• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Are the Recaros worth it?

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
And never good in a car, should use the LOU :question::crackup:

I crack myself up I'm so funny, I could kill myself.
Hahaha! You kill me man! I’m assuming you’re doing rapid red? If Ford had a Zues Brown colour like Chevrolet does, that’d be a perfect STOOL option.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The #1 concern in a car seat is comfort, both short and long term. Until you decide which seat is more comfortable skip the extras.

#2 concern is usage. Is it a street car, daily transportation, an occasional track toy. Answer these and you will come closer to your answer.

For me I love the look of the Recaro’s (who doesn’t) but after about 1/2 hour I couldn’t wait to get out of the car. So it was a hard no for me.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
The #1 concern in a car seat is comfort, both short and long term. Until you decide which seat is more comfortable skip the extras.

#2 concern is usage. Is it a street car, daily transportation, an occasional track toy. Answer these and you will come closer to your answer.

For me I love the look of the Recaro’s (who doesn’t) but after about 1/2 hour I couldn’t wait to get out of the car. So it was a hard no for me.
Oh wow! You didn’t find them comfortable eh! For me it’ll be a beach car. Few minutes a day driving to the store or whatever. But def no a commuting car! 3000-5000km a summer car.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I live in south Louisiana. With 100% humidity the heat index is 110 during the Summer, and the air is so wet you sweat even in the shade. Cooled leather seats are a miracle; I don't think I could do straight Recaros.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Count on me for a different opinion, I guess.

I don't like the Recaros. I'm 6'4" 200 lbs, and I'm too large for them. I went to the GT350 track attack and I found that even with the Recaros you have to have your harness very tight in order to be able to relax behind the wheel and really focus on controlling the car.

And I have installed a harness in my car for track days and I found that with the "sofa" seats and a tight harness you are held in position very well and can relax behind the wheel on track.

So my opinion is that the Recaros are for appearance only. They make the car look racy but otherwise don't functionally do anything better than the standard seats. And adjustable lumbar support is really nice to have. I think the standard seats are much more comfortable and just better all around than the Recaros for any use, whether it's daily driving, track, whatever.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6

I don't like the Recaros. I'm 6'4" 200 lbs, and I'm too large for them. I went to the GT350 track attack and I found that even with the Recaros you have to have your harness very tight in order to be able to relax behind the wheel and really focus on controlling the car.

And I have installed a harness in my car for track days and I found that with the "sofa" seats and a tight harness you are held in position very well and can relax behind the wheel on track.

So my opinion is that the Recaros are for appearance only. They make the car look racy but otherwise don't functionally do anything better than the standard seats. And adjustable lumbar support is really nice to have. I think the standard seats are much more comfortable and just better all around than the Recaros for any use, whether it's daily driving, track, whatever.
Wow thanks! I appreciate that!

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
I live in south Louisiana. With 100% humidity the heat index is 110 during the Summer, and the air is so wet you sweat even in the shade. Cooled leather seats are a miracle; I don't think I could do straight Recaros.
I bet lol! What colour seats you getting?

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
I’m pretty sure the new 650’s Recaros are 100% power and might even be heated/cooled. But if they’re powere the heated ‘cool option is unnecessary. And honestly even power is. I never once adjust my seat and have used the heated/cool option less than 5 times since 2018 when I got the car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I’m pretty sure the new 650’s Recaros are 100% power and might even be heated/cooled. But if they’re powere the heated ‘cool option is unnecessary. And honestly even power is. I never once adjust my seat and have used the heated/cool option less than 5 times since 2018 when I got the car.
Unless you have some inside information that none of know about the Recaro’s will not be powered. Heated & cooled are still up in the air. At least for now the order guide says no to both.

NS90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GFY
it really depends on your application for the vehicle. I've had both seats in stangs' and I'm closer to the 50th percentile Hybrid in terms of body type. Love the recaros at the track because they keep you snug especially when hitting a corner but for a daily not so much, and nothing to do with heat or cool..... it's the power functionality and the additional lumbar support for the premium base seats that enable long drives and makes commuting more comfortable

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree heat/cool is unnecessary, but I would say that both are awesome. On a hot day the cooling definitely helps take the edge off. I've also used the cooling feature on longer road trips. Even in the dead of winter after 4+ hours the seats get hot.

And to me heated seats are even better. With a heated seat you don't need the car heater blowing all that dry air around. I have some issues with dry eyes at times, and to me seat heating helps a ton in keeping the car comfortable.

I don't have heating/cooling seats in any of my cars I currently own, but that's more because I'm cheap - not because I don't like the feature.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Just wondering if they have improved the cooling/heating in the newer years? (18-22) The seats in my 2016 are pretty useless when it comes to the cooled function. Even the heated function isn't great.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

I've lived with both. My '16 Premium came with the stock leather seats and I swapped for Recaros after a couple years. I don't regret 'upgrading' one bit.

Its true that for occasional track or autox, harnesses with the sofa seats isn't a bad option.

*however*

I did find that cranking harnesses down with the sofa seats put a lot of strain straight down on the tops of my shoulders, because of the lower position of the top of the seat back, my shoulders were the highest point (and I'm only 5'10" with a normal length torso). The harness passthrough holes in the recaros OTOH are located much more appropriately and I don't get that strain.

Pros for Recaros
1 - The Recaros are pretty rare and look amazing (looks should always come first, no?).
2 - the drivers side recaro adjust lower than the power recliner can go, (so better with a helmet or if you are tall but not wide)
3 - the bolstering IS a lot sportier for any sort of normal casual use. You get more feedback, and slide around less (without the need for harnesses). Even the seat bottom is more communicative.
4 - I find them exceptionally comfortable for long multi-hour trips. I've driven up to 12 hours a day and feel fine afterwards. "short" 3 hour drives are a non-issue. No need for lumbar adjustment if they're perfect as-is.

Pros for the Sofa seats
1 - easier to slip into and slip out of. Better for a grocery getter or errand runner. Recaros aren't bad, but there's more clearance to the wheel and less bolstering to slip past with the stock seats when getting in and out.
2 - I guess the heating and cooling is ok. Never found I used it much anyway here in TX.
3 - really the only option if you've got a wide torso.

OP
OP
Cherry Orca

Cherry Orca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma 2019 V6
Looks like no power. But heated and cooled in the air because the seats look perforated. But the order guides say no to both.
Sponsored