• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

First Road Tests / First Reviews When?

Ando88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Any ideas when the magazines (C&D, R&T, etc) will get their hands on a GT and Dark Horse for road tests? I'd like to see the performance figures before I order a car. Also, I wonder if Ford will offer the Rear Seat delete option with the S650.
Sponsored

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Any ideas when the magazines (C&D, R&T, etc) will get their hands on a GT and Dark Horse for road tests? I'd like to see the performance figures before I order a car. Also, I wonder if Ford will offer the Rear Seat delete option with the S650.
Iā€™m with you. I want to order when the banks open. It would be nice to see one in action. We will see in the next 2-3 weeks if we start to get content. My guess is that all the reviewers will say it is a lot like the Mach 1.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm surprised as well. I'd have thought Ford would have already fed a 650 to at least a handful of reviewers to get some feedback posted and pique interest. Maybe they have a timeline, but we're just not there yet.

The Order Guide, as published now, does not list the RSD as an option.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
I think it is still a couple months away....I just hope they test BOTH the manuals and autos for each car.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
I'm sure they have and that they're just on a media embargo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Two owners from the Mustang Owners of South East Michigan group were invited along to a photo shoot for Motor Trend a few days back. From the photos, this appeared to be a static shoot in a warehouse (1x Fox Cobra, 1x SN95 and 1x Dark Horse). This will be in the June edition of MT by all accounts.

So I think it could well be Summer before we see the press get their driving impressions. Personally, I'm looking forward to Revan Evan's (Evan Smith) video review.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I hate when they only review manual cars and only post 1/4 and 0-60 times based on that

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature