• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Base Interior Spied Up Close for the First Time.

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
I don't dislike it as much as I thought. I prefer the connected look more but this is much better than what previous base models included.

DarkHelmet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue SV & soon a Mustang GT
The separate screens look odd to me. 🤔 Definitely will get the premium trim.

OP
OP
MustangMac67

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Man the dash execution in this generation is horrible.
Notice how around the shifter, there is regular plastic like the rest of the interior? That makes me think that it is a place holder for chrome, which is standard around the shifter on all s550s If so, that means that the fit and finish of the production model will be better.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Notice how around the shifter, there is regular plastic like the rest of the interior? That makes me think that it is a place holder for chrome, which is standard around the shifter on all s550s If so, that means that the fit and finish of the production model will be better.
the screens specifically. They can add al the chrome they want. It won't fix those screens

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
After seeing this. And the premium screens. And people paying msrp for DH (lol). I just can't. The new mustang is so close to the old there's no point stomaching this design. The mach1 at discount pricing is happening.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
While this is not intended to be a "bash", however I just can't believe Ford is letting this new Mustang roll out with an absolute hideous dash cluster as seen in those images.

The placement of the displays and lack of any type of design element for a "dash" is just unbelievable at this stage.

To me, it just looks like (2) mobile tablets were stuck to the top of the dash... There's absolutely no design element or thought process into what COULD HAVE BEEN a much better dashboard for such an iconic vehicle like the Mustang.

If I were head of the Interior Design Team and that came to me as even a remote suggestion of a poor excuse of a dashboard, I would have said go back and start over...

I wish the dash was better, that actually looked like a dash that would be enjoyable to be behind while driving. Looking at (2) poorly positioned screens standing on end isn't my style of what should be in any sports car. I mean c'mon already.
Sponsored