• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I just learned that the Dark Horse comes with 2 piece rotors up front.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Here is another video of the new Stang in Oxford White

guzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350
I just learned that the Dark Horse comes with 2 piece rotors up front.
That’s a given since it’s the same setup they have had in the GT350 and the GT500, which had a bit larger discs. 6 piston front, 4 piston rear with 2 piece rotors is not new to Mustang.

Last edited:

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Two-piece rotors, not calipers.

Those two-piece rotors are the same design and construction as the GT350 and GT500. The six-piston front calipers are the same or similar design as the GTPP, Bullitt, and Mach 1 with regard to attachment points and caliper body stiffening/reinforcement bridge across the top of the the caliper.

Tursey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 525
Two-piece rotors, not calipers.

Those two-piece rotors are the same design and construction as the GT350 and GT500. The six-piston front calipers are the same or similar design as the GTPP, Bullitt, and Mach 1 with regard to attachment points and caliper body stiffening/reinforcement bridge across the top of the the caliper.
Does the GT premium with Handling package also have the 2 piece rotors?

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Post them up!

Sound is too low in first video.

Dork Horse in the second video. Get some better shoes if you gonna kick your leg up. Can't speak very well and not tech savvy.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
Incredible how many improvements are in the new Mustang. I can see a lot of Mustangs being traded in on the 2024 Mustang.
Not if you are smart. Car market predicted to go down in fall. New cars on lots went from 12 to 37 days. So much tech, wait for 2nd year.

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I was replying in another thread about how these are PP builds vs TT that we have seen here
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...-blue-mustang-s650-thread.156479/post-3203514

also, the Recaro seats are different, I'm assuming 600A vs 700A here

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/th...-blue-mustang-s650-thread.156479/post-3203511
It is still crazy to me how much different my Dark Horse may actually be compared to what the order guide was telling me when I ordered. I guess Ford put out the order guide before they decided what was actually going to be included in different packages?

For instance:
-Order guide states that performance front aero front splitter is standard and to be installed by the dealer. The videos from New York state that only the handling package gets the front splitter.
-Front Tow Hooks are listed as standard, however the video (I think) stated that they are only included with the handling package.
-The aero around the wheel wells is not listed at all on the order guide, but was stated it is part of the handling package in the videos.
-I have seen no guidance as to what is included in the 700a color accented seats and what is different about them as compared to the 600a.

Maybe we will learn this in time as more access is granted.

It would be nice to get a document with everything included or explained.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang Coupe
Not if you are smart. Car market predicted to go down in fall. New cars on lots went from 12 to 37 days. So much tech, wait for 2nd year.
That.

After the initial "I'll pay anything" crowd does their thing, the lots are gonna be full of Mustangs by years end. I'd put money on massively good deals (zero % financing etc) in year two. The 650 doesn't bring enough to the table to justify the price. Fords only play will be to cut production (ala GMC and Chevy trucks) to pump the prices up.

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Does the GT premium with Handling package also have the 2 piece rotors?
I think so. The wording in the order guide has different descriptions of the GT Premium HP and the Dark Horse front brakes, but all the car show pics of the red GT convertible with the HP show the same front brakes as the Dark Horse, of course with the exception of the color.
Sponsored