just the tires or a completely different steering rack?

Hopefully some beefy tires and maybe some springs can bring my PP GT to life.
Sponsored