• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AUTO STOP/START- Does your delivered GT have it?

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I’d gladly take a SS button over a cylinder cutoff on my Jeep. Exhaust sounds like crap when it cuts off and the only way to prevent it is to put the trans into manual mode, which I sometimes forget to take it out of at a light, then the light turns green and it’s instant redline while I panic to get to the paddles. Give me the button!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
So glad I ordered early and avoided the late availability :like:
I assumed Ford removed the button but still had it.

Thank God! Hate that feature on my 20 X5 and new 24 model removed the S/S button
altogether so to disable you will have to go Sport mode or 3 step navigating on screen like the GT will be. A Ludicrous pain in the ass! Should be a one time permanent disable like some cars past used to have.
From what I have seen. It is enabled at each starting cycle. If it does start being installed on GT's, just push the Start button to start the car, then immediately push the Auto S/S button right next to it each time you start the car. Like many things, after a while it will just become second nature.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I suppose the early bird does not get the proverbial worm in this case? You know the irony here, my Kia does not have a stop/start, but "late availability" Mustang GTs will; define upside down for me.

Last edited:

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Picked up my GT premium yesterday. No, it does not have it.
Correct, the auto stop start system (only in the automatic GTs) will take effect for those built after 1 Jan 24. Ford shot themselves in the foot on this one...it will turn off many future GT Automatic buyers...a real blunder in my opinion...it's nothing but an irritating system which is being forced upon the consumer. When Ford sees that the new GTs (automatics) aren't selling, they will lose lots of performance oriented customers. If they had provided a means to turn it off and not default to "on" every time you start the car, then they would have provided a means to allow YOU to decide if you want it or not. Just like the "lane assist" function...you can turn it off and it stays off.

Of course, if you do like it... while sitting at a stop light being very silent, you can look at the car next to you and mouth..."it's an EV and not a rip-roaring Mustang GT." LOL

Last edited:

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
FYI, It's showing on my Window Sticker and mine is a 6 Speed Manual, scheduled for production last week, but delayed
I'll just have to push 2 buttons each time I fire her up

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
As many others have said, the first thing I do when I get into a car with auto off/on is disable the feature. If I forget, I will turn it off the first time it engages.

No way in hell am I wearing out my starter, battery, air compressor, motor mounts by turning the car off and on at every stop I make to save pennies.
Amen,
Our 2020 F150 Limited has the Stop Start.
There is a button on the dash you can turn it off or on.
If you’re at a Stop light all you have to do, if you forget to turn it off, is when the engine stops just take your foot off the brake and quickly put your foot back on the brake and the engine will stay on and the Stop Start will not come on again until the next time you stop.
Repeat the procedure.
I always turn it off.
What a great STUPID IDEA!

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
My GT Premium 401a was built 1/21/24 and thankfully I do NOT have start/stop. I don't know if it's job 1 or job 2 though.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab
My GT Premium 401a was built 1/21/24 and thankfully I do NOT have start/stop. I don't know if it's job 1 or job 2 though.
Is yours the automatic?

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My manual GT has it. It was delivered 5 March.

Last edited:

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
My GT has it. It was delivered 5 March.
How does it work with a manual transmission? Does the car just start back up when you push the clutch in?

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
My mustang has it. I have the manual and I have always turned it off after I start the car. My car was built 3/7/24.

UNSAFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Vert, '06 Ford Ranger FX4 Supercab

FredBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Corvette
Mine was built 3/18 and doesn't have it, thankfully. Too many years of driving old junkers to be comfortable with the engine shutting off at a light.
Sponsored