• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time.

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Based on the input on the other comments posted so far, more folks are more interested in what's under the hood than what the cabin interior looks like. As long as one foot is on the gas, the other foot is on the 3rd pedal, and the car has a beautiful paint job, nothing else really matters.
I don't have a third pedal ... been there, done that; however ... Interior Looks Matter!
Sponsored

AussieBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nil
I'm at a point where I can say that there are no better infotainment controls than BMW's iDrive controller. I donā€™t dig these vertical screens at all but I also donā€™t see many improvements in putting buttons around that thingā€¦

A fitting seating position is when your wrist is comfortably resting on top of the wheel without your arm being fully stretched. In that position, assuming that most in here donā€™t sit in a Mustang like they sit on a chair, it is almost impossible to reach the screen at allā€¦ Maybe my arms are short but I would consider them average and I cannot comfortable reach the touchscreen. Therefore, buttons would help to use certain features more easily but at the end of the day I should be able to operate the system while my arm is resting on the armrest. The iDrive controller is hands down the best way to interact with the screens but unfortunately BMW is getting rid of them in cheaper cars such as 1 and 2 series and maybe the ā€œNeue Klasseā€ as well (3 series successor)ā€¦

I occasionally use the touchscreens in my car when I use Android Auto instead of BMWs system but only when Iā€™m standing or in light traffic. There is literally no way to safely operate a touchscreen while driving.
I haven't used the BMW system myself but after being on a road trip with a colleague in his X3 and having watched him navigate the BMW system using the iDrive controller I was impressed. I am disappointed they are getting rid of them as I thought it was one of the best implementations I had seen.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I haven't used the BMW system myself but after being on a road trip with a colleague in his X3 and having watched him navigate the BMW system using the iDrive controller I was impressed. I am disappointed they are getting rid of them as I thought it was one of the best implementations I had seen.
Interesting as when it was introduced in 2001 it was considered a total failure. Good to see that BMW improved it as the years went by.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I think the dual screens actually look REALLY good. That said, I prefer the screens in a single housing such as on the GT.

I THINK THE DUAL SCREENS ARE THE SAME ON THE BASE and the GT. BUT THE GT uses a singular housing to contain both screens to fool you into thinking itā€™s one big screen. Itā€™s not. Itā€™s two screens, just covered differently.

seems like it cost more to develop separate housings just to downgrade the base. But the base still looks great actually.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I really care about what the exterior of the Mustang looks like and what is under the hood , but most of my time is spent in the interior. So I want a good looking interior too. With the dual screen display I may be spending even more time in the interior playing with the dual screens.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
With this new S650 info screen, I wonder if it will kill the aftermarket stereo business?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The aftermarket stereo business is already well on its way to irrelevance and has been for years.
Ah, the good old days of Pioneer, Kenwood, Panasonic, & of course, Alpine. Heck I used to sell Technics car audio when I worked for Panasonic!

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, the good old days of Pioneer, Kenwood, Panasonic, & of course, Alpine. Heck I used to sell Technics car audio when I worked for Panasonic!
You are right. Pioneer and Kenwood are owned by the same company. Panasonic no longer sells car audio. Alpine is still going strong(mostly to foreign car manufacturers as a private brand). But sales of head units have been dropping significantly during the past two decades. A car audio installer informed me a couple of years ago, no wants to spend $1000 for a digital head unit anymore.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
You are right. Pioneer and Kenwood are owned by the same company. Panasonic no longer sells car audio. Alpine is still going strong(mostly to foreign car manufacturers as a private brand). But sales of head units have been dropping significantly during the past two decades. A car audio installer informed me a couple of years ago, no wants to spend $1000 for a digital head unit anymore.
One reason might be that all manufacturers upped their gameā€¦ The BMW H&K system is pretty damn good for ~$800. And the B&W systems and such in the luxury sedan segment are even better but they cost between $3000 and $6000.

Risking the warranty and putting in extra work isnā€™t sophisticating for most buyers. You would need a rich audio enthusiast, who is also a car enthusiast. Besides, only owned cars can be modified, which excludes most cars alreadyā€¦

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
One reason might be that all manufacturers upped their gameā€¦ The BMW H&K system is pretty damn good for ~$800. And the B&W systems and such in the luxury sedan segment are even better but they cost between $3000 and $6000.

Risking the warranty and putting in extra work isnā€™t sophisticating for most buyers. You would need a rich audio enthusiast, who is also a car enthusiast. Besides, only owned cars can be modified, which excludes most cars alreadyā€¦
Hereā€˜s a dirty little secret most people donā€™t know.
https://www.theautopian.com/the-open-secret-behind-most-premium-car-audio-systems/

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I was aware of some of the stuff in the article but didnā€™t know Harman/Samsung owned so many brands. However, Iā€™m not an expert in this segment but I always liked high quality audio. BMWā€™s H&K system is top notch for the price. Fords B&O in the Mustang is garbage. Mercedes Burmester is pretty much on pair with the H&K in my BMW ā€“ they just focus on different things. If you prefer a clean stage go for the Burmester. The H&K packs more of a punchā€¦ Personal preference rather than empirical evidence as always when talking about audio systems ;)

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was aware of some of the stuff in the article but didnā€™t know Harman/Samsung owned so many brands. However, Iā€™m not an expert in this segment but I always liked high quality audio. BMWā€™s H&K system is top notch for the price. Fords B&O in the Mustang is garbage. Mercedes Burmester is pretty much on pair with the H&K in my BMW ā€“ they just focus on different things. If you prefer a clean stage go for the Burmester. The H&K packs more of a punchā€¦ Personal preference rather than empirical evidence as always when talking about audio systems ;)
Ford (like other car companies) contracted a named brand audio company to design their audio component systems. Then the car manufacturer takes those specifications and hires an OEM audio supplier to build it. For many years, Bose Automotive has furnished stereo components to GM and other companies for their vehicles. The Bose system comes with a small subwoofer, a different head unit, and different speakers. It is NOT a high-powered system like most aftermarket ones available. So, the H&K; B&O: and Bose audio systems used in new vehicles are more styling points than anything else.
Sponsored