• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Insurance?

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Insurance rates are up all across the country. With fewer cars on the road during the height of the pandemic, people drove fast and loose and didn't stop these tendencies when more people got back on the road. This, coupled with skyrocketing parts & labor costs for collision repair, make everyone pay more for insurance. With more people driving faster/more aggressively, the collisions are getting more severe, expensive, and deadly.

If you don't mind big brother watching you, you can go with an insurance company that transmits your driving habits as a "safe driver" in exchange for a reduced rate. In my case, I didn't buy the GT to be a responsible driver - safe, yes - but my acceleration and braking habits are my business and I'll forgo the discount. I don't share my telematic data with anyone.

I hope you get a deal!
Sponsored

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
If you don't mind big brother watching you, you can go with an insurance company that transmits your driving habits as a "safe driver" in exchange for a reduced rate.
I think it was State Farm and it was $30/mo on $600 which didn't amount to a hill of beans.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
Contrary to popular belief, the information provided for a soft pull is no different than the information provided for a hard pull. "Locking" your credit history at Equifax, Trans Union, or Experian doesn't mean the detailed information is not exposed. Lines of credit and loans, payment histories, collection accounts, tax liens, and public records. It's all provided. So is the risk score.

The only difference between a soft pull and a hard pull is that it's not counted against your risk score because there was not/is not a risk of credit being extended due to the soft pull.
Which is all I care about.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Which is all I care about.
That's great.

I was simply clearing up the incorrect information posted so that someone else didn't come along, read it, and rely on it in error.

Sf22giants

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Yes, I double checked. The lady said it populated with make & model. I got my VIN two weeks this Thursday.
We may get built the same week. I'm scheduled for week of 3/25.
I also have USAA. Just for peace of mind, after I got my VIN, I added the vehicle to my USAA policy before I purchased the car (specifically, the day before). As soon as I hit submit, the car popped up on my policy with updated rates and coverage options. I added extra coverage for the DH but wasn't required to add it to the existing policy.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
You should certainly shop around, but...

- FL is a challenging area to have insurance, both home and auto. I wouldn't expect this to change any time soon. We're starting to see this in CO as well. Some companies have stopped writing policies in the wealthier parts of the state, while everyone else is seeing large increases in premiums

- I've done some deep dives into GOV inflation reports that breakdown inflation rates of specific sectors of the economy. Vehicles are more expensive than ever, so insurance and repairs throughout the country have been witnessing large price increases. In some regions, consistent, annual, double-digit premium and repair upticks are occurring

- I've thrown out the idea driving without a claim has any meaning. Insurance companies the world over are re-calculating their risks in a given area. If they're seeing resistance in home policies, they raise vehicle polices. If your house is more prone to flood or fire, so is your vehicle. If you file a claim, they will raise your rates. Or simply drop you

- In CO, our risk pool has changed. While I believe I'm driving the same as ever, the risks are greater. More people focusing on their cell phones (50% of tickets in my county involve distracted driving), people speed more, driving more aggressive than ever before, a greater influx of people without license or insurance. I can try another company, but because the risk pool is the same, I wouldn't expect much difference; and thus far, I've found this to be true. Because I don't have a paying history with some of the national carriers, their premiums are often huge

- If one does see a marked difference in rates, I'm genuinely happy for them. But I would study every thing well. Significant differences are often a result of teaser rates, not paying out, poor customer service, slow-walking the claims process, etc.

I feel the best chance at a significant change in rates would be to move to a more rural location with a regional carrier. Several times, I've started working on a quote, only to learn they do not write polices in my area.

YMMV. Best Wishes to anyone looking for a better price.

Edit:

Sorry for the negative post. I tend to pray for the best and expect, then plan for the worst. With respect to insurance products of any kind, I feel I'm in a no-win situation.
Real BiG premiums are due to automobile theft also. I have top of the line insurance CAA for my 24 Mustang $100.00 Canadian a month.

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
Currently I have State Farm for my 2021 Jeep Gladiator and I have full coverage, $300k/$100k bodily injury, $500 deductible and I pay $99/mo and I live in New Jersey. I haven't yet gotten a quote for my 2024 GT, but I do have my VIN so I may call to see what my new rate will be before my car comes in. I did just get a letter from State Farm stating they applied with the state of New Jersey to "adjust" rates by up to 25% due to the pandemic being over but I can remember easily paying DOUBLE what I'm paying now so I'm staying put with my current policy.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
After all this research, I finally called USAA to get a quote based on the VIN.
Bottom line, my six month rate will only go up $50.00 for both cars. Perhaps USAA thought my WRX (being dropped) was a race car!
I went from a WRX to a Mustang GT as well. From my research the WRX is one of the most ticketed vehicles for moving violations.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I change every year or two. Pretty much all of the insurance companies will give you an introductory rate as a new customer and then try to raise it when the policy renews.
^ This. As exhausting as it may be, I have an agent that checks multiple insurances to see which is the most cost-effective. I've switched at least 3-4 times in the last 10 years to save money on insurance.

I went from a WRX to a Mustang GT as well. From my research the WRX is one of the most ticketed vehicles for moving violations.
^ 100% THIS!

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I must be living right. Not a single ticket. Now my red Mini Cooper S, that’s a different story!

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Insurance is nuts across the board - State Farm bumped mine up to $950/6 months ($100k/$300k liability $500 deductible) with my '23 GT and further $50 when I moved into my own space. Been with them since I started driving 11 years ago. USAA is roughly the same or more. Only one accident ~10 years ago, no tickets, even did a safe driving course years ago with the local PD.

Sadly had to get rid of the '23 (rent is f*cking nuts!), dropped insurance by $500/yr swapping to a 5 year old Ranger. For more comparison, my FoST last year was ~$1100/yr. Seems like everyone hikes rates for Mustangs sadly.

According to my agent, State Farm solely goes off zip code with only 2 major age changes - 25 and 80.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Geico, 2 cars + home bundled, GT Premium only added $63 a month and without a tracking device.

Usually switch companies every few years to get competitive rates

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Not for me. I'm with them for years now. i had an issue with a Camaro years ago, and i have no problems. they pay for everything , including the rental while the car was being fixed.
Same here.
NEVER
Never had any issues with USAA Insurance.
They have raised their rates but who hasn’t?
Also if you ever have a accident or worse they will not Cancel your insurance.
You should certainly shop around, but...

- FL is a challenging area to have insurance, both home and auto. I wouldn't expect this to change any time soon. We're starting to see this in CO as well. Some companies have stopped writing policies in the wealthier parts of the state, while everyone else is seeing large increases in premiums

- I've done some deep dives into GOV inflation reports that breakdown inflation rates of specific sectors of the economy. Vehicles are more expensive than ever, so insurance and repairs throughout the country have been witnessing large price increases. In some regions, consistent, annual, double-digit premium and repair upticks are occurring

- I've thrown out the idea driving without a claim has any meaning. Insurance companies the world over are re-calculating their risks in a given area. If they're seeing resistance in home policies, they raise vehicle polices. If your house is more prone to flood or fire, so is your vehicle. If you file a claim, they will raise your rates. Or simply drop you

- In CO, our risk pool has changed. While I believe I'm driving the same as ever, the risks are greater. More people focusing on their cell phones (50% of tickets in my county involve distracted driving), people speed more, driving more aggressive than ever before, a greater influx of people without license or insurance. I can try another company, but because the risk pool is the same, I wouldn't expect much difference; and thus far, I've found this to be true. Because I don't have a paying history with some of the national carriers, their premiums are often huge

- If one does see a marked difference in rates, I'm genuinely happy for them. But I would study every thing well. Significant differences are often a result of teaser rates, not paying out, poor customer service, slow-walking the claims process, etc.

I feel the best chance at a significant change in rates would be to move to a more rural location with a regional carrier. Several times, I've started working on a quote, only to learn they do not write polices in my area.

YMMV. Best Wishes to anyone looking for a better price.

Edit:

Sorry for the negative post. I tend to pray for the best and expect, then plan for the worst. With respect to insurance products of any kind, I feel I'm in a no-win situation.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
FWIW, it's not just us wrestling with the problem of ever-increasing insurance premiums.

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Insurance is nuts across the board - State Farm bumped mine up to $950/6 months ($100k/$300k liability $500 deductible) with my '23 GT and further $50 when I moved into my own space. Been with them since I started driving 11 years ago. USAA is roughly the same or more. Only one accident ~10 years ago, no tickets, even did a safe driving course years ago with the local PD.

Sadly had to get rid of the '23 (rent is f*cking nuts!), dropped insurance by $500/yr swapping to a 5 year old Ranger. For more comparison, my FoST last year was ~$1100/yr. Seems like everyone hikes rates for Mustangs sadly.

According to my agent, State Farm solely goes off zip code with only 2 major age changes - 25 and 80.
FoST?
Sponsored