• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Are you paying the same now as you were in 1985? If you're paying more now, wouldn't that mean your rates have gone up?

I think what BlackFerret meant is that overall, insurance companies charge more to insure cars that have a history of higher claims, but they don't just raise the rates mid-contract, they usually do it on the next renewal, spread out over time. So you pay more than you used to, they just don't come and tell you they raised the rates for specific reasons.
So, no, the mustang is no more than, my Audi,or my jeep Rubicon reckon. As they get older they are less yet
Sponsored

Last edited:

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Canada at least Ontario vehicle insurance is based on several factors: new vs used, value of vehicle, age of driver, accident free, moving violations free, and also sport vs sedan, numbers of that vehicle stolen and more. The worst part I find rates normaly go up even tho the vehicle value depreciations each year.
They do go by all that and also credit rating is big influence. also,if you are married and even have kids. That’s why,you should always let them know if you get married or have a baby.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So, no, the mustang is no more than, my Audi,or my jeep Rubin reckon. As they get older they are less yet
Thanks, adding the vehicle comparisons helps clarify your views on the costs.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, adding the vehicle comparisons helps clarify your views on the costs.
The Audi was about the same as my mustang, but you have to remember we are old. Lol. The rubicon my husband just said was not quite $300 every 6 mos it was $48000 new in 2018, my Audi was 63,000 in November 2021 and the mustang was 63,000. I need to learn to keep my cars longer. Lol
I am thinking a new Jeep Wrangler Rubicon? If so, I know that hurts on the insurance even with no tickets or accidents. We bought one in 2021, and wow!
it was less than we are paying for the mustang.

S650 Mustang First crashed S650 IMG_0472

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
We should put a drift brake in a production vehicle lol
Definitely the worst idea they had with this car in my opinion…
Should’ve stuck to the original handbreak for all…
Like who actually buys a Mustang for drifting, like 1% if even ?
This is gonna cause a lot of rims being f-ed up, and parking crashes… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Anybody using Ford’s insurance that tracks your driving for discounts? 😂
S650 Mustang First crashed S650 IMG_8499

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody using Ford’s insurance that tracks your driving for discounts? 😂
IMG_8499.jpg
Not me. Ours with our age is not that bad anyway, it’s under 400 every six months. And I don’t want anybody tracking me anywhere anyhow.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Coupe- Magnetic
Driver is in his 70’s, wrecked this car on the way home from dealership an hour after purchasing. It’s totalled with 35 miles on the odometer.

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Looks like somebody bought a hot car and didn't have the experience to handle it. This one is 2.5 times the power of my old one so I am being pretty careful with it.
On the bright side, it just looks like the car hung up on the curb and probably has minimal damage.
That’s not a 2 way road. That mustang came over the median, and look at the amount of curb and cement it had to go over. That car most likely has a ton of frame damage.
Sponsored