• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

650 GT w/ PP vs Mach 1

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
As I’m looking at the S650 GT with PP and AVE I find myself in the low 50s price wise. Online, I’ve found a few gold certified Mach 1s for around the same price.

It definitely is tempting to pick up a lightly used Mach 1 with a nice warranty under the gold program. I have seen one or two articles discussing how the GT with PP could give the Mach 1 a run for its money. It will be interesting to see more test done.

The Mach 1 does have the tremec and additional coolers for the track. That’s probably the biggest selling points for me. I really like the 650 styling though and updated interior.
Sponsored

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I considered the same... around here it seems all the ford dealers still have new Mach 1s on the lot, and they are marking them down. Last month I test drove a new MY 22 (50 mi on it) that was marked down 3000 and I think it finally sold for less than that! In the end I knew I wouldn't be happy with a S550 when the S650 is out.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Motortrend Published 12.5 MT82 1/4 mile with the new fully spec GT while the Mach 1 does it in 12.6. However the skid pad numbers of the GT were not great nor were the braking numbers. This does mean a Tremac Mach 1 with HP will be faster on track than an S650 GT PP1 MT82. This is expected though.

If you are considering buying a GT / Mach 1 for track purposes you have a few options:

1. Buy Base S650 GT MT82 PP1 ($51,000) and add better suspension, wheels and tires (another $6-7000)

2. Mach 1 HP ($55,000-60,000) this will also need some mods though

3. Dark Horse HP ($68,000) This will be the money thicket but hard to order/buy without waiting.

Overall I'm not sure if I needed to replace my S550 2017 GT which way I'm going since I'm in Europe. The Mach 1 here is going to be the highest Horsepower Mustang ever sold in Europe (460 hp) because the DH will only be (449 hp) we only get Premium cars without the Handling Pack. But Mach 1 is 20 000 euro cheaper than a DH here so it's a no brainer for me.

Overall chose whatever makes you happy.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
As I’m looking at the S650 GT with PP and AVE I find myself in the low 50s price wise. Online, I’ve found a few gold certified Mach 1s for around the same price.

It definitely is tempting to pick up a lightly used Mach 1 with a nice warranty under the gold program. I have seen one or two articles discussing how the GT with PP could give the Mach 1 a run for its money. It will be interesting to see more test done.

The Mach 1 does have the tremec and additional coolers for the track. That’s probably the biggest selling points for me. I really like the 650 styling though and updated interior.
You can get a relatively low miles Mach 1 with handling pack for low-mid 50s. Probably 52-53 ish for 21s and 22s, 55-56ish for 23s or super low mile 22s. You gotta remember, those cars still had MSRPs in the high 60s. Take the carbon trap out and you've got 480HP. The 6HP bump for the GT with AE is negligible.

I think what you've gotta decide personally is, do you want the better deal, or do you want what you prefer (the 650 styling and the updated interior).

I would choose a used M1 HP over a new GT PP all day. I would choose a new GT PP over a used or even new M1 base all day.

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW 335i
Motortrend Published 12.5 MT82 1/4 mile with the new fully spec GT while the Mach 1 does it in 12.6. However the skid pad numbers of the GT were not great nor were the braking numbers. This does mean a Tremac Mach 1 with HP will be faster on track than an S650 GT PP1 MT82. This is expected though.

If you are considering buying a GT / Mach 1 for track purposes you have a few options:

1. Buy Base S650 GT MT82 PP1 ($51,000) and add better suspension, wheels and tires (another $6-7000)

2. Mach 1 HP ($55,000-60,000) this will also need some mods though

3. Dark Horse HP ($68,000) This will be the money thicket but hard to order/buy without waiting.

Overall I'm not sure if I needed to replace my S550 2017 GT which way I'm going since I'm in Europe. The Mach 1 here is going to be the highest Horsepower Mustang ever sold in Europe (460 hp) because the DH will only be (449 hp) we only get Premium cars without the Handling Pack. But Mach 1 is 20 000 euro cheaper than a DH here so it's a no brainer for me.

Overall chose whatever makes you happy.
You can get a relatively low miles Mach 1 with handling pack for low-mid 50s. Probably 52-53 ish for 21s and 22s, 55-56ish for 23s or super low mile 22s. You gotta remember, those cars still had MSRPs in the high 60s. Take the carbon trap out and you've got 480HP. The 6HP bump for the GT with AE is negligible.

I think what you've gotta decide personally is, do you want the better deal, or do you want what you prefer (the 650 styling and the updated interior).

I would choose a used M1 HP over a new GT PP all day. I would choose a new GT PP over a used or even new M1 base all day.
My thought process would be, "If this Mustang isn't my primary means of transportation on a daily basis, I'm just going to put this purchase off 1 year and get a 2025 DH."

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS, 22 2ss1le

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Any 5.0 S550 is better buy than a 5.0 S650. The exterior styling is better, physical buttons are better than just a touch-screen, and there's no locked ECU or sensors (tampering) to worry about.

An S550 Mach 1 is superior in every way compared to any S650 GT.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Any 5.0 S550 is better buy than a 5.0 S650. The exterior styling is better, physical buttons are better than just a touch-screen, and there's no locked ECU or sensors (tampering) to worry about.

An S550 Mach 1 is superior in every way compared to any S650 GT.
LMAO the M1 is inferior in every possible way to the S650 GT, save for those pointless buttons. Motortrend left out that they are comparing a car running 255/275 tires to one running 305/315s. No other factor would make a difference

OP
OP
FlyNavy86

FlyNavy86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Gold Camry
LMAO the M1 is inferior in every possible way to the S650 GT, save for those pointless buttons. Motortrend left out that they are comparing a car running 255/275 tires to one running 305/315s. No other factor would make a difference
I wouldn’t go that far. You can’t beat the tremec. Also the extra coolers for track duty!

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
Curious as to what you are basing this on? Certainly 100% entitled to your opinion, but specs seemed to show a different story?

NegativeMultiplier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Get what you prefer.

I understand from what I'm hearing and reading that the S650 GT PP is closer to the S550 M1, and the DH is closer to a GT350. If this is indeed the case (and the GT350 sets quite a high bar to meet), and you aren't considering a DH, then it's really whichever you want more.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Curious as to what you are basing this on? Certainly 100% entitled to your opinion, but specs seemed to show a different story?
The M1 is supposed to be track focused, a la Dark Horse, so it comes with extra coolers and wider tires, but what else? The 2024 GT has the gen 4 coyote (which does support tuning by approved vendors), revised 10-speed auto, bigger brakes, bigger sway bars, improved steering rack, significantly better infotainment system with the new synch 4, improved safety features (like standard rear parking sensors), more customizability (brake color, seat belts, wheels, stripes, headlights, etc) and a good ol drift brake.

Also you can rev it from your key fob and it doesn't look like a catfish

Rate_of_Twist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO, 22 Triumph Speed Twin
The M1 is supposed to be track focused, a la Dark Horse, so it comes with extra coolers and wider tires, but what else? The 2024 GT has the gen 4 coyote (which does support tuning by approved vendors), revised 10-speed auto, bigger brakes, bigger sway bars, improved steering rack, significantly better infotainment system with the new synch 4, improved safety features (like standard rear parking sensors), more customizability (brake color, seat belts, wheels, stripes, headlights, etc) and a good ol drift brake.

Also you can rev it from your key fob and it doesn't look like a catfish
Got it.
From a car performance stand point the M1 and the DH will be a close match and spec. I would expect with the extra HP that the DH will be superior, but as far as chassis tuning and setup, brakes, cooling and aero, both the M1 and DH are superior spec to the GT (S550 and S650)

Aesthetics are subjective, so I wouldn’t bothering arguing that, but from a purely objective stand point the M1 is a higher spec performance wise than either generation GT.
Sponsored